BPL Community Profile

Walter Carrington (Snowleopard) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Mass.
About Me Walter Carrington has not added a biography yet.
CityAshburnham
StateMA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Walter Carrington

Showing 171 - 180 of 565 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...57

Forum » Thread

SE Winter Insulation: hands.
"Synthetic/Down mittens" A good combination is a goretex/event shell plus layers: thin polypro liner gloves plus one or two thin fleece or ragg wool mittens with shell over it all (when...

In Gear Lists » SE Winter Insulation
November 18, 10:48am

SE Winter.
You'll be using both the golite quilt and the MYOG quilt? Just one and you'll freeze. Don't forget a sleeping pad (preferably two if it gets cold). I haven't been there in wint...

In Gear Lists » SE Winter Insulation
November 17, 1:21pm

Nano Puff or Micro Puff.
I have the nanopuff pullover (no hood) and an older version of the Micropuff jacket with hood (might be somewhat different from current version but it weighs about the same). I find the micropuff ...

In GEAR » Nano Puff or Micro Puff?
November 16, 1:51pm

Torso insulation.
"the combo would be equivalent to the Alpine light for the Torso" They look right for the torso, but the vest doesn't cover the arms. You might need to include an analysis of the a...

In GEAR » Check my math: MB Down vest + Parka > MB Alpine Light
November 09, 9:30am

Light Synthetic Insulated Jacket
Patagonia nanopuff, thermawrap, or thru-hiker's Kinsman Pullover kit (ask about adding a hood to it): http://thru-hiker.com/kits/ I recently got a nanopuff pullover on sale; I like it but d...

In Gear Swap » WTB Light Synthetic Insulated Jacket
November 05, 2:13pm

Dryer.
"Another concern is moisture accumulation in the bag. Here's a story told by Will Steger about his Arctic Polar Expedition. The Artic climate is relatively humid (as humid as real cold wea...

In Winter Hiking » --25c: Pad + Bag + Tarp OK?
November 03, 7:51am

Mittens.
I'd add a couple pair of light wool or fleece mittens or gloves; they'll get wet in the snow. Your down mittens will probably be too warm while you're moving. A waterproof shell mitt...

In GEAR » critique winter clothes gear list
October 31, 2:26pm

Cheap windbreakers.
The driducks jacket makes an OK windshirt with a little modification -- it's loose fitting, so some elastic at wrists and waist to keep the wind out(or rubber bands around your wrists and a st...

In GEAR » Windshirts and Hoodies That Won't Break the Bank
October 31, 9:21am

Dri Ducks
A cheap rain suit that works is Dri Ducks: http://www.froggtoggs.com/?outerwear/driducks get the ultralite suit. The main downside is that they are fragile. If you're careful and hike on ...

In GEAR » Windshirts and Hoodies That Won't Break the Bank
October 30, 4:56pm

Hot tent camping.
This website has a lot of info on hot tent camping (using a wood stove in a tent). http://wintertrekking.com/equipment/hot-tenting/ Sadly, their website was hacked and they lost a lot of info on...

In GEAR » wood stove inside a pyramid tent
October 30, 2:28pm

All Reader Reviews by Walter Carrington

Walter Carrington has posted no reviews.