BPL Community Profile

Nico . (NickB) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Los Padres National Forest
About Me Nico . has not added a biography yet.
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nico .

Showing 171 - 180 of 700 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...70

Forum » Thread

Other eVent options
I've no first hand knowledge of any of these, but it looks like Exped, Rab and Locus Gear all offer eVent bivies. Most, if not all offer a style with bug netting over your face. You could pro...

In GEAR » Most Breathable Bivy?
March 06, 7:16pm

Joshua Tree CRHT
Nice job guys. Sounds like you had a challenging and rewarding run. Winter/spring in the desert is nice. Maybe one of these days I'll work up the nerve to try to join y'all on a long r...

In Post-Trip Reports » SpongeBob Zen: Joshua Tree CRHT, 3/2/2013
March 06, 2:46pm

Most Breathable Bivy
Honestly Max, like others are saying, it's tough to find one bivy that will perform all that you want it to in all kinds of conditions. A bivy with a solid top made out of a breathable water r...

March 06, 2:34pm

The Kovea Spider (KB-1109) Remote Canister Stove
Saw one of these in action recently; Jhaura from litetrail.com has one he's been using on our last couple of trips. Looks like a nice, small and compact stove. It fits inside his 550ml lite...

In GEAR » The Kovea Spider (KB-1109) Remote Canister Stove
March 04, 2:42pm

Most Breathable Bivy
I'll echo a couple of the other commenters... If you're considering a shelter like the Trailstar (or Trailstar mini), these provide a good bit of coverage so you don't need to rely s...

March 04, 2:05pm

Quilt Quiver
I've been using a two-quilt quiver happily for the last few years and it has covered most of my needs: 30*F Katabatic Palisade 15*F Katabatic Sawatch These two quilts get me through most...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Complete range of sleep setup, aka the quilt quiver
March 04, 1:04pm

Footwear for Multiday Snowshoeing
I typically wear an oversized trail runner with a thin liner sock and/or a thicker merino sock (depending upon conditions). I then wear a goretex sock over the other sock(s). I'll also wear k...

In GEAR » Footwear for Multiday snowshoeing
February 28, 5:53pm

Footwear for Multiday Snowshoeing
I've been thinking about this recently too. I've typically just worn my trail runners on snowshoe trips and not had many problems. But a recent trip required a lot more travel laterally...

In GEAR » Footwear for Multiday snowshoeing
February 28, 11:39am

Sierra Snowshoe
Sounds like some nasty wind to contend with. Glad you guys all were able to ride it out without any serious mishaps. I love the clarity of the images you posted Jacob. I assume you're stil...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Sierra Snowshoe :: Feb 2013
February 27, 2:50pm

Octopus
I don't know if you could do this (or would want to) with anything other than really fresh octopus but sushi restaurants often serve the tentacles raw chopped up into small pieces over a bed of...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Favorite octopus meal
February 27, 1:00pm

All Reader Reviews by Nico .

Nico . has posted no reviews.