BPL Community Profile

Will Webster (WillWeb) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Will Webster hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Will Webster has not added a biography yet.
StatePennsylvania

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Will Webster

Showing 171 - 180 of 361 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...37

Forum » Thread

Pad
I'm pretty new to winter backpacking, but my understanding - and observation - is that at sub-freezing temperatures you need a lot more pad insulation if you're on a bare surface than if yo...

In GEAR » push 3 season bag and pad into light 4 season
June 25, 4:27pm

+1
It's a win-win for me; I'm wearing the Ecomesh shirt I got from you right now on a canoe overnight!

In Gear Swap » WTSTY
June 25, 4:24am

Re: CF
I'm perversely attracted to the idea of an uber-expensive CF sheath for a $15 Mora...

In GEAR » UL knife kit
June 24, 8:18am

Why indeed
This isn't the first time Pentax has done this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentax_Auto_110 Good news about the APS-C mirrorless. If enough companies make them maybe someone will make the...

In Photography » Pentax Q, Q is for "Quirky"
June 23, 1:37pm

Re: Calculating Backpack Weight
I'll go you one better: For many (but certainly not all) of us the cheapest most effective place to reduce weight is "skin in".

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Calculating Backpack Weight
June 23, 1:25pm

Alum
Never tried this, but I've read that a pinch of alum will make fine particles clump together (flocculate) so they drop out or can be filtered.

In Make Your Own Gear » Simple Water Scoop and Pre-Filter
June 22, 8:52pm

Camera
I understand your reluctance to replace your DSLR with a P&S, but you might consider some options: Ultralight option: > Canon S95, but it's got a small sensor so you'll be limite...

In Gear Lists » Trying this Ultralight thing...
June 20, 2:14pm

Odor
I agree about smell transfer. Theoretically it shouldn't happen if you're careful, but in my experience it does. My cozy is a bubblewrap envelope intended for shipping glass bottles, whic...

In GEAR » Does anyone NOT Use a Cozy for Freeaer Bag Cooking?
June 20, 10:42am

Re: Framesheets
"With a little modification, closed cell pads can be made into a box in a pack's body" That's what I've been doing with my Z-lite. It's cut down to torso length (6 sec...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Tip of the Week
June 17, 6:24am

Re: Re: Everclear permit?
"Do you have to pay the alcohol beverage tax on this usage?" Yeah, you sign a pledge not to drink it and then pay beverage tax. Gotta love it. It's still one of the smaller facto...

In GEAR » Safest (least toxic) fuel source for California alcohol stove
June 15, 11:02am

All Reader Reviews by Will Webster

Will Webster has posted no reviews.