BPL Community Profile

steven franchuk (Surf) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale steven franchuk hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me steven franchuk has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by steven franchuk

Showing 171 - 180 of 388 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...39

Forum » Thread

Re: Easiest shelter to set up... with one arm?
"BTW, I used my right hand because I thought that if you only have one hand that will be the one you favor." I am left handed and in my experience it is the left arm or hand that gets ...

In GEAR » Easiest shelter to set up... with one arm?
May 14, 6:42pm

Re: Re: Bearikades
"Btw, I noticed the Scout isn't on the approved container list. Is that an oversight?" Probably, The scout is the newest one in the bearikade lineup. I recently aquired one and wh...

In GEAR » Bearikades
May 14, 6:28pm

Re: .Critter cans
If you goal is just to keep critters out of your food go to the hardware store and my a piece of PVC pipe. buy the largets diameter you can find. Then buy two endcaps. Using PVC glue glue one e...

In Make Your Own Gear » Bearvault size reduction
May 11, 6:15pm

Re: Rainshell question to our UK based BPL'ers: PacLite vs GoreTex
PacLite is the name for one of the first 2.5 layer goreTex fabrics. ACR is a newer version of Gortex with improved breathability over Packlite. Both are waterproof. The real question is which on...

In GEAR » Rainshell question to our UK based BPL'ers: PacLite vs GoreTex
May 11, 5:48pm

Re: Bearvault size reduction
Now you have made it small enough that a bear might be able to pick it up with his mouth. the bear now can pick it up, walk a mile, and then start working at it. Will the glue hold up to the bear...

In Make Your Own Gear » Bearvault size reduction
May 11, 1:31pm

Hard water and backflushing.
"I talked to the Sawyer people. They recommended flushing and back flushing with hot water and/or vinegar." Hot water and or vinegar are frequent;y used to dissolve hard water deposits...

In GEAR » Sawyer Squeeze Filter Bag Failure
May 11, 12:06pm

Re: First compass
A button compass basically just tells you which way is north and nothing else. With a proper compass you taking readings from known mountains in the distance and then transfer that to your mape an...

In GEAR » First compass
May 09, 6:47pm

A lot of choices
If you just want to know the temperature at one point in time a zipper pull thermometer like the REI one mentioned above work well and there are a lot of companies making them. If you want the...

In GEAR » Is there a reliable backpackign thermometer out there?
May 09, 12:53am

Re: 5 oz Hardshell?
It's easy to make a waterproof jacket that weighs less than 7 oz. However it is very hard to make one that waterproof and breathable and lightweight. The lightest Event rain jackets come in a...

In GEAR » 5 oz Hardshell?
May 07, 12:22am

Re: Thinking about buying moccasins as a camp / small stream shoe?
Check out Zemgear: http://www.zemgear.com/collections/360-runners-series/ My brother purchased a pare for cam shoes and he likes them. I tried a par for just walking around town and found I ...

In GEAR » Thinking about buying moccasins as a camp / small stream shoe?
May 06, 3:52pm

All Reader Reviews by steven franchuk

steven franchuk has posted no reviews.