BPL Community Profile

Ben Crocker (alexdrewreed) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Kentucky
About Me Ben Crocker has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben Crocker

Showing 171 - 180 of 915 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...92

Forum » Thread

Ultimate SUL gear list in NH White Mountains? 6.8lbs
If you want it lighter, I think the obvious replacements are the rain shell, shell pants, and tarp. You can go a lot lighter on the rain shell. I think you can get by with a rain skirt too. 21 o...

In GEAR » Ultimate SUL gear list in NH White Mountains? 6.8lbs
July 01, 4:15pm

Camping near New Orleans?
Its going to be hot, humid, and possibly buggy. I would just spend all night out on the town. That's the best way to enjoy the NO area anyway.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Camping near New Orleans?
June 28, 8:41am

Footwear coming back from an ankle injury
I have had 2 severe ankle dislocations (and numerous run-of-the-mill sprains) from a life of competitive volleyball. I would recommend an Active Ankle brace for support while regaining strength. ...

In GEAR » Footwear coming back from an ankle injury
June 18, 8:07am

Zero
You can get a zpacks zero and get any option you like. Can't imagine wanting a frame for a light daypack.

In GEAR » Help with choosing a light, comfortable Daypack
June 17, 6:39pm

Trip Ideas - (In or Around) Tennessee
Most of the best backpacking is in eastern Tn. This time of year, its hot, so you'll want to be high or on a cool creek. These would be my top picks: The Citico/Slickrock Wilderness fits p...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Trip Ideas - (In or Around) Tennessee - Dog Friendly if Possible
June 17, 10:25am

Near Philmont
You can walk up Wheeler Peak; its a fun day hike and close by. The Rio Grande Gorge is close as well. A little further north you have the Sangre de Christos, which look great, and the San Dun...

In Philmont » Cool things to sightsee before Philmont?
June 13, 4:28pm

You Believe? Or You Know?
Like Anna, I can confirm that the window film looks, feels, and performs just like the GG groundsheet.

In Gear Deals » Groudsheet Polycro/window insulation film kit $5 at Walmart
June 11, 1:12pm

Picnic blanket ideas (groundsheet)
Lots of places will sell you a 2x6 piece. You could tape or velcro those 2 pieces together. Seems like someone sells a double wide sheet but I can't recall.

In GEAR » Picnic blanket ideas (groundsheet)
June 06, 3:39pm

Picnic blanket ideas (groundsheet)
1/8 inch thick closed cell foam pad can be quite light and works perfect for those purposes. It can do double duty as a pad supplement and triple duty as sit mat around a fire. And its much softe...

In GEAR » Picnic blanket ideas (groundsheet)
June 06, 3:10pm

Beating a dead wind pant horse
I think a lot of your clothing system planning depends a lot on where you will be hiking. I am mostly in the southern Appalachia and have found few times when I feel wind pants are particularly us...

In Gear Lists » Beating a dead wind pant horse
June 06, 9:57am

All Reader Reviews by Ben Crocker

Ben Crocker has posted no reviews.