BPL Community Profile

Ben Crocker (alexdrewreed) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Kentucky
About Me Ben Crocker has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben Crocker

Showing 171 - 180 of 975 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...98

Forum » Thread

Whoa
The sudden drop in swimming times had nothing to do with compression causing better performance. It had to do with improved streamlining of the athletes in the water because of the fabric. Bounda...

In GEAR » Compresion Leg Sleeves... like <> no like ?
October 08, 1:27pm

Finally making the jump to a tarp/bivy set up
Sounds like a good option to me. If you want to do your due diligence, you might look at the offerings from Zpacks in cuben. Plenty of good reasons to go either direction. Good luck.

In GEAR » Finally making the jump to a tarp/bivy set up
October 07, 1:27pm

Clothing / Sleeping help for Tennessee in October
+1 on what Jake said. I would cut your extra clothing out. It weighs a lot. And avoid cotton on this trip. I would not carry that heavy tent if I planned sleeping in shelters. The AWOL book wi...

In Gear Lists » Clothing / Sleeping help for Tennessee in October
October 03, 10:00am

Site selection
I think site selection is really important regardless of whether you have a floor or not. I generally look at the debris around a site to see if it looks like water has been pooling in or flowing ...

In GEAR » Wet Weather Shelter Philosophy
October 01, 11:37am

My food and water weight conundrum...
I often carry little or no water with me. I usually research water sources. When they are frequent, there is no reason to carry much at all. I rarely carry more than 16 oz. This, of course, wil...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » My food and water weight conundrum...
September 24, 9:25am

WTB Lightweight used down sleeping bag with an en rating 0-15 women's or unisex
On pads, I would avoid open cell foam as will absorb water. Closed cell foam is warm, fairly light, multi-use and fairly rugged. An air mattress with no insulation is typically cold. If you can ...

In Gear Swap » WTB Lightweight used down sleeping bag with an en rating 0-15 women's or unisex
September 23, 2:45pm

New Sawyer 2014 MINI Filter on Sale
Wow, its hard not to own a filter now at this price. It was already a favorite and now its lighter and cheaper. What's not to love about this?

In Gear Deals » New Sawyer 2014 MINI Filter on Sale
September 19, 8:25am

A Guide to the Grayson Highlands
For "above treeline" areas in the southeast, don't miss the Roan Highlands and some of the balds of Slickrock

In Editor's Roundtable » A Guide to the Grayson Highlands
September 11, 10:42am

Panty Haiku
Very deep, Doug. I am still slowing understanding your meaning.

In GEAR » Fun at the Japanese store
September 10, 10:41am

Panty Haiku
I'm a little off on my poetry. Is that a panty haiku? I wish we had a Japanese store. That looks fun.

In GEAR » Fun at the Japanese store
September 10, 10:29am

All Reader Reviews by Ben Crocker

Ben Crocker has posted no reviews.