Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Paul Wagner (balzaccom) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wine Country
About Me Decades of hiking and backpacking in the Sierra...and beyond. Check out our website for fun, stories, trip reports, photos and philosophy!
CityNapa
StateCA
My Website URLhttps://sites.google.com/site/backpackthesierra/home

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Wagner

Showing 171 - 180 of 425 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...43

Forum » Thread

Sonora Pass peaks
The good news? I am now healthy again, and able to hike. How do I know? Because over the weekend we went up to Sonora Pass and headed South on the Pacific Crest Trail for a day hike. On the w...

In Post-Trip Reports » Sonora Pass peaks
July 03, 12:46pm

Go high
We were at 10,000 feet above Sonora Pass on Monday, and it was 75 degrees. Then we came back down.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Norcal July 3-7: what to do with the heatwave??
July 03, 12:45pm

the Hot High Sierra
This weekend is going to be darn hot, even at the higher elevations. Weather forecasts are calling for temps to get into the 90's at 5,000, and that means that they will still be in the 80s in...

In Pre-Trip Planning » the Hot High Sierra
June 28, 7:48pm

Harrison's Map
Harrison's maps are pretty good---we use them for lots of reasons. But we also print out our own blow-ups of key spots on Acmemapper.com. IT's free, and very cool

In Pre-Trip Planning » Kearsarge Pass-Gardiner Basin-Sixty Lakes Basin
June 28, 7:46pm

Rainbow pool;
That second photo isn't far off the highway, is it! Hope you have a great time. Lovely area

In Pre-Trip Planning » Taking off with teen girls, dog, low miles, lots of gear
June 25, 4:47pm

Handel's Messiah
Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill made low, the crooked straight, and the rough places plain. Best of all, you can sing it while you're hiking up impossible slopes...

In Philosophy & Technique » Words to hike by
June 24, 3:55pm

JMT
Hi Ari Here are a few thoughts: Your plan isn't crazy. SHould be a great adventure. Either stove will work, and your pack and bag will both be fine. Don't spent too much time ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » JMT August-September from Finland
June 20, 7:33am

King;s book
Mountaineering in the Sierra Nevada. It's more fun than Brewer, and has more to do with the Sierra as well. Great fun, great read. Free on Nook and Kindle.

In On the Web » Love in the High SIerra
June 14, 8:32am

Love in the High SIerra
Just finished reading a great book, "Up and Down California" by William F. Brewer. You may recognize Mr. Brewer, because there is a mountain in Kings Canyon named for him. There's a...

In On the Web » Love in the High SIerra
June 13, 7:03pm

Dehydration anecdote...
I had a small adventure with dehydration over the weekend... I was working on our cabin, at about 4,000 in the Sierra, on one of the hottest days of the year, covering the lower section of the c...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Dehydration anecdote...
June 11, 4:34pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul Wagner

Paul Wagner has posted no reviews.