Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tjaard Breeuwer (Tjaard) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Minnesota, USA
About Me I like to get out and camp, but I don't like a heavy pack on my back. I love hiking, mtb-packing, xc skiing and ice skate touring.
CityDuluth
StateMN
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tjaard Breeuwer

Showing 171 - 180 of 376 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...38

Forum » Thread

Poor writing skills
The Ghost whisperer is a great looking jacket, but pretty similar to my current MB UL Down (2 oz down), I meant I wanted a jacket that had about 3 extra ounces of down, but only weighed about 5 oun...

In Gear Lists » Badlands gearlist, help wanted
September 23, 9:39pm

Tent and warmth
I ordered a non-mesh inner tent from Bearpaw Wilderness Designs. I am guessing(hoping) that it will be around 16 oz. This adds about 14 oz instead of the groundsheet. I tried out my quilt the othe...

In Gear Lists » Badlands gearlist, help wanted
September 23, 9:20am

No shell?
I don't see any shells or insulation layer. No rain jacket? No windshirt? If it's cool enough for a hat, you will need something more than a basebaselayer on top at least. No stove? S...

In Gear Lists » Help me out. I feel like I'm missing something.
September 23, 8:24am

MEC Light Degree hoodie
MEC Light Degree Hoodie: 6.5 oz of down, but only 800fp, for total weight of 15 oz, giving a 43% down ratio. If you adjust for the difference in fillpower, it's still over 40%. The hood lo...

In Editor's Roundtable » Down Jacket Shoot-out: GoLite Bitterroot vs. Rab Infinity
September 23, 7:44am

Bearpaw WD
I ordered a Cuben floor, 1.1 ripstop nylon body inner tent for my Hex3. This is specifically because I already have the Hex and it is my foul weather shelter, so I am taking it to North Dakota n...

In GEAR » Who makes a non-mesh inner for mid's/tipis?
September 21, 1:20pm

I am ordering one from Bearpaw
We will see how it turns out.

In GEAR » Who makes a non-mesh inner for mid's/tipis?
September 20, 10:03pm

which season?
Don't you think you should split your 3 season list into 2 or 3: Spring: lot's of deep wet snow on most trails, long days, cool temps Summer: little snow cover, hot temps, thunderstorms ...

In Gear Lists » New to UL -- Rocky Mtn, 3 season kit
September 20, 9:56pm

Survival gear
I always thought the survival kits were for non-backpacking situations. In your backpacking gear you already have much of this stuff: Nix the Thrash bag, you have a plastic pack liner right? Ni...

In Gear Lists » New to UL -- Rocky Mtn, 3 season kit
September 20, 9:50pm

Pack and other stuff
RE Packs: Get a new pack last. If you haven't finalized your gear yet, how do you know how big and how supportive a pack you need? Also, most lightweight packs are (a lot) less supportive f...

In GEAR » Trying to get down to 20lb pack need advice.
September 20, 2:29pm

Ski pole
XC ski poles are light and stiff. They don't adjust of course. You can fine tune a bit by angling the pole. And you could make an extension to use it with different shelters or perimeter up/dow...

In GEAR » Pole for a pyramid shelter
September 20, 1:40pm

All Reader Reviews by Tjaard Breeuwer

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Goosefeet gear Custom down parka
This review is for a custom down parka from Goosefeet gear. Par...</td>          
           <td class=

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
April 14, 10:24am

Enlightened Equipment Revelation X
Quality: The sewing is very neatly done, I have not looked super close at the fabric but from a casual glance I don't see any blemishes. Nice soft hand. Fit: I have a 6'6&qu...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
September 17, 12:30pm

Golite Hex 3
I was surprised to see we fit comfortably with our family of 4, while using the nest. By hanging it from a line between two trees, we have room for a double bag in the center and no pole to be knocke...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
April 06, 9:33pm

L.L. Bean Ultralight 850 Down Jacket
I returned the L tall I had ordered, as the sleeves were too short. I ended up with a Montbell in XL which had longer sleeves and was no more baggy than the L tall LL Bean.

March 08, 9:26pm

Montbell Down inner pants
As mentioned these are a nice and light pair of warm pants. Sorry for the exclamation marks but I have never found stock pants like this! The great news with these is that they fit very slim for...

March 02, 11:36am

mont-bell Thermawrap Parka & Pants
I got the womens size S for my daughter, who wears size 6(yr old) kids clothes normally. The lightest hooded kids parka I could find was the Marmot Amadablam. This is lighter, longer in the waist ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
February 20, 9:08pm

02 Rainwear Rain Suit
The design is poor, with a crummy hood that doesn't cover my chin and no bill, short sleeves and body, wide opening at the waist and no articulation anywhere. Wimpy rainflap over a very porous zip...

In Clothing - Raingear
February 16, 8:48pm

Cioch Direct /Paramo custom
I have a Cioch Direct Glamaigh and can only echo the previous comments: It is as breathable as an uncoated windshell,but the liner makes it as warm as a windshell with light fleece underneath. So ...

In Clothing - Raingear
February 15, 9:04am