BPL Community Profile

William Chilton (WilliamC3) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Antakya
About Me William Chilton has not added a biography yet.
CountryTurkey

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by William Chilton

Showing 171 - 180 of 382 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...39

Forum » Thread

Re: Hexamid Long
Jason, we prefer the Long over the Twin for two people. It gives more space for two overall, though as I said, there is a little bit less room in the center at the back, because of the vertical bac...

In GEAR » Ultralight shelter for a tall guy
August 09, 1:49am

Hexamid Twin vs Long
Jason, my wife and I have both the Twin and the Long. We find no problem with two people in the Long. The vertical back wall of the Twin means there's a little more space in the center at the b...

In GEAR » Ultralight shelter for a tall guy
August 08, 8:20am

Re: good feedback
If you're using the tent solo, I don't think you really get extra headroom with the Twin over the Solo+. The extra height of the pole in the Solo+ (52" vs 48") gives you more head...

In GEAR » zpacks hexamid twin tent: entry and floor Q
July 10, 7:22am

Re: Re: Plus one
Apparently, if you live in the States, they're still available from Amazon.

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » favorite stakes
June 29, 10:18am

Re: Polycro
David, We use the cuben floor, though we have tried using polycro. We found it too slippy (for the sleeping mats). I don't know if silicon sealer or similar on the polycro could help with that.

In GEAR » Bearpaw lair vs. Zpacks hexamid
June 25, 1:20pm

Re: Hexamid netting and moisture
"I was planning on using a polycro groundsheet underneath the mesh, would this help any?" It helps, in my experience. Don't make it too big or water will run onto it. Ours is slightl...

June 25, 9:03am

Re: Bearpaw lair vs. Zpacks hexamid
"Bearpaw seems cheaper and offers more options (sewn-in 30D silnylon floor, etc.). " The Lair is only cheaper if you opt for the silnylon floor. If you get the cuben floor, it is more ex...

June 24, 2:00pm

Re: Hexamid Twin Tent in Wind Question
I have the Twin and have had it in strong (but not extreme) winds a few times. Probably the strongest was this: (Photograph taken the next morning after the wind had died down.) The wind was comi...

In GEAR » Hexamid Twin Tent in Wind Question
June 24, 12:26am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Arc blast pulling pack away from centre of gravity
"But at least it is closer to the back with no arc. Sheesh." The pack may be, but the centre of gravity isn't necessarily closer, depending on the thickness of the padding or mat in ...

In GEAR » Arc Blast vs. Blast
June 22, 2:04pm

Re: Re: Arc blast pulling pack away from centre of gravity
"no pack design can ignore physics and a bowed suspension puts the centre of gravity away from optimum." Then again, almost all other pack designs also put the centre of gravity away fro...

In GEAR » Arc Blast vs. Blast
June 22, 10:26am

All Reader Reviews by William Chilton

William Chilton has posted no reviews.