BPL Community Profile

Paul Magnanti (PaulMags) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale People's Republic of Boulder
About Me I like to hike, backpack, camp and backcountry ski every so often...
CityBoulder
StateCO
My Website URLhttp://www.pmags.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Magnanti

Showing 171 - 180 of 817 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...82

Forum » Thread

preparing my pack
It is the "picking a destination, calculating routes, etc." that are what takes the most time and holds the most challenge (in a good way). Preparing my pack? It is pretty much pre-pac...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Pre-trip Planning
February 04, 12:49pm

Classic Shell
re: Classic Shell I installed it on my wife's Win8 machine and it works beautifully. Makes Win8 working like Win7. Which begs the question of why Win8 :) I love Macs. Beautifully made, ...

In Other Activities » Help me pick a computer
February 03, 9:36am

Hats
Because of this thread and similar ones else where, wrote up this article: http://www.pmags.com/under-cover-which-hat-to-wear BTW, not sure of the quality, but this down hat may be of interes...

In GEAR » Down hat vs wool hat... wool seems to be the better choice?
February 01, 9:01am

Re: light balaclava
The KISS principle is sometimes lacking in practice! :)

January 31, 8:57am

light balaclava
I bought it 13 yrs ago at Sierra Trading Post. The name is long forgotten, sorry. :) Though, now that I think about it, STP has sold Kenyon thermal products for a loooong time. Probably simila...

January 30, 7:04pm

Big Bend
Thanks for posting. It is a place I've always wanted to spend time at. It is a bit of a drive from where I call home. So that is on he "Someday" list. :)

In Post-Trip Reports » A Desert Noob visits Big Bend
January 29, 6:45am

Ecoragg
This one iirc http://www.bemidjiwoolenmills.com/details.php?itemid=bm07_170

January 28, 7:56pm

My hat system FWIW
In three season hiking conditions, I rock a polypro balaclava only. It is so versatile. I can roll it up as a hat, use it as neck gaiter, ear muffs or "ninja ski mask mode" for fuller fac...

January 28, 2:19pm

puffy layer
Would you hike in a puffy layer? Same concept. Sweat, salts and other moisture compromises the loft. A down hat is good for stationary activities and sleeping IMO. Again, just like a ...

January 27, 1:28pm

True story
Two weeks ago my friend and I were On a classic ski tour from Breckinridge to Frisco. Ten miles of amazing powder and the route even crosses the CT/CDT. As with many hikes and skis in Summit c...

In On the Web » Canine thru-hike of CDT
January 24, 3:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul Magnanti

Paul Magnanti has posted no reviews.