BPL Community Profile

Andrew F (andrew.f) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Andrew F has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListEmigrant group trip list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andrew F

Showing 171 - 180 of 800 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...80

Forum » Thread

Re: XC route question in John Muir Wideness in the Sierra National Forest
I have no personal experience in that specific area so I can't comment directly. But the saddle east of Point 11125 is much less steep and looks more appealing on the satellite photo.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » XC route question in John Muir Wideness in the Sierra National Forest
March 10, 9:23pm

spinnshelter
Spinnshelter is sold.

In Gear Swap » FS: MLD Trailstar, GG Spinnshelter
March 05, 9:53pm

Re: FS: MLD Trailstar, GG Spinnshelter
Trailstar is sold.

March 05, 5:13pm

Re: Anyone hiked Theodore Solomons Trail (the JMT Alternate Trail)?
Interesting. That's definitely further to the west in some spots than what I had laid out. I think you could probably substitute a few significant sections to include more alpine scenery withou...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Anyone hiked Theodore Solomons Trail (the JMT Alternate Trail)?
March 05, 3:16pm

Re: Theodore Solomons Trail (the JMT Alternate Trail)?
I hadn't even heard of it until your post. It's an interesting idea, though. It certainly is easy to trace a route from Yosemite to Whitney without touching the JMT and I think would be a r...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Anyone hiked Theodore Solomons Trail (the JMT Alternate Trail)?
March 05, 2:54pm

FS: MLD Trailstar, GG Spinnshelter
MLD Trailstar - SOLD The Trailstar is yellow silnylon. This is in perfect condition. I meticulously seam sealed it. Selling it because I really like the TS and I got a cuben version. $175 shipped....

March 05, 12:09pm

Re: 2014 Bob Marshall Wilderness Open: Marias Pass to Monture Creek
I got an opportunity to go to Europe for work for three weeks at the same time that I just couldn't pass up, so I'm not gonna make it this year. I came up with what I think is a pretty good...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 2014 Bob Marshall Wilderness Open: Marias Pass to Monture Creek
March 05, 7:59am

Re: Windshirt fatigue
The ratio of time spent posting to time spent actually hiking is pretty high around here, and it gets even worse during the winter.

In GEAR » WIndshirt fatigue
February 25, 12:08pm

Re:Pack recommendation for the ladies in my life
My wife loves her ULA Ohm.

In GEAR » Pack recommendation for the ladies in my life
February 23, 10:34pm

Re: Mirage
Dan, my Mirage fits almost exactly the same as my UL down parka, except the Mirage has a little more room in the body for layers and the waistline goes down a few inches further. Sleeve length is b...

In GEAR » Video review of my new Montbell Mirage jacket.
February 19, 7:48pm

All Reader Reviews by Andrew F

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

zpacks Company
I had the same experience as everyone else here. Joe got me a customized piece of gear on time and was very responsive to my questions and requests. Can't do much better than that.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
September 30, 10:01am

ULA Ohm
The Ohm is my go-to pack for trips that don't require a bear can. You can fit a Bearikade in it, but it's not very comfortable because it bulges into your back. I put a plastic frame sheet fro...

In Backpacks - Frameless
November 15, 2:15pm

Katabatic Gear Alsek
See thread with pictures and comments here: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=48962 I've used this quilt for about 20 nights no...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
November 15, 2:08pm