BPL Community Profile

Aaron Sorensen (awsorensen) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South of Forester Pass
About Me Turning my hobby obsession into a part time job and maybe full time job.

I will be selling children's sleeping bags soon.
Stay tuned for updates.
CityBay Area
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 171 - 180 of 1281 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...129

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Updated Gear List
In June, you will be going thru snow. Ice ax is a must. The streams will be flowing as well and each crossing will get you wet. There are so many streams and each one will be 4 times wider than ...

In Gear Lists » 2014 June 1st JMT Gear List.... Need Some Help
February 01, 10:20am

Re: Re: Re: REI Responds -
If we just came to face the fact that REI doesn't give a crap about what UL Backpackers think, we can move on. What bugged me out even more is the Outdoor Gear Lab results. Something weighi...

In GEAR » Excellent headlamp review and deceptive advertising
January 30, 6:42pm

Re: Re: thanks for a great weekend!
So glad I drove the 375 miles each way. Now I get to go to a 2nd event right around the corner in socal. Who's the lucky one? Had a blast. Loved the new SMD packs. I'm going to ord...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
January 27, 5:14pm

Re: Nice
Pretty sure the 30 was around 1.6 pounds and the 40 was just under 2. The 2 main packs were starting at 2.25 pounds.

In GEAR » new SMD packs
January 26, 9:12pm

Re: GGG in Southern CA
Pretty sure there are no fire allowed at all in the San Gabriels? At least all the places I've been.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » GGG in Southern CA
January 26, 9:04pm

Re: Cottage Gear
Thanks

In GEAR » How do you find cottage gear?
January 21, 10:41pm

Re: Big 4 weight/cost
Home made quilt $250 19 ounces 1/8" Pad 24" X 72" $15 3.5 ounces Home made Bivy $50 4.5 ounces Homemade Pack $35 10.6 ounces Total ...

In GEAR » What's your big four weigh/cost? Me- 2 lbs 8.4 oz/$773
January 19, 10:01pm

Re: Waiting to see
EE gives you the loft. If you wanted something comparable to a bag you have already, why didn't you just measure the loft and go from there? I don't getting the questioning behind it when...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What's warmer for the weight: quilts, bags?
January 19, 7:05pm

Re: Re: Space blanket
I'm doing a 2 hiking pole diamond shape Poly Tarp with only two stakes. Simple easy and effective. I'll have it at the GGG.

In Make Your Own Gear » Polycro Tarp Tested!
January 18, 12:42pm

Re: re: cost
I did a 14-6 karo and the down shifts way to easily. A 14-9 would be ideal, but since you've already cut the 6" pieces out, I would go with a 12-6 or even better an 11-6.

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG first down quilt: Karo Step
January 09, 6:54pm

All Reader Reviews by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Fenix L2D-CE
Everything else is just a light. For its weight, its 2-40 times brighter and lasts 5-10 time longer. Now they just need to make a 3AAA headlamp with a 5/15/35 lumens setting. The only problem...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
May 13, 10:33pm

Golite 2006 Reed Pants
I got the 2006 version with out the leg zippers because it is what I wanted, (the lighter version). I'm sure the breathability that Golite claims for it is accurate, but something twice as good...

In Clothing - Raingear
March 11, 1:20pm

Nuwai 1 Watt (HLX-712L)
The Nuwai HLX-712L ROCKS!!! I found it hear for $27 http://www.amondotech.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=874 The CR123A Batteries are only $1 each as well. I have been using the Pe...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 13, 8:47pm

The North Face 2005 Hightail Long
I have a few issues with this bag that will never get addressed because the new ones have been changed completely. First the good. I found it on sale for $230. The long is only 3 oz more than t...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 01, 6:23pm

Gatorade Bottle
I have yet to have one of these leak on me. They have taking over as my go to water holder since they have been out. Platy's are just too finiky IMO. I just wish they made one a little bigger. ...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
November 30, 7:58pm