BPL Community Profile

john Tier (Peter_pan) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Co-Owner Jacks 'R' Better, LLC, VA
About Me Co-Owner of Jacks 'R' Better LLC
Citywilliamsburg
StateVA
My Website URLhttp://www.jacksrbetter.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by john Tier

Showing 171 - 180 of 250 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thoughts on JRB Stealth Quilt layered w/ WM Highlite
Jim you will not need the down jacket for the 32* range you are seeking... Base layer, incl socks and balaclava and a No Sniveller is easy 32 for most folk, especially on the ground.... If you want...

In GEAR » Thoughts on JRB Stealth Quilt layered w/ WM Highlite
March 14, 9:02pm

Re: Insulation System Options
Why not option three Same montbell Jacket and pants and a No Sniveller quilt...Initially, it is 3 oz heavier but $110 less expensive.... Pay off is that once it warms enough to send the Montb...

In GEAR » Insulation System Options
March 04, 3:15pm

Re: Re: New Pack from Gossamer Gear?
Grant, I'm currently heading down the high speed trail to the Keys...will be a couple of weeks till I get arround to posting pics... you better go first... Working on the proto types of ...

In GEAR » New Pack from Gossamer Gear?
February 15, 6:41am

Re: Re: New Pack from Gossamer Gear?
PJ, et al, For several years now most reference to UL that I've noted begins at 12 lbs base.... otherwise a standard is nice to have.... There was discussion for a while of arriving at S...

February 14, 6:46am

Re: New Pack from Gossamer Gear?
Stephen, If you are talking about the Maraposa Light coming out....It is a super pack... Basically the same as the Maraposa but slimmed down to 5.5 inches of depth...It does come in at about 16-...

February 14, 6:36am

Fish on a stick
Get a small bed of coals... form them onto a ring get a stick ...poke it in the ground in the cleared center of the ring... open fish mouth place gutted fish's mouth over the stick until lips...

In Fishing » Cooking Fish - Ultralight Style
January 07, 6:19pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: GG ThinLight R-value/ quilts
Doug, Figure the assembled girth at 64 inces... so you it should fit nicely for you... The mod to your No Sniveller will add right at 1 oz; and the omni tape on the pad is a net plus of about 0...

In GEAR » GG ThinLight R-value
December 29, 7:20pm

Re: Re: GG ThinLight R-value/ quilts
Doug, If like these GG pads and if you want to push your quilt lower and eliminate any drafts check out the Down to Earth Pad Converter in the Spotlites. Pan

In GEAR » GG ThinLight R-value
December 29, 4:32pm

Re: Lightest quilt/top bag?
It is not the pure lightest...but the JRB Stealth quilt at sub 15 ounces and being a wearable insulation layer you can save weight on a total basis. Find it here http://216.83.168.206/index_files/...

In GEAR » Lightest quilt/top bag?
December 18, 6:57am

Re: Re: UltralightCold Weather Hammock Pad Idea
"The fact that it doesn't "breathe" is not an issue - i.e. no condensation problems here... IF you're using it only as a bottom layer. I have yet to hear of anyone complainin...

In Make Your Own Gear » UltralightCold Weather Hammock Pad Idea
December 13, 7:39am

All Reader Reviews by john Tier

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Equinox Silnylon Poncho
Agree with Richard on the mods.... all easy to do....I've had the extended length model for over 4 years and it is super through the mid season.... and yes it will cover a HH. Here is my mod......

In Clothing - Raingear
September 22, 6:10pm