BPL Community Profile

Richard Fischel (RICKO) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Richard Fischel hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Richard Fischel has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Fischel

Showing 171 - 180 of 526 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...53

Forum » Thread

also bicycle inspired
lighter than an r1 - look at the bontrager b3 hooded baselayer: http://bontrager.com/model/11005 everything but the pocket. good to cross-pollinate with cycle gear.

In GEAR » Help me find my perfect baselayer
February 19, 2:03pm

venting heat is easy
first there's the front zipper, works just like a thermostat; second is the hood, on or off makes a big difference in how warm you feel; and third are the sleeves, unless you have forearms lik...

In GEAR » Logic Check: Windshirt
February 19, 7:52am

for a technical fleece look at the wild things wind pro hoody
i think it hits all your highlights and with their current sale it would be close to your $100 price point. i havn't tried the top, but the spec's look good. other than a power stretch ho...

In GEAR » Can't find a good fleece!
February 18, 5:34pm

ditching your hard shell for a windshirt
unless the weather calls for heavy prolonged rain i don't take my hard shell. even if it rains hard i may get damp, but i'm not going to get wet. if the weather truly looks sh!ty I may jus...

In GEAR » Logic Check: Windshirt
February 18, 3:44pm

funny and accurate satire
could have been half as long.

In GEAR » Which cannonballs should I be looking at?
February 18, 10:40am

you may want to look at soft shell ski pants
i've noticed a trend in climbing soft shell pants over the last couple of years that the cut is getting more like jeans and the waists are getting lower. that may work for some, but not for all...

In GEAR » Cannot find the right softshell pants, help!
February 17, 9:52pm

integral desigs event overbag
i've been pretty satisfied with mine in similar situations to which you describe. i haven't had a situation where my sleeping bag has had any indication of wetting out from internal condens...

In GEAR » Breathable Bivvy - Alpine Conditions and Down Bag
February 08, 7:38pm

Whichever pair of snowshoes you pick
Look to buy them used. Lots (ok, maybe not lots) of people buy them, use them once or twice and then they gather dust until they put them up on ebay at a significant discount. there’s not a lot...

In GEAR » help with snowshoes
February 06, 5:49pm

black diamond light house
palace for one and if needed for two not so bad, especially if you have the optional vestibule.

In GEAR » Your fav solo winter backpacking tent?
February 01, 4:13pm

hardshell pants are so last century (i know, bold statement)
people used hardshell pants in the past because there were no good alternative. you wanted to stay warm and dry and that's not a bad thing; but for many, if not most situations hardshell pants ...

In GEAR » Hardshell pants, dual purpose, logic check
January 30, 7:36pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Fischel

Richard Fischel has posted no reviews.