BPL Community Profile

Ben Crocker (alexdrewreed) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Kentucky
About Me Ben Crocker has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben Crocker

Showing 171 - 180 of 969 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...97

Forum » Thread

New Sawyer 2014 MINI Filter on Sale
Wow, its hard not to own a filter now at this price. It was already a favorite and now its lighter and cheaper. What's not to love about this?

In Gear Deals » New Sawyer 2014 MINI Filter on Sale
September 19, 8:25am

A Guide to the Grayson Highlands
For "above treeline" areas in the southeast, don't miss the Roan Highlands and some of the balds of Slickrock

In Editor's Roundtable » A Guide to the Grayson Highlands
September 11, 10:42am

Panty Haiku
Very deep, Doug. I am still slowing understanding your meaning.

In GEAR » Fun at the Japanese store
September 10, 10:41am

Panty Haiku
I'm a little off on my poetry. Is that a panty haiku? I wish we had a Japanese store. That looks fun.

In GEAR » Fun at the Japanese store
September 10, 10:29am

My (failed) attempt at a SHR section
+1 on the Diamox. The stuff seems to work for those prone to altitude sickness.

In Post-Trip Reports » My (failed) attempt at a SHR section.
September 09, 5:10pm

Don't knock it until you try it
Many people here will tell you their switch to trail runners is the best change they have made. New Balance and maybe others come in wide sizes. My wife, who is not an avid outdoorsman, switched ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Looking to shed some pack weight in a hurry
September 03, 3:18pm

Torso only pads, Yay or Nay?
If I was in the desert or Sierra, I would probably give it a try. If I used a full tent, I would probably give it a try. Full size pads are a bit heavy. But I primarily use a tarp in southern ...

In GEAR » Torso only pads, Yay or Nay?
September 03, 1:46pm

6 days backpacking in Glacier NP
Thanks for posting the great photos. I've got to go.

In Post-Trip Reports » 6 days backpacking in Glacier NP
September 03, 8:03am

Smokies
I would leave at home deer, sunscreen, and compass. You can't really get lost there. I might see you there. We are going the opposite direction over 3 nights starting the 13th. I'll be car...

In Gear Lists » Smokies in September list
August 31, 5:23pm

Ideas
I will typically just carry a head net if I expect bugs. They can't bite thru your sleeping bag unless you are using it as a quilt because of the heat.

In Gear Lists » 3-season gear list, want to lose some weight
August 30, 1:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben Crocker

Ben Crocker has posted no reviews.