BPL Community Profile

Andrew F (andrew.f) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Andrew F has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListEmigrant group trip list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andrew F

Showing 171 - 180 of 757 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...76

Forum » Thread

Re: SEKI National Park 10 day Loop - full photo show is done
Thanks Amy. Those photos were a breath of fresh air now that cabin fever is starting to set in.

In Post-Trip Reports » SEKI National Park 10 day Loop
January 06, 2:31pm

Re: GGG Whatcha Bringing?
No worries Ryan, it's been very easy to meet people at the last few GGG's. Everyone I've met has been very friendly. Just put on a name tag and start asking people about their gear and ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » GGG Whatcha Bringing?
January 06, 9:44am

Re: Your Repair Kit Contents
Single use tube of krazy glue. NeoAir patches. Needle and polyester thread. Two medium zip ties. A 2x2" hybrid cuben patch. A small and a large safety pin. A 1\2" by 3" piece o...

In GEAR » Your Repair Kit Contents
January 05, 2:19pm

Re: Shoulder Season in Ionian Basin ~ October 2013
Nice job Andy. I read this on your blog back in November but I enjoyed it just as much the second time. The White Divide doesn't get much attention. If it were anywhere else in the country othe...

In Post-Trip Reports » Shoulder Season in Ionian Basin ~ October 2013
December 28, 11:20pm

Re: Neoprene socks
Here's my theory... The neoprene socks work like a wetsuit, by trapping a layer of water which is warmed by your feet. They prevent cold water from flushing in and out of your socks quickly ...

In GEAR » Trail Runners and Snow
December 22, 7:36pm

Re: JMT Gear List
Clothing: Nix 1/2 zip fleece, use the Capilene 2 L/S as a midlayer instead Nix Shirt 3 Nix the spare underwear Nix the sandals, Roclite 295's are just as comfy and dry fast Add in a rain j...

In Gear Lists » JMT Gear List
December 19, 11:35pm

Re: Longest ultraight BP w/o replenishing?
Check out Ryan Jordan, Roman Dial and Jason Geck's Arctic 1000 expedition: http://packrafting.blogspot.com/2010/08/2006-arctic-1000-625-miles-in-24-days.html

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Longest ultraight BP w/o replenishing?
December 18, 2:10pm

Re: Late July JMT
No way would I wear a Capilene 2 shirt and running shorts in late July. That's the peak of the bug season. That time of year I wear nylon pants and a nylon long sleeve button-up shirt both of w...

In Gear Lists » Late July JMT
December 18, 1:46pm

Re: How much weight in clothing?
Justin, that's a reasonable list. Almost exactly what I bring. I'm usually around 2 lbs for carried clothing, a little less in the summer, a little more this time of year.

In GEAR » How much weight in clothing?
December 17, 10:52pm

Re: Trail Runners and Snow
Lots of good BPL articles on footwear over the years: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/lightweight_footwear_systems_for_snow_travel_part_1.html http://www.backpackingl...

In GEAR » Trail Runners and Snow
December 17, 10:39pm

All Reader Reviews by Andrew F

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

zpacks Company
I had the same experience as everyone else here. Joe got me a customized piece of gear on time and was very responsive to my questions and requests. Can't do much better than that.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
September 30, 10:01am

ULA Ohm
The Ohm is my go-to pack for trips that don't require a bear can. You can fit a Bearikade in it, but it's not very comfortable because it bulges into your back. I put a plastic frame sheet fro...

In Backpacks - Frameless
November 15, 2:15pm

Katabatic Gear Alsek
See thread with pictures and comments here: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=48962 I've used this quilt for about 20 nights no...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
November 15, 2:08pm