BPL Community Profile

John Donewar (Newton) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southeastern Louisiana
About Me Bitten by the hiking bug in 2008. The "infection" persists and I am not in search of cure. :-)
Reinfected by the MYOG bug in 2009 and I am still not in search of a cure. :-)
If I am not hiking I am reading about it or working on my gear.
Became a BPL Lifetime Member 5/1/11.
CityGretna
StateLouisiana
CountryU.S.A.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Donewar

Showing 171 - 180 of 1746 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...175

Forum » Thread

Re: Pack dimensions
Michael, 4 in. deep 11.5 in. wide 23 in. tall 21 in. torso Party On, Newton

In Make Your Own Gear » WTB Dark Grey XPAC VX21
January 10, 8:36am

Re: how do you stop pillow sliding off sleeping mat
Hi Mik, Some dots or lines of seam sealer applied to the bottom side of the pillow or its pillow case helps to provide some control of the pillow sliding off the pad. I used some stripes of P...

In GEAR » how do you stop pillow sliding off sleeping mat
January 10, 4:43am

Re: Re: moleskin vs leukotape
+1 for what Jake D. said, "I would be careful putting leukotape on open blisters." That being said, my method is to use a gauze pad with antibiotic ointment on the side facing the b...

In GEAR » moleskin vs leukotape
January 09, 8:23am

Re: Wish I could sew like that.
Give it a try. It's amazing what we find out we can do when we have the desire. I started in my middle 50's and I'm still learning. Party On, Newton

January 09, 4:46am

Re: Not so fast, Newton
@ Michael, I'm sorry that I don't have the measurements down on paper anywhere anymore. It is approximately 12" x 4" x 25" My son has a rather long torso and this p...

January 09, 12:00am

Re: ...but since you are 6' 2"...
The SoLong 6 is SO long, that hikers over 6’8” will fit comfortably in this tent. Made in America - Exclusively. Designed for the ‘big & tall’. http://www.lightheartgear.com/in...

In GEAR » What's your favorite 3-season 1P tent?
January 08, 4:26am

Re: What can you tell me about the material it's made of?
LightHeart Tents are made of 1.1 oz. sil-nylon (silicone impregnated ripstop nylon). Custom LightHeart Solo Tents are made from Cordura®brand sil-nylon. Windows and doors are nylon no-seeum mesh ...

January 07, 5:20pm

Re: What's your favorite 3-season 1P tent?
Lightheart Gear Solo. So you are tied to your poles, so what, they'll be needed for your tent. ;-) And if you can trust the weather it can become a screened porch of sorts. htt...

January 07, 3:24pm

Re: Server needs a serving!
Slllllllooooooooowwwwwwwwwed to a crawl early this morning and resulted in dual and triple posts. Canceling the post does nothing because the post finally goes through and we have to delete the ...

In User Test Forum » BPL server response time is crap
January 07, 6:34am

Re: ...perform emergency surgery on the trail...
Warning Thread Drift Ahead Warning Hi Bob, We don't say the "S" word around the house much lately. I had some "S" back in November and a trip to the ER because of comp...

In GEAR » 5g UL backpacking knife
January 07, 5:21am

All Reader Reviews by John Donewar

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Under Armour Men's UA Escape 7" Solid Shorts
Here are the particulars. Ultra-lightweight woven fabric. Mesh internal liner. 360° Reflectivity Hand pockets for your essentials. 7” inseam 2.2 oz. Polyester Men'...</td>          
           <td class=

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
September 29, 10:56am

Scope Outlast
This is a first for me as I have never posted a gear review before. The Scope Outlast Minibrush probably isn't really even considered as hiking gear. Scope Outlast Minibrush

In Backpacks - External Frame
August 13, 12:14pm