Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Gene . (Tracker) - BPL Guest

My Locale New England
About Me I have backpacked since 1968, across America twice 1986 & 1990; bicycled across America 4 times, rdtrip East Coast USA; built and sailed my own sailboats from New England to SA/CA/transited Panama Canal;canoed & sea kayaked New England/Florida/Bahamas; I grew up working as an organic vegetable farmer on a dairy farm in New England. Lived in Hawaii on both Oahu & Kauai.
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gene .

Showing 171 - 180 of 203 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Re: stainless steel expresso cup
Dwight candle supply stores often sell 'travel tins' in various sizes and in steel or aluminum for a $1 or $2.

In Make Your Own Gear » Looking for small stainless steel or titanium containers
January 15, 11:45am

Re: Re: Re: ULA Amp and new SUL pack availability
Brian, Any chance you'll make a Catalyst pack without the foam back, allowing a GG Nightlight Pad insertion in it's place? I've been interested in this pack for sometime;yet want to...

In GEAR » New Golite Line NOW for sale
January 15, 11:06am

Re: Personal Brand labels?
You might contact Henry Shires of TarpTent, his labels are nice.

In Make Your Own Gear » Personal Brand labels?
January 15, 10:49am

Hawaii travel
Douglas, Great post of info, Getting Esbit in Hono' off Sand Island Road is a hassle (my old CG Stn is down off there). It's out of the way for someone not from the island. You know Butc...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » esbit in checked bags?
January 13, 8:31am

Re: Food Saver Vacuum Food Processor
Tom, I have'nt tested them with critter noses, but to mine they are odor proof! I would'nt trust that they are because food could get in the material this side of the seal, too small for yo...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Food Saver Vacuum Food Processor
January 12, 9:01pm

Re: Re: Re: Ultralight fire starter
Yup, ya' did, and I've carried some ever since i started bicycle touring back in the '70's, Inner tube works great as a fire starter, i was just offering another SUL item for those ...

In GEAR » Ultralight fire starter
January 12, 8:52pm

Re: Re: Re: HI Hiking
BD, There is something to be said for hiking up Diamondhead and watching a Sunrise. If I was on my honeymoon it's one thing i would do to start my trip there on Oahu. Next I would snorkel Hanam...

January 12, 8:41pm

Re: Re: Re: HI Hiking
BD you might know a good friend of mine on Oahu named 'Butch' then that rides a Harley, and maintains the Pupekea area Hawaiian Temple? I felt i had to post what most people from the Mai...

January 12, 7:55pm

Re: Kauai trail recommendations
Tim, This was the view directly from my own backyard when I lived on Kauai. My avatar is tiny, but it's a glimpse into the type of photos I could put up if someone helps me figure out how to pu...

January 12, 7:39pm

Re: HI Hiking
Tim & Joseph, I want to make a few comments here publicly; then I will be more than willing to help you both out privately as to your individual trips. There are few places left in Hawai...

January 12, 3:48pm

All Reader Reviews by Gene .

Gene . has posted no reviews.