BPL Community Profile

steven franchuk (Surf) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale steven franchuk hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me steven franchuk has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by steven franchuk

Showing 171 - 180 of 357 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...36

Forum » Thread

Re: Water treatment
"Inline filters seem a bit unwieldy" Unweldy in what way. I started using a inline filter last year and haven't had any issues with it. Simply remove the bladder cap (which has t...

In GEAR » Water treatment
April 07, 11:48am

Re: eVent
"I have an REI Kimtah eVent parka. No pit zips but it doesn't seem to need them." That has been my experience with a WestComb event jacket I got last year. ON my old gortex jacke...

In GEAR » Searching for a WPB Jacket
April 03, 7:26pm

Re: Re: All single AA LED Flashlights are regulated
"Regulated output regardless of batteries is a must, I wasn't aware that all AA lights were regulated, but I am aware that most AAA headlamps are not." Another thing about LEDs is ...

In GEAR » Light Geeks: Best (High End) Regulated Headlamp
March 31, 1:46pm

All single AA LED Flashlights are regulated
All white LEDs need about 3 volts to function. The AA battery puts out 1.5 volts. In order to get the AA valtage to the 3 volts requires a DC to DC converter is required. All DC to DC converters...

In GEAR » Light Geeks: Best (High End) Regulated Headlamp
March 31, 10:29am

Re: LifeStraw Filter - User Experience?
I don't have it but I see several issues. 1. It does not have a fitting on the input side. There isn't any easy way to connect a a hydration bladder tube to it. 2. The other en...

In GEAR » LifeStraw Filter - User Experience?
March 28, 9:39pm

better sellection at mcmaster. com
If you want to try stainless steal mcmaster has a much better sellection than amazon.com http://www.mcmaster.com/#stainless-steel-foil/=m2x1wq

In Make Your Own Gear » Pot Support Windscreen: Why Ti Foil over SS Shim Stock?
March 28, 6:11pm

Try renting instead of re-sale
You can rent a bearikade canister directly from the Bearikade web site.

In GEAR » Bearikades
March 28, 12:41pm

Re: Bearikades
I have the Bearikade Scout and my brother has the Weekender. I have used the Bearikade, Bearvault, and Garcia canisters. All are waterproof when placed on the ground upside down. The Bearvault is...

In GEAR » Bearikades
March 27, 7:42pm

Re: Warm downjacket for the "waiting time" (photographer)
in cool conditions don't forget your legs. The worlds best insulated jacket won't do you any good if you don't insulateo your legs with fleece or down pants. Long underwear is also ve...

In GEAR » Warm downjacket for the "waiting time" (photographer)
March 26, 9:27pm

Re: Skin Cancer Scare
When I go hiking I wear nylon shirt, long pants (that can be converted to shorts), and a hat to protect the front, sides of my head. The hat rim is also wider on the back side so that it does a de...

In GEAR » Skin Cancer Scare
March 26, 9:15pm

All Reader Reviews by steven franchuk

steven franchuk has posted no reviews.