BPL Community Profile

Chad Poindexter (Stick) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wet & Humid Southeast....
About Me I have been backpacking a little over 3 years now, but in that time I have logged a number of trail miles and went through a lot of gear trying to find my sweet spot. Now, thanks to cuben fiber, alcohol stoves, down and of course a better understanding, my TPW has severly dropped! My cold weather BPW is 9 - 10 lbs and my warm weather BPW is 5 - 6 lbs.
About 95% of the time I hike with family or friends and in the SouthEastern states. My favorites places to get away are anywhere along the AT as well as in the Great Smoky Mountains.
CityCorinth
StateMS
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://stick13.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListGear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad Poindexter

Showing 171 - 180 of 513 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...52

Forum » Thread

Re: White Box or Caldera sysytem?
If you know which particular pot you have you can see if they have a Cone that matches it at Trail Designs. If so, this would be a great system for sure for cooking. However, if you are unsure a...

In GEAR » White Box or Caldera sysytem?
December 30, 3:24pm

Re: that's cool!!
If you are concerned about the number of parts, you could easily do away with the Esbit stove and the pot stand and pick up one of Smokeeater908's rollover stoves. It is an alky stove and weigh...

In GEAR » does anyone use lighter gear than Ti for cooking gear?
December 30, 10:50am

My take on 10D and final weights
I have had some experience with 10D. I picked up a few yards of the Kelley Green from Ti Goat a while back to make a quilt (although, I never made the quilt). I had a Prodigy quilt from Enlightened...

In GEAR » Using 10D inside & out on sleeping bags: Changes to lofting speed & ease of stuffing? Odd feeling material?
December 30, 10:00am

My "SUL" set-up = 2.9 oz (for everything)
Last year I put together an "SUL" cook kit, or rather my entire kitchen set-up. The total weight of everything (pot, lid, stove, pot stand, windscreen, ground protector, cup, spoon, light...

In GEAR » does anyone use lighter gear than Ti for cooking gear?
December 29, 10:07pm

backcountry.com 700 ml pot
I have the Backcountry.com 700 ml ti pot (which is just under the 3 cup capacity you listed). I removed the handles and ditched the lid on the pot and then supplemented it with an aluminum baking s...

In GEAR » lightest 3 cup Ti pot with Lid
December 29, 5:17pm

Depends on your need
I actually have both. I initially wanted the nonstick, but at the time, due to the tsunami I had to take what I could get before everything was gone, so I ended up with the nonstick. Then, a few mo...

In GEAR » Evernew 900 pot nonstick or plain
December 29, 5:10pm

Toaks from LiteTrail
The ti pot that Jhaura sells from LiteTrail are made by Toaks, but are not the same as the items on their site. Here is a comment that Jhaura made a while back in another thread discussing these: ...

In Gear Deals » new source for titanium pots/cups
December 23, 3:17pm

Re: new source for titanium pots/cups
I accidentally picked up the 375 ml Toaks cup a while back (I meant to hit "add to wishlist" but instead I hit "Buy with 1-Click"... I realized it a few hours later when I got t...

In Gear Deals » new source for titanium pots/cups
December 23, 1:35pm

My system & a question
I generally carry 2, 20 oz Gatorade bottles, one on each shoulder strap. (I used to carry just one 32 oz Gatorade bottle, but as my pack weight got lighter, I noticed how uneven the weight was with...

In GEAR » Water container system breakdown
December 23, 8:43am

Re: Doubling pads
I agree with Konrad, I don't see why you couldn't. The only thing I would be concerned about though would be keeping the air pads stacked on top of each other throughout the night... In ...

In GEAR » Winter hike: using 2 sleeping pads together, good idea?
December 23, 8:21am

All Reader Reviews by Chad Poindexter

Chad Poindexter has posted no reviews.