Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ken K (TheFatBoy) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale St. Louis
About Me Ken K has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken K

Showing 171 - 180 of 424 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...43

Forum » Thread

Anyone else still waiting
Has anyone else NOT received their stove? I ordered four and I'm starting to get a little nervous... I expected the stoves last week. I leave for a road trip on Friday and won't be here ...

In Gear Deals » 153gms (5.4oz) world's lightest remote canister stove $35
June 22, 10:55pm

Cotton bandana
That sponge would be somewhat limited in it's use. I use a cotton bandana.

In GEAR » Travel Sponge
June 22, 11:23am

Re: Heavily revised JMT gear list
Stash the car key somewhere on the car to save half an ounce. See if your bank has a mini-debit card to save 3 grams (downside is that it doesn't work in ATMs, but works fine at retail establi...

In Gear Lists » Heavily revised JMT gear list
June 21, 9:53pm

Don't put it in your pocket.
That may be an over-simplification, but in all seriousness, I carry mine on a lanyard on my neck most of the time. Of the 20 or so times I have carried it in my pocket, I've never had it come ...

In GEAR » Need a tip - Photon X-Micro LED Light
June 20, 11:03pm

D'oh!
D'oh! Of all the days to have to sit through a dance recital! Did you have to sign for it? The postman was just half a block away when I left the house. Now I'm going to be wondering ...

June 18, 4:11pm

Permethrin
I hike in permethrin treated clothes (including hat and socks, but not underwear), hit the forearms, calves, and neck with deet, and wash it all off at the end of the day before hitting the sack. S...

In GEAR » Well I'll be dipped in DEET!
June 17, 5:58pm

Re: Nope
Huzefa us supposed to be on a trek until the 20th of June. All the stoves were supposed to go out on the 30th of May. I don't know if he was sending them personally or arranging for them to be ...

June 17, 4:24pm

Re: Re: ...
None here. Not ready to panic yet, but I really want my new toy!

June 16, 12:18am

Traveler - Numbers with a CCF?
The SMD Traveler is intended to be used with a CCF pad stuffed in the back panel. I'm assuming the volume & compression ratio numbers above were determined/calculated without the pad. How...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Frameless Backpacks State of the Market Report 2011
Part 2A – Technical Evaluation – Measurement of Pack Volume and Volume Reduction Capability

June 15, 2:52pm

Re: why seam seal?
>> why would you use seam seal on the bottom? Silicone seam sealer lightly drizzled or beaded on the bottom of the pad acts as non-slip traction to keep your pad from sliding off your gro...

In GEAR » Anybody own the New Exped Synmat UL7?
June 15, 1:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Ken K

Ken K has posted no reviews.