BPL Community Profile

Gary Dunckel (Zia-Grill-Guy) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Boulder
About Me Gary Dunckel has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gary Dunckel

Showing 171 - 180 of 1534 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...154

Forum » Thread

Hey Dave
Dave, I have a ti foil lid that I made for a SP 600 pot that I can send you. Here's a photo: The handle is an "omega" of .062" ti rod, with a silicone tube covering. You c...

In Gear Swap » WTB: ti lid for Snow Peak 600---- a lid that fits!
December 30, 7:44am

Killer deal at REI
I wandered into REI yesterday for Day 2 of their sale. Everything was reduced to 25% of the price on Day 1. So I found a retired rental tent, an REI Base Camp 4 + print with no stated damage. Final...

In GEAR » Anyone score a killer deal at the REI Garage Sale?
December 30, 6:40am

Best Cheap Gear of 2013
I just returned from hitting day 2 of the local REI garage sale. I scored perhaps the best deal of my life--an REI Base Camp 4 tent with a footprint, for just $27 (incl. sales tax)! Today, everythi...

In GEAR » Best Cheap Gear of 2013
December 29, 2:43pm

Canister fuel
Thanks for your response, Roger. I always appreciate your learned insights. I happened to buy a JetBoil canister yesterday to try out. On the can, it says "Made in Korea." It happens that...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Stove Systems for Group Cooking Part 1: Basic Framework for Selecting A Cooking Pot and Predicting Fuel Needs
December 29, 7:33am

Re: JetBoil canister fuel composition
Roger, I'm so glad that you responded to my comment. I'm trying to figure out the best performing canister mixture that works for various ambient temperatures. For temps at/above, say +32*F...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Stove Systems for Group Cooking Part 1: Basic Framework for Selecting A Cooking Pot and Predicting Fuel Needs
December 28, 7:28pm

Re: Sawyer Mini weight check, please
Nah, Dale is awesome alright, but I'm just a dude.

In GEAR » Sawyer Mini weight check, please.
December 28, 1:11pm

Sawyer Mini weight
The dry, unused weights of my recently purchased "Amazon" Mini Filter components are as as follows: Filter 1.35 oz. (39 gm.) 16 oz "platy" bottle (not 1.0 L) .75 oz. (21 g...

In GEAR » Sawyer Mini weight check, please.
December 28, 1:04pm

Pelican Creek Valley
I forgot to mention that the Pelican valley is closed until July 15, due to bear management issues.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Yellowstone trip with an emphasis on wildlife?
December 28, 9:48am

Pelican Creek Valley
Yes, the Pelican area, then over the pass to the Lamar. One issue with this route is that you have to hike 11-12 miles fairly efficiently to get over Mist Creek Pass to the first campsites (3T3 and...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Yellowstone trip with an emphasis on wildlife?
December 28, 9:14am

JetBoil canister fuel composition
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I suppose it will do. I contacted JetBoil CS to ask about the exact proportions of the gasses in their fuel canisters, and this was her...

December 27, 9:54am

All Reader Reviews by Gary Dunckel

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
Mountain House's Pro Pack meal bags fit perfectly in the PCS cup. After adding the boiling water to the bag, stirring it up, and resealing it, you can empty the remaining water from the PCS, drop ...

In Stoves - Canister
March 18, 11:41am

Hilleberg Akto
I agree that the Akto is a very strong and high quality 4-season solo tent. But I must add an anecdote to illustrate the what I feel is the tent's main weakness. In early October of '06 we wer...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
November 28, 9:08am

Salomon Tech Amhibian
What the previous posts have neglected to mention is that the Amphib is perhaps the lightest (24 ounces/pair)"running shoe" that can be taken on a standard extended backpack trip (not fast packing) fo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
October 18, 7:45pm