Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Manfred Kopisch (Orienteering) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Manfred Kopisch hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Manfred Kopisch has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Manfred Kopisch

Showing 171 - 180 of 418 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...42

Forum » Thread

Tumbles and Tenkara
Both topics are of course unrelated :) Tumbles: Yes, we had several tumbles on the SHR that could have been way worse. The SHR requires constant attention. A wandering mind or a tired mind ca...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » SHR vs. JMT (opinions sought from those who have DONE BOTH).
January 22, 4:58pm

Importing Gecaches to Smartphone (Gaia GPS)
James, great to hear that these resources are useful for you. Now that you have the geocache locations printed, you can of course enter them manually into Gaia GPS. I suggest you import the GPX ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 5th Annual Bay Area G.G.G. aka GGG 5.0 1/25-27, 2013 Henry W Coe
January 21, 2:50pm

JMT or SHR
OK - Here we go... Last summer I have done both -- first the JMT from North to South and then the SHR from South to North. Here is the trip report for the JMT and here is the trip report for the S...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » SHR vs. JMT (opinions sought from those who have DONE BOTH).
January 21, 12:35am

Interesting - so far 7 girls signed up for geocaching
I just noticed that all 7 kids who got signed up so far (ages 9, 9, 11, 11, 12, 12 , 14) are girls. That is quite a coincidence. Is anyone bringing boys to Henry Coe? Manfred

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 5th Annual Bay Area G.G.G. aka GGG 5.0 1/25-27, 2013 Henry W Coe
January 19, 4:44pm

PDF with Photos of Geocache locations for Download
The prior post provided a link to download a GPX file directly to your GPS or smartphone with geocaching app. Here is a link to a pdf file with photos and coordinates of each geocache. The p...

January 18, 9:20pm

GPS data -- Geocaching for Kids
For everyone who brings their own GPS or their smartphone with a geocaching app, I prepared a GPX file for download. Gaia GPS and OruxMaps are two of several apps for your iPhone or your Androi...

January 18, 11:10am

Parking and Camping Fees at Henry Coe
In case you arrive Friday evening after the rangers are gone it is a good idea to have exact change for the "iron ranger" - or a check. The current fees at Henry Coe are $8 for parking...

January 18, 10:43am

Geocaching Activity for Kids at Henry Coe
This year's GGG 5 will offer a geocaching course for kids. We will hide special geocaches just for this event. The kids will be allowed to take an item from each geocache they find. So there is...

January 16, 4:09pm

GGG V at Henry Coe in January
Hi Liz, If you are thinking about Henry Coe in January you might be able to combine that with the BPL meeting there on the weekend of January 25-27. Best Regards, Manfred

In Pre-Trip Planning » Skyline to Sea January
December 28, 4:02pm

Detour to Berry Creeks Falls
Hi Liz, Now after the rains the Berry Creek Falls will be at full flow. So I would recommend a slight variation of the Skyline-to-the-Sea route. You can see several photos in this trip report ab...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Skyline to Sea January
December 28, 3:27pm

All Reader Reviews by Manfred Kopisch

Manfred Kopisch has posted no reviews.