BPL Community Profile

William Chilton (WilliamC3) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Antakya
About Me William Chilton has not added a biography yet.
CountryTurkey

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by William Chilton

Showing 171 - 180 of 377 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...38

Forum » Thread

Re: Hexamid netting and moisture
"I was planning on using a polycro groundsheet underneath the mesh, would this help any?" It helps, in my experience. Don't make it too big or water will run onto it. Ours is slightl...

In GEAR » Bearpaw lair vs. Zpacks hexamid
June 25, 9:03am

Re: Bearpaw lair vs. Zpacks hexamid
"Bearpaw seems cheaper and offers more options (sewn-in 30D silnylon floor, etc.). " The Lair is only cheaper if you opt for the silnylon floor. If you get the cuben floor, it is more ex...

In GEAR » Bearpaw lair vs. Zpacks hexamid
June 24, 2:00pm

Re: Hexamid Twin Tent in Wind Question
I have the Twin and have had it in strong (but not extreme) winds a few times. Probably the strongest was this: (Photograph taken the next morning after the wind had died down.) The wind was comi...

In GEAR » Hexamid Twin Tent in Wind Question
June 24, 12:26am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Arc blast pulling pack away from centre of gravity
"But at least it is closer to the back with no arc. Sheesh." The pack may be, but the centre of gravity isn't necessarily closer, depending on the thickness of the padding or mat in ...

In GEAR » Arc Blast vs. Blast
June 22, 2:04pm

Re: Re: Arc blast pulling pack away from centre of gravity
"no pack design can ignore physics and a bowed suspension puts the centre of gravity away from optimum." Then again, almost all other pack designs also put the centre of gravity away fro...

In GEAR » Arc Blast vs. Blast
June 22, 10:26am

Re: Seam sealing Cuben fiber tarp
On the Hexamid Long I got towards the end of last year, ZPacks had sealed it on the inside, but had also sealed the outside of the peak.

In Make Your Own Gear » Seam sealing Cuben fiber tarp
June 20, 8:11am

Re: Re: What to do when encountering dogs on the trail?
Doug, I remember that thread. Some pretty extreme reactions among the others. If I could add my own spin to the question, and perhaps some of you who have owned dogs will have an answer. I often ...

In Philosophy & Technique » What to do when encountering dogs on the trail?
June 17, 10:18am

Lair cf Hexamid and price
"Plus the lair is cheap 230 ish and you could get it in cuben." The cheapest cuben Lair (i.e. grey) + cuben floor (.74 oz/sqyd, probably not heavy enough grade for a stand alone groundsh...

In GEAR » Lightest fully enclosed shelter for one - complete tent or tarp + bug net?
June 12, 1:33pm

Re: questions re: responses above
Bill, The Exo was a pack from ZPacks with an external carbon fiber frame. The discontinued it when they brought out the Arc Blast. Joe adapted mine to take the Arc Blast stays. My summer waist si...

In GEAR » Arc Blast
June 09, 7:42am

Re: Pretty please help me pick between the new Zpacks Blast or Arc
If you really can't decide on features, the Blast is $40 cheaper.

In GEAR » Pretty please help me pick between the new Zpacks Blast or Arc
June 09, 6:36am

All Reader Reviews by William Chilton

William Chilton has posted no reviews.