BPL Community Profile

Ben Crocker (alexdrewreed) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Kentucky
About Me Ben Crocker has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben Crocker

Showing 171 - 180 of 921 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...93

Forum » Thread

@Steven
@Steven. It does get a bit mucky down there but really a pretty area. Its not Co.but still not half bad. I spent a little time in Ar recently too. My son goes to school in Conway so we did a 3 day...

In Post-Trip Reports » Banzai! Slickrock Wilderness with Old Friends But No Stiffknee
July 08, 7:47pm

Banzai! Slickrock Wilderness with Old Friends But No Stiffknee
Its the first weekend of May and 2 months post-surgery on a torn meniscus. I've been in first gear for quite awhile because of the knee, so I'm dieing to get out. My doc has released me t...

In Post-Trip Reports » Banzai! Slickrock Wilderness with Old Friends But No Stiffknee
July 08, 6:07pm

Whites
Looks like a great trip, Jake. I'm always amazed how the New England trails don't switchback k. They just go straight up. I did a week on the AT in Maine last summer and really liked it. I ...

In Post-Trip Reports » White Mountains NH weekend
July 08, 4:27pm

CT
I think Andrew gives a lot of good advise. I would also look at the ZPacks website for some of your gear. Specifically, look at the ZPacks kilt, shelters, down Hood(if you need it) People seem to ...

In Gear Lists » Colorado Trail June 2014 Section Hike Gear List
July 04, 9:08am

Alcohol stoves?
Here is the post on the INYO site: Beginning June 28, and until further notice, the following restrictions will be in effect: NO CAMPFIRES, briquette barbeques, or stove fires are allowe...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » California Fire Restrictions
July 03, 2:39pm

Alcohol stoves?
I talked to the people at the INYO office today. They told me alcohol stoves are ok. I am a little concerned by her statement, though. She had to ask what I meant by an alcohol stove.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » California Fire Restrictions
July 03, 2:09pm

Ultimate SUL gear list in NH White Mountains? 6.8lbs
If you want it lighter, I think the obvious replacements are the rain shell, shell pants, and tarp. You can go a lot lighter on the rain shell. I think you can get by with a rain skirt too. 21 o...

In GEAR » Ultimate SUL gear list in NH White Mountains? 6.8lbs
July 01, 4:15pm

Camping near New Orleans?
Its going to be hot, humid, and possibly buggy. I would just spend all night out on the town. That's the best way to enjoy the NO area anyway.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Camping near New Orleans?
June 28, 8:41am

Footwear coming back from an ankle injury
I have had 2 severe ankle dislocations (and numerous run-of-the-mill sprains) from a life of competitive volleyball. I would recommend an Active Ankle brace for support while regaining strength. ...

In GEAR » Footwear coming back from an ankle injury
June 18, 8:07am

Zero
You can get a zpacks zero and get any option you like. Can't imagine wanting a frame for a light daypack.

In GEAR » Help with choosing a light, comfortable Daypack
June 17, 6:39pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben Crocker

Ben Crocker has posted no reviews.