BPL Community Profile

Don Selesky (backslacker) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Don Selesky hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Don Selesky has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Don Selesky

Showing 171 - 180 of 284 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Forum » Thread

Re: Under quilt used as Over quilt
I used the Nest as an overquilt when I was in the Rockies outside of Durango this summer. Spent a week in a hammock, with a pad underneath and the Nest over me, down to around 30F. I was warm and...

In GEAR » Under quilt used as Over quilt
March 07, 6:02am

Re: VBLs
"As for gloves, I prefer good GTX gloves with REMOVABLE thick pile or thinner fleece liners. I carry two spare sets of glove liners and a GTX OR mitten shell backup for extreme cold." ...

In GEAR » Some notes on ski/snow camping
March 04, 6:24am

Re: Lightest winter stove base material
Ray: Your stove base looks very similar to mine, except you use a circular base. I've set it up as a rectangle to also keep the Powermax canister off the snow. I do particularly like you...

In GEAR » Lightest winter stove base material
February 21, 7:19pm

Re: Lightest winter stove base material
"...is there a lighter material than wood which can be used which won't melt" I use a small section of a blue foam pad, covered with aluminum tape I get from the hardware store. N...

In GEAR » Lightest winter stove base material
February 19, 2:57am

Re: MLD Serenity vs bivy
At the risk of preaching heresy here, why not take both? Use the Serenity unless the conditions are bad enough you would want to use the bivy. Bivies, obviously, are less breathable than net sh...

In GEAR » MLD Serenity vs bivy
February 10, 6:45am

Re: Big Sky
"• pick the Revolution if you want to remove the interior. The Mirage interior is permanently attached and can not be removed. " Given the history of delayed customer shipments from ...

In GEAR » 2 Person Lightweight double wall tent
February 05, 8:13am

Re: Re: Big Sky
"Do a search on Big Sky or BS and you will dig up mass graves of hoodwinked buyers who paid after being told "4-6 weeks" delivery -- and then waiting for a whole friggin' year or...

In GEAR » 2 Person Lightweight double wall tent
February 05, 8:08am

Re: NiZn rechargeable batteries for headlamps and digi cameras?
I found the possibilities for this battery type interesting, so I purchased a set of 4 AA batteries and a charger from Ritz Camera. Out of the box, 3 of the 4 batteries were defective, according t...

In GEAR » NiZn rechargeable batteries for headlamps and digi cameras?
January 30, 7:44am

Re: Re: Fabric for winter shell pants?
"Interesting, and not quite what I was expecting. What would be a good soft shell material for wet snow? I should say that I am in the Cascades, so 35 with heavy wet snow is pretty common....

In GEAR » Fabric for winter shell pants?
January 27, 7:03am

Re: Fabric for winter shell pants?
The first decision is whether you want soft shell or hard shell pants. Assuming winter conditions, where it's below freezing, I find a soft shell is the best compromise. It breathes well, sti...

In GEAR » Fabric for winter shell pants?
January 26, 8:54pm

All Reader Reviews by Don Selesky

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Super Stretch Down Hugger #3
I've had my 30F #3 bag down to 12F on a winter camping trip, wearing a mid-weight synthetic parka and pants, under a tarp and bivy combination. I was comfortable up to the 12F temps, although I w...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
May 04, 2:45am

Big Sky International
I ordered a tent about mid-December of last year also, and would be stunned at this point if it ever showed up. I suspect that you'll never get a refund simply because Big Sky doesn't have it - the f...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 05, 2:02pm