BPL Community Profile

Pamela Wyant (RiverRunner) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Pamela Wyant hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Pamela Wyant has not added a biography yet.
StateWest Virginia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Pamela Wyant

Showing 171 - 180 of 321 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...33

Forum » Thread

You rock!
P.M. send on the kids capilene top.

In Gear Swap » FREE Smartwool, Icebreaker & Patagonia Baselayers
June 15, 2:22am

Seems like
It is a little narrow for a hammocking pad, where you want the pad to wrap up around the sides. I believe it would be better for ground sleeping.

In Gear Swap » FS: Gossamer Gear Thinlight Pad
June 14, 12:25am

Earth tones please
Good suggestions from everyone on fit. Choosing hipbelt sizes and even shoulder widths would be good, since not all of us ladies who backpack are slim. As far as color, put me down for earth to...

In GEAR » Light Pack for Women
June 07, 7:37pm

Looks like the old ones are also available
It looks like the older model is still available too. The one thing I dislike about Frogg Toggs is having the fuzzy side on the outside. It tends to hold water, and to pill some.

In GEAR » New DriDucks DD1026
June 07, 6:18pm

Zip-locks
I just use the tiny zip-lock bags available in the craft department and label them with a permanent marker, roll them over themselves and store the pills in the larger Zip-lock with my first aid it...

In GEAR » Pills
June 06, 10:41pm

Quilt for me
I like a quilt and hat. I had mine made longer than I needed simply so I could pull it over my head and/or arms. It's really nice used in conjunction with an insulated hooded jacket and pants...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Stomach Sleepers?
June 06, 10:29pm

Sleeping clothes for me
I always bring something clean to sleep in. I hike in pants & believe me in the muddy area I normally hike in, by the end of the day the pants aren't something I want under my sleeping qui...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sleeping in Hiking Clothes
June 06, 10:21pm

Both of you will
need something to keep your head warm, temperature appropriate. Spring and fall around Virginia, a fleece cap is probably enough. Colder weather warrants warmer head gear.

In GEAR » Newbie needs advice on quilt vs bag
May 18, 9:42pm

Re: Need some help building a Arc Alpinist
If you call Nunatak, Tom will be happy to discuss what fabric will best suit your intended use. He's a great guy to work with.

In GEAR » Need some help building a Arc Alpinist
May 16, 8:49pm

These days
I find myself wanting to cut back on the stuff I own too. I thought it was my age, but maybe it is just the modern world that overwhelms us from every corner. The mail we get is horrendous, impor...

In Editor's Roundtable » Affluenza: Fact-Heavy Book Carries a Lightweight Message
April 02, 2:28am

All Reader Reviews by Pamela Wyant

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Photon Freedom Micro (White)
Santa brought me one of these for Christmas, and it has quickly become my favorite light. For it's weight it's amazingly bright. I used it to night hike a half mile or so last weekend. Th...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
February 05, 1:35am