BPL Community Profile

Cesar Valdez (PrimeZombie) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Scandinavia
About Me Mexican-American expat living in Sweden. Check out my blog to know more about me, lots of trip reports, gear lists, pretty pictures, etc. :)
CountrySweden
My Website URLhttp://cesarandthewoods.blogspot.com/
My PDF Gear ListCesar's 3 Season 2014

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Cesar Valdez

Showing 171 - 180 of 444 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...45

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Question for Jennifer
Thanks for your input, and so quick too :) Yeah, I am happy with it, but I always want critical feedback just in case--especially from an expert. It's a bit tricky to explain the concrete b...

In Philosophy & Technique » Strength training to lighten the load
February 28, 2:47pm

Question for Jennifer
Jennifer, since you are an expert (or very good at pretending to be one), I was wondering if I could pick your brain as far as my workout routine (posted early in this thread) is concerned? What d...

February 28, 2:12pm

Re: Re: Re: Weight training
David, you bring up a good point about costs. My two kettlebells cost about 150USD total, and my jumprope is the same 10 dollar jumprope I have had since I was a boxer about a decade ago. My home...

February 27, 3:14pm

Re: Good workout, Cesar
Thanks Rob. I actually gave a lot of thought and planning into this routine. I am a grad student, and get a student discount at a gym close to my house. I generally hate gyms, but put up with go...

February 27, 3:04pm

Re: Cuben is awesome
I agree on the awesomeness of Cuben. I have had my hybrid Cuben Zpacks Zero backpack for almost a year now, and have taken it on many trips, a significant amount of the trips having bushwhacking i...

In GEAR » Can any cuben fiber gear be considered bomber?
February 26, 12:26pm

Here is what I do...
...and I have had good results. My goal is functional strength and cardio for not just backpacking, but playing with my two small boys, have more energy, be healthier in general, etc. Stretchin...

February 26, 11:50am

My typical 3 season overnight gear list circa 1997
A combination of both stupid heavy and stupid light, but I have to admit a lot of times it was stupid fun. Backpack - US army ALICE pack, sans metal frame (this thing was hell on my shoulders an...

In GEAR » Examples of "Stupid Heavy"
February 22, 7:50am

Re: Re: Re: Modern times.
"Like in the book "Into The Wild". The main character did quite well, even though it ended badly. Even with him, he ate some wild beans that had some bad effect that prevented him fr...

In Pre-Trip Planning » The begining of the rest of my life.
February 17, 11:37am

Re: Zpacks Hexamid --polycro bathtub floor?
Aaron, Have you considered just going for the tarp Hex rather than the tent? Personally, I would not want to own a shelter with a net floor for several reasons. I own a Hex solo tarp and it is...

In GEAR » Zpacks Hexamid --polycro bathtub floor?
February 17, 7:27am

Re: Re: Adding foot box vent to a bivy
"Bivy makers seem to run the nonbreathable fabric bottoms too high up the footbox end. I would consider either altering the fabric of the foot box or cutting a slit across the footbox, adding ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Adding foot box vent to a bivy
February 17, 5:13am

All Reader Reviews by Cesar Valdez

Cesar Valdez has posted no reviews.