BPL Community Profile

Nico . (NickB) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Los Padres National Forest
About Me Nico . has not added a biography yet.
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nico .

Showing 171 - 180 of 685 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...69

Forum » Thread

Strength Training to Lighten the Load
I've been doing CrossFit- style workouts for the last couple of years. We do a lot of heavy Olympic weight lifting as well as short, high intensity cardio (box jumps, burpies, 100m sprints, et...

In Philosophy & Technique » Strength training to lighten the load
February 25, 11:58am

Best Wildlife Encounters
Waking up on a beach early one morning on the far north coast of CA to multiple Elk eating the dune grass right outside the tent. Getting woken up while sleeping on the back deck of my boat whil...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Best wildlife encounters?
February 25, 11:36am

UL Weather Protection for DSLRs
I recently came across these Outex Cases via a couple of acquaintances who are professional surf photographers; they've been using them for the last year or so and seem to be pretty pleased wit...

In Photography » UL Weather Protection for DSLRs
February 25, 11:16am

Winter pads
My only hang up with a dedicated winter pad, is the potential of putting all of my eggs into one basket, so to speak. If you bring just an inflatable pad on a winter trip and spring a leak in th...

In GEAR » Equipment Addition: SynMat UL 7 + XTerm or XLite?
February 20, 3:14pm

PM sent
I'll take it

In Gear Swap » FS: MLD Duomid yellow silnylon
February 20, 1:53pm

Quilt Stacking
@ Kevin, Interesting point about getting enough synthetic insulation to keep down above freezing temps (for moisture management purposes). I hadn't really thought about it that way. Food...

In GEAR » Quilt Stacking
February 20, 12:24pm

Quilt Stacking
I've been looking into this as well to extend my winter sleep system, so I'm interested in hearing others' findings, experiences and tips/tricks. I've got a 15F Katabatic down qu...

In GEAR » Quilt Stacking
February 20, 9:42am

LA area hikes
If you want to hike near the coast and have the potential for ocean views, consider some of the trails in the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation area. It starts around Malibu and heads up ...

In Other Activities » Hillbilly heading to LA
February 19, 7:40pm

Knee pain
Check out the site: www.mobilitywod.com ("WOD" stands for Workout of the Day"). He's got lots of good exercises, stretches, etc to help athletes with various ailments lik...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Questions about knee pain.
February 19, 7:26pm

Big SEKI Loop
Looks like a fun walk that could be used in a pinch for a week+ long trip when there isn't time (or motivation) to cook up an elaborate route of my own. Will definitely keep this in mind. ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Big SEKI Loop (as an alternative to the JMT)
February 19, 12:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Nico .

Nico . has posted no reviews.