BPL Community Profile

William Chilton (WilliamC3) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Antakya
About Me William Chilton has not added a biography yet.
CountryTurkey

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by William Chilton

Showing 171 - 180 of 391 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...40

Forum » Thread

Cone cost
If you won't be wood burning, you can get by with the aluminium cone. Trail Designs doesn't list the Fire Pot as an option so you might have to order a custom cone, which adds $15 to the co...

In Gear Deals » Fire Pot and Titanium Windscreen Kit
September 12, 9:50am

Re: nutella
In Europe, at least, Nutella is hazlenut and chocolate. In some countries, it's available in pouches like miniature Platypuses - very convenient for backpacking.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » New trail food intro: Powdered peanut butter
September 08, 6:25am

Re: 2013 inov-8 Roclite 295s Update
Good news. It's nice to see a company listening to their customers. Thanks for posting this, Ken.

In GEAR » 2013 inov-8 Roclite 295s
September 07, 6:20am

Re: My thoughts for now
Peter, regarding the extra time taken to set up the Hexamid Long. If you're looking for a shelter for solo use, I assume you would be using dedicated tent poles for the end poles. In that case,...

In GEAR » Cuben tarp/shelter for 1
September 05, 8:18am

Joining pads.
I was browsing ZPacks website this morning when I came across the pad joiners on this page I don't know how long they've been around, but I haven't seen them mentioned before.

In Make Your Own Gear » Double quilt with draft flaps
August 31, 5:25am

Re: Never mind
Kat, I, for one, regret that you decided to edit your post. As a non-American, I've been staying out of this debate, but I have lived most of my adult life outside my country of birth (never in...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Outside Mag calls an urban vancouver trail "most dangerous" top 10 hikes in the world
August 17, 12:26am

Re: PA or AM
Also in stock at Ultralight Designs. (Sorry, no time to create a link.)

In GEAR » Aquamira LIQUID drops vs. Aquamira TABLETS
August 15, 9:00am

Re: do you consider cost?
Mik, if I'm reading your post correctly, you think the Hexamid Long costs $700. It doesn't; with beak and netting, it costs $435. More than a TT Rainbow, but a long way from $700. Edited...

In GEAR » Ultralight shelter for a tall guy
August 12, 10:28am

Fleece weights
I would weigh the fleeces and then compare the weights with the published online weights of similarly designed fleeces. The weight differences are significantly different so it should work, I think.

In GEAR » How to distinguish light vs. mid-weight vs. heavy fleece?
August 10, 9:57am

Re: Hexamid Long
Jason, we prefer the Long over the Twin for two people. It gives more space for two overall, though as I said, there is a little bit less room in the center at the back, because of the vertical bac...

In GEAR » Ultralight shelter for a tall guy
August 09, 1:49am

All Reader Reviews by William Chilton

William Chilton has posted no reviews.