BPL Community Profile

Chad Poindexter (Stick) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wet & Humid Southeast....
About Me I have been backpacking a little over 3 years now, but in that time I have logged a number of trail miles and went through a lot of gear trying to find my sweet spot. Now, thanks to cuben fiber, alcohol stoves, down and of course a better understanding, my TPW has severly dropped! My cold weather BPW is 9 - 10 lbs and my warm weather BPW is 5 - 6 lbs.
About 95% of the time I hike with family or friends and in the SouthEastern states. My favorites places to get away are anywhere along the AT as well as in the Great Smoky Mountains.
CityCorinth
StateMS
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://stick13.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListGear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad Poindexter

Showing 171 - 180 of 596 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...60

Forum » Thread

Re: Zebralight H50* vs Xtar H1
All I can say is that I love my ZLH51 and wouldn't trade it. It's a great light and I am happy to have spent the $$ on it.

In GEAR » Zebralight H50* vs Xtar H1
July 06, 6:56pm

Re: Hexamid question: lines and line-locs
For me here in the SE, I have been fine just using the precut lines without needing LineLocs. That doesn't mean that I have been able to place each stake on the first try either... there has be...

In GEAR » Hexamid question: lines and line-locs
July 05, 1:10pm

Re: Yama Mountain Gear
So, were those your pictures I saw on FB? As far as the tents, I was probably one of the first to get one when they were made available to the public. I agree with your thoughts, Gen has done an...

In GEAR » Yama Mountain Gear
July 05, 1:04pm

Re: FS: GoLite Pinnacle Pack - Mens, Medium - barely used $80 shipped
I am asking for a friend... What size waist would you say the medium would fit? Also, do you remember the torso size on the medium? Thanks

In Gear Swap » FS: GoLite Pinnacle Pack - Mens, Medium - barely used $80 shipped
June 23, 9:03pm

Didn't work for me...
After reading this I decided to clean up and reorganize my own gear...in hopes of uncovering my own hidden treasure. In the end though, all I found was some cut up pieces of shock cord, scraps of t...

In GEAR » Cool gear find - in my own house!
June 23, 12:52pm

Re: Granite Gear uberlight bags?
I have been using the GG Uberlight 10L bag as my food bag for a while now. I line the inside with the LiteTrail NyloBarrier bags, for a total weight of 0.9 oz. For trips 3 days or less, this has be...

In GEAR » Which bear bagging bag + bag liner?
June 19, 2:52pm

Re: Re: LiteTrail NyloBarrier Pack Liner
Here are the listed specs of the LiteTrail pack liner: Specifications Weight: 1.0 oz (28.4 g) Size: 20 wide X 36" tall (12.7" diameter as cylinder) Tolerance: +/- 1/4" wide, ...

In GEAR » Which pack liner bag?
June 18, 6:46pm

GloWire slipping in Lineloc3's
I have never experienced the GloWire slipping in the LineLoc3's, although I have read about others saying they have. Due to this, if the weather is bad and I will be expecting high winds, I can...

In GEAR » Guyline options
June 18, 6:15pm

Re: Escape Pod Cooler - unscientific test
Doug, thanks for sharing your results. These look pretty interesting, but I don't have one yet. I have some of the the Outsaks that they make though and they have all been quality items. As wel...

In GEAR » Escape Pod Cooler - unscientific test
June 18, 6:12pm

LiteTrail NyloBarrier Pack Liner
I have been using the LiteTrail NyloBarrier pack liners for quite a while now and have been happy with them. As others, they are 2 for $5, however, as of now they are on backorder until 6/25/13 (es...

In GEAR » Which pack liner bag?
June 18, 6:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Chad Poindexter

Chad Poindexter has posted no reviews.