BPL Community Profile

Aaron Sorensen (awsorensen) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South of Forester Pass
About Me Turning my hobby obsession into a part time job and maybe full time job.

I will be selling children's sleeping bags soon.
Stay tuned for updates.
CityBay Area
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 171 - 180 of 1171 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...118

Forum » Thread

Re: synthetic and synthetic hybrid
"I think this alternative option would be good for people doing extended hikes, especially at places like the AT where wetness and high humidity are often, but not always experienced." ...

In GEAR » enLIGHTened equipment product changes in Sept.
September 24, 9:01pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: synthetic and synthetic hybrid
Okay, I could see a 2.5 ounce sewn thru quilt with 3-4 ounces of down added under the apex for a nice 40 degree quilt. I'm surprised no one has done this yet, however I think the down would ...

September 24, 8:11pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: synthetic and synthetic hybrid
I've made a hybrid with the scree insulation thru-hiker used to sell. I used a 40" width of the scree along the main body. Quit fit is 55" wide and fits 6' with 20d fabric and 9...

September 23, 7:30pm

Re: Found item: Ultralight Ice Axe
Aaron Sorensen here I received one of the TICA's but it had normal teeth in it. Funny, since I was just in the area last week hiking the JMT. Now you're down to 8...if it's not K...

In GEAR » Found item: Ultralight Ice Axe
September 23, 6:29pm

Re: Like the hand pockets...
I've made a quilt with shoulder pockets. Each corner was sewn back about 10" so when you get in you just tuck your shoulders in and the entire side would follow. The longer area made it ...

In GEAR » New Down Quilt from Sierra Designs with built in hood and hand pockets
September 22, 11:29am

Re: Thanks
It's all but impossible to just be able to look at the black M50 and know which side is which. You have to do a water test or throw some dirt on it to tell. I even folded both sides which is ...

In Make Your Own Gear » M50 quilt...shiny side?
September 21, 11:25pm

Re: M50 quilt...shiny side?
I made a synthetic quilt with the wrong side out. It collects dust on it like crazy. So yes it is important to have the right side out.

In Make Your Own Gear » M50 quilt...shiny side?
September 21, 12:50pm

Re: jmt
The gear choices were perfect for the trip. By day 3 I had less than 12 pounds on my back and the weight just went down from there. I saw a lot of ULA packs and the way I was dressed didn'...

In Post-Trip Reports » 6 DAYS AND 200 MILES ON THE JOHN MUIR TRAIL
September 16, 4:35pm

Re: JMTers
Just got off the JMT. I did see a few U/L hikers, although half of them were sectional or doing a portion of the SHR. It was nice being the only N. bound JMT hiker. I got to see everyone pas...

In Philosophy & Technique » Current conversations with JMT hikers
September 16, 4:25pm

Re: lawyer
If you're that close, you can just pat them on the head as they walk by. I would think that stick would be a worse idea. A poked bear is an angry bear.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Inventor's hiking stick can fend off bears
September 15, 1:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Fenix L2D-CE
Everything else is just a light. For its weight, its 2-40 times brighter and lasts 5-10 time longer. Now they just need to make a 3AAA headlamp with a 5/15/35 lumens setting. The only problem...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
May 13, 10:33pm

Golite 2006 Reed Pants
I got the 2006 version with out the leg zippers because it is what I wanted, (the lighter version). I'm sure the breathability that Golite claims for it is accurate, but something twice as good...

In Clothing - Raingear
March 11, 1:20pm

Nuwai 1 Watt (HLX-712L)
The Nuwai HLX-712L ROCKS!!! I found it hear for $27 http://www.amondotech.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=874 The CR123A Batteries are only $1 each as well. I have been using the Pe...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 13, 8:47pm

The North Face 2005 Hightail Long
I have a few issues with this bag that will never get addressed because the new ones have been changed completely. First the good. I found it on sale for $230. The long is only 3 oz more than t...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 01, 6:23pm

Gatorade Bottle
I have yet to have one of these leak on me. They have taking over as my go to water holder since they have been out. Platy's are just too finiky IMO. I just wish they made one a little bigger. ...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
November 30, 7:58pm