BPL Community Profile

Ryan Smith (ViolentGreen) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Southeast
About Me Ryan Smith has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Smith

Showing 171 - 180 of 997 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...100

Forum » Thread

Re: best solar charger right now? march 14"
Michael, From my experience and most reports I have read on the 'net, solar chargers are underwhelming in the backcountry unless it's used in perfect conditions. Desert, open ridge walki...

In GEAR » best solar charger right now? march 14"
March 11, 4:51pm

Re: no quilting needed?
Robert- Correct. Climashield Apex doesn't need quilting for stabilization. Ryan

In Make Your Own Gear » First MYOG Synthetic Quilt
March 11, 11:46am

Re: First MYOG Synthetic Quilt
Nice! I like the foot box design, very clever. 14oz is a great weight. The narrow cut and lack of a strap system helps cut some. Sewn foot box helps too. I have a down version that is very similar ...

In Make Your Own Gear » First MYOG Synthetic Quilt
March 11, 11:44am

Re: Staika Pond
Cool, thought so. Only reason I found it was I could barely hear some frogs croaking one evening and thought - "Wait, that doesn't make sense." So I had to investigate, and there it ...

In GEAR » Hilleberg Tent Thread Part 2
March 11, 11:30am

Re: All You Got?
Tipi, Think I recognize that high mountain pond. Near Whigg Meadow? Ryan

In GEAR » Hilleberg Tent Thread Part 2
March 10, 6:56pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: still --- bible belt?
The Jimmy Swaggart Trail. LOL. I love it. Couple that with a Benny Hinn Ho-down and you've got something special on your hands. Ryan

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiking and wild camping in Europe: Legal aspects
March 10, 11:57am

Re: Wow!
Oh yeah David. There are A LOT of nerdy threads around here on all sorts of topics. Just search for your desired topic and you will find one eventually. Ryan

In Make Your Own Gear » Painting pot black
March 09, 9:29am

Re: Aluminium FOIL pot lid
Don't over think it. It's just a pot lid. (insert sarcasm) Ryan

In GEAR » Aluminium FOIL pot lid
March 04, 4:07pm

Re: Re: NC or SC fishing trip in March. Suggestions?
You could have some days in the 60's that week, just depends. Are you fishing for trout? East TN, Western NC, and North GA probably have more concentrated miles of trout water than anywhere in ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » NC or SC fishing trip in March. Suggestions?
March 02, 9:15am

Re: YAMA
I've never been in a Yama tent, but the Duplex and SoLong6 give you a ton of space for the weight. There's some expense there if in cuben of course. I think you would be very happy with eit...

In GEAR » Shelter for the Tall/Shaving weight
February 27, 4:42pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Smith

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Ohm
I've had an Ohm for about a year now and have taken it on a few trips. It's very comfortable provided that you keep it in the weight range it's designed for. When carrying 20-25 lbs it car...

In Backpacks - Frameless
September 10, 5:36pm