BPL Community Profile

Jeffs Eleven (WoodenWizard) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Greater Mt Tabor
About Me I'm not a hiker, but I play one on TV.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeffs Eleven

Showing 171 - 180 of 1422 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...143

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: CB3
Uh oh. The encapsil belay parka scandal all over again! Maybe H will give you your money back to be quiet. Lol

In GEAR » CB3/Cloudburst 3 Initial impressions
April 27, 5:36pm

Re: centrifuge
I love my centrifuge. For backpacking. Frankly I can't understand why it isnt useable for backpacking. Maybe it was like that time Will said a >12oz rain shell was unfit for packing. HUH...

In Editor's Roundtable » Windshirts: 2012 State of the Market Report - Part 2: The Present and Future of Windshirts
April 25, 2:39pm

Re: Re: A McHale demo pack arrived today
Apparently all you have to do for money is start a kickstarter project and people throw money at you. I say recoup your monies and go full dyneema!

In GEAR » A McHale demo pack arrived today
April 23, 7:46pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Agressive tread on shoes - good enough for snow?
I hike in my TRs with double lugs in the snow with great success. In the pnw sloppy cruddy snow. Ice is ice and a different animal, but on frozen slush to fresh snow to whatever i do just fine with...

In GEAR » Agressive tread on shoes - good enough for snow?
April 22, 9:59pm

Re: Re: Flame chemistry
"Again the stoichioistic equations gloss over any intermediates" I don't know if all this is a stoichioistic equation or not, but i must be an intermediate, cause it glossed ME ove...

In Editor's Roundtable » Recent Developments in Canister Stoves
April 21, 11:32am

Re: Zpacks Twin Quilt first impressions
I'm thinking that maybe the liner is sewen on upside down Not talking about the shell, just the liner... A lot of times they will put the stitched seams on the inside of the quilt (touchi...

In GEAR » Zpacks Twin Quilt first impressions
April 20, 5:27pm

Re: Quilt
Is it supposed to be inside out to hide the stitches?

In GEAR » Zpacks Twin Quilt first impressions
April 20, 3:57pm

Re: river knife?
Don't know exactly what you mean, but kershaw makes the amphibian and benchmade makes a dive knife. Both are fairly light, can be blunt tipped, and have the strap cutter. Also for less weig...

In Packrafting » river knife?
April 19, 9:47am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Zimmerbuilt
I love mine. I wish the type of seam was seam sealable but i reckon its built for strength. I dont have a pad but the way the stays are I can put my neo between it and my back making it padde...

In GEAR » Zimmerbuilt
April 15, 10:33pm

Re: shorts
MB yer killin me! After two pages every thread is supposed to devolve into chaff! Whats all this 'on topic' discussion?!? Jk jk

In GEAR » Does Clothing Count?
April 13, 11:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeffs Eleven

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Kooka Bay Syn filled custom pad
I got a 44" X 74" X 3.5" pad. R value ~6. It meets requested specs when inflated. As soon as I got it I went and snowshoed around Crater Lake. It was and excellent addition to our...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
June 27, 8:14pm

Garmont Vetta Hike
I got these because Garmont fits better than any shoe I've tried, period. I needed a boot so I looked for the lightest boot Garmont makes The Vetta LITE. Very light for a boot (10oz per Garmont ...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 21, 5:27pm

Body Glide mini stick
Oh, Bodyglide. How I love you. I covet your silky sensation. Be mine

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
February 17, 5:13pm

Tarptent Cloudburst
My first UL tent. I like it a lot but giving to my dad in lieu of more headroom. It is pretty awesome at battening down in the rain and then being able to vent well. We got rained on pretty go...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
January 11, 5:31pm

Trail Designs Caldera Stove
This thing is awesome. There is nothing I can say that hasn't already been said, save some anecdotal story attesting the overall prowess displayed by that thar stove... Yep

In Stoves - Alcohol
January 11, 4:58pm

Six Moon Designs Traveler backpack
The Traveler is my first UL pack. Since I live near SMD I went to their shop and checked it out myself before buying. Brandon was totally helpful and willing to let me check out the pack line, since...

In Backpacks - Frameless
January 11, 4:52pm