BPL Community Profile

Ashley Brown (ashleyb) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Ashley Brown hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Ashley Brown has not added a biography yet.
CitySydney
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ashley Brown

Showing 171 - 180 of 1159 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...116

Forum » Thread

Re: fit...
Thanks for reporting back Chris! I fully expect to be able to sweat buckets day after day in these and come into town smelling like a spring mountain breeze. lol. Magic it ain't!

In GEAR » have a favorite merino wool top?
July 29, 7:17pm

Re: Slide prevention for bag/pad on tent floor?
Maybe try getting a gossamer gear thinlight pad 1/8 inch thick and sticking a small section of it under your pad. A thinlight only weighs 2 oz for a 60 inch long piece... and I imagine you could ge...

In Philosophy & Technique » Slide prevention for bag/pad on tent floor?
July 29, 6:29am

Re: Cheap locking poles
The REI Peak UL are actually Komperdell C3 poles in disguise... they are the exact same pole, but rebranded for REI. So they are the same ones I have. I got mine for about $75. Tim, since you wa...

In GEAR » So how about some...
July 29, 3:08am

How to Cut and Reseal a Neoair
Awesome work! Will be interested to hear how much it weighs now and how it seems to be holding up. There are a lot of folks who would love to cut down a 25 inch wide NeoAir to 25x48 inches.

In Make Your Own Gear » How to Cut and Reseal a Neoair
July 28, 11:43pm

trekking poles
As Jonathan says, gossamer gear LT4s and TiGoat poles are the go-to poles for BPL members looking for adjustable poles. BlackDiamond poles are worth a mention to due to their excellent 'flic...

In GEAR » So how about some...
July 28, 9:22pm

Feedback on Montbell Spiral #3??
As I understand it, there is no elastic built into the Spiral bags. The "stretchiness" comes from the fabric being 'cut on the bias'... which simply means that it is being pulled ...

In GEAR » Feedback on Montbell Spiral #3??
July 28, 7:45pm

Re: Lightweight Batteries
If you are talking about AA/AAA batteries, lithium batteries are quite a bit lighter than standard alkaline and last much longer. One option is to use a solar panel of some sort. See Thom's ...

In GEAR » Lightweight Batteries
July 28, 8:53am

Re: What shelter for Nepal?
A mid sounds like a good option. I've trekked in Nepal a couple of times, but never camped. Teahouses are just too convenient and they are just about everywhere. Still it would be fun to do a b...

In GEAR » What shelter for Nepal?
July 28, 3:16am

Re: Here is what I am talking about...
"Please remember that if you return any items from an order in which you received free shipping and/or a promotional gift or discount, the original savings associated with the returned item wi...

In Gear Deals » BaseGear 20% Off All Non-Sale Items
July 28, 2:20am

Re: Well lookie lookie...
Dunno where you read that. Here is the return policy. Providing the stuff you buy is "returnable" (not long underwear, tags still on it etc) then if you spent $300-20%=$240 you will get $...

In Gear Deals » BaseGear 20% Off All Non-Sale Items
July 28, 1:53am

All Reader Reviews by Ashley Brown

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Potable Aqua Iodine Drinking Water Germicidal Tablets
I am always amazed when people say that idodine treated water tastes horrible. Sure it does -- if you don't do it right. The key step is to neutralise the iodine with vitamin C... but don't...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
March 03, 11:02pm