BPL Community Profile

Paul Magnanti (PaulMags) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale People's Republic of Boulder
About Me I like to hike, backpack, camp and backcountry ski every so often...
CityBoulder
StateCO
My Website URLhttp://www.pmags.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Magnanti

Showing 171 - 180 of 902 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...91

Forum » Thread

sewing
"Don’t buy (an) expensive Tarp/Quilt; save your money and put it toward (a) good sewing machine.” That's a time/money thing. Working full time and making a decent salary, I'd...

In GEAR » "Don't buy expensive ___; save your money and buy good _____."
April 28, 2:20pm

"Don't buy expensive ___; save your money and buy good _____.""
Pack. Sleeping bag. Plenty of good $100 or so packs. Don't need to buy a very expensive one. OTOH, there is a large difference between a $100 sleeping bag and a $300+ one (or quilt). T...

In GEAR » "Don't buy expensive ___; save your money and buy good _____."
April 28, 10:32am

Paradox at costco
Much of the costco outdoor gear and clothing is very seasonal. I suspect the thermal wear falls into this category.

In Gear Deals » Paradox at costco
April 27, 9:04pm

Knobstone trail?
Always thought the Knobstone in Indiana trail would be a great fall hike. ~60 miles with nearly 20k ft of gain. Lots of ups and downs. http://www.in.gov/dnr/outdoor/4275.htm http://en.wikipe...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Epic trips in states that don't get the glory
April 27, 8:14pm

Creative way you dropped 1oz
"Gotta love everyone’s cynicism about this." And that's a bad thing??? This northeast born and bred transplant considers that normal. :) Being serious, many people get to a ce...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Creative way you dropped 1oz
April 27, 7:23pm

Creative way you dropped 1oz
Eat a Snickers bar before actually hiking Take a gulp of water Take a leak before hitting the trail

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Creative way you dropped 1oz
April 25, 12:20pm

cool
I have nothing to add to this thread except "WOW! What an awesome community of great people!"

In GEAR » Old style wide mouth Nalgene needed, quick!
April 24, 1:18pm

Spring time Sauntering : Grape Creek Wilderness Study Areas
A backpacking trip to the Grape Creek Wilderness Study Areas. It is now the end of April. The foothills are rapidly losing what snow they have. The streams are swollen with snow melt from th...

In Post-Trip Reports » Spring time Sauntering : Grape Creek Wilderness Study Areas
April 21, 7:08pm

Sno Seal
That exact same brand/model is my "go to" for when I use leather boots (mainly for trail work, mud season day hikes and around town in slushy conditions). Once or twice a year, I'v...

In GEAR » Leather Boot re-waterproofing
April 20, 9:31pm

what do you want to do?
First, nothing is truly safe from virus and malware attacks. As these devices become more popular, so will people wanting to do not-so-nice-things In fact, it has already happened as one quick e...

In On the Web » CHROME BOOK,SMART PHONE OR TABLET? I AM NOT A GEEK
April 11, 4:19pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul Magnanti

Paul Magnanti has posted no reviews.