BPL Community Profile

Jeff Jeff (TwoFortyJeff) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Jeff Jeff hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Jeff Jeff has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeff Jeff

Showing 171 - 180 of 587 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...59

Forum » Thread

Re: Keeping Salomon XA Pro laces tight
I've used the Wings, XA Pro 3D (or whatever they call it now), and the Comp. The lace lock starts to slip near the end of the season. I just live with it. I'd be mad if I paid retail for th...

In GEAR » Keeping Salomon XA Pro laces tight
July 03, 9:18pm

Re: The Bivy
I used the ID Unishelter eVent as well and I have been happy with it. I don't think they make it any more. The Bugaboo II looks like a slightly more minimalist alternative. Big Agnes recentl...

In GEAR » The Bivy
June 13, 9:33pm

Re: Shelter for the sierras in August
I used a Seedhouse SL1 for a month long Sierra hike in June/July and it was great. I never used the fly but it gave me enough room to escape bugs. At 8000ft in August I don't recall mosquitos b...

In GEAR » Shelter for the sierras in August
May 21, 7:33pm

Integral Designs Unishelter bivy, what material?
I have an olive green ID unishelter bivy. There are no tags anywhere on the bivy that say what material it's made from. I know they had an eVent version and another made from something else. Is...

In GEAR » Integral Designs Unishelter bivy, what material?
May 12, 8:41pm

Re: Help with Water Purification (PCT Thru-Hike)
There were times where I was filling my platy half an ounce at a time from a small seep. Luckily I brought a tiny cup from some sort of food packaging to scoop up water. Aquamira worked great. One ...

In GEAR » Help with Water Purification (PCT Thru-Hike)
March 28, 10:24pm

Re: Re: Replacement for the Walmart grease pot
Good find, that is exactly what I was looking for. My current one is greatest snow melting pot I have ever used! I knew I should have bought every last one on the shelf back in 2007.

In GEAR » Replacement for the Walmart grease pot
March 25, 9:52pm

Replacement for the Walmart grease pot
It looks like Walmart and Kmart stopped carrying these a while ago. Is there a something similar out there? I always liked that it was so thin so it was about as light as a ti pot but it seems to c...

In GEAR » Replacement for the Walmart grease pot
March 25, 9:16pm

25% off and free shipping at Eddie Bauer
Code is SHARE25 Need to spend $49 or more. Not as good as some of their huge clearance deals, but the best I have seen in a while.

In Gear Deals » 25% off and free shipping at Eddie Bauer
November 12, 12:47pm

Re: Smelly trash compactor bags?
My last box of heavy duty trash compactor bags ran out in 2008. I didn't find my current ones until 2011! Almost all of the ones were too thin, the wrong size, or smelly. I certainly wasn't...

In GEAR » Smelly trash compactor bags?
November 03, 10:05pm

Re: Adding thumb loops
Any suggestions on how to finish them? Cutting the loop should be easy enough. Should I just fold the fabric back on itself and run a line of stitching along it? That doesn't seem like the best...

In Make Your Own Gear » Adding thumb loops
November 02, 7:10am

All Reader Reviews by Jeff Jeff

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Equinox 8 X 10 silnylon tarp
I bought this tarp the replace the blue walmart tarp I started out with. I was wary of the grommets at first, but I have had it staked out as tight as a drum and they haven't gotten loose at al...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
August 23, 10:38pm