BPL Community Profile

Michael Martin (MikeMartin) - BPL Staff

My Locale North Idaho
About Me Michael Martin has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Martin

Showing 171 - 180 of 507 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...51

Forum » Thread

Re: Where's Valandre'?
Hi Charles- I met with Valandre' during the show and saw their bag with the interchangeable draft collars. It was a very interesting concept where you could zip in a 3-season or 4 season co...

In Editor's Roundtable » Better Bags (Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2008)
September 03, 10:34am

Re: Sil-nylon stuff sacks as VB socks?
Works Great for sleeping/camp use. Just put the sack on bare skin and put a thick sock over the top. If you're squeamish about the silnylon on your skin or you want to try it while hiking, yo...

In Multiple Use Gear » Sil-nylon stuff sacks as VB socks?
September 02, 11:43am

Re: stale news
Hi Guys- To those who've stated that they are disappointed with the coverage (as opposed to the publishing schedule) of our OR articles, I'd like to know specifically what you thought ab...

In Editor's Roundtable » Introduction to Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2008
August 30, 3:40pm

Re: Introduction to Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2008
Bill- 1. No, I hold BPL readers, especially yourself, in very high esteem. 2. Maybe I'm just overly sensitive tonight, but I take the tone of your last post personally. FWIW, the schedule...

August 29, 10:15pm

Hi Mark- Yes, more is coming. The articles are more in-depth this time, so they're being published over a longer period. Cheers, -Mike

August 29, 9:45pm

Re: Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Pads
Hi Michael- After looking first hand at the construction of the NeoAir, I think their claimed R-Value of R2.5 is entirely reasonable. Still, this is a 3-season pad. The Exped down mats are in ...

In GEAR » Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Pads
August 17, 11:11am

Re: Plush Pads (Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2008)
Hi Barry- Sorry, no info on the rolled size. But the specs from Thermarest show 1" thickness and an R-Value of R-2.2. Cheers, -Mike

In Editor's Roundtable » Plush Pads (Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2008)
August 15, 12:23pm

Re: Durability matters
Hi Ryan- I certainly wasn't advocating disposable products, nor was I saying that durability is completely unimportant...merely less important than the other criteria I listed for lightweigh...

In Editor's Roundtable » Plush Pads (Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2008)
August 13, 6:37pm

Re: Why no mention of Westcomb?
Hi Jason- If I can take the liberty of jumping in to speak for Will... 1) Yes, Westcomb does make some nice jackets. We reported on their Spector at the last show: http://www.backpackingli...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Rainwear 2008: Current Favorites, New Introductions, and New Technologies (Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2008)
August 13, 11:19am

Yes. Of course you're right, Roger. That should read "commercially available", or some such disclaimer. ;) I think some BPL readers could make gear lighter than you could buy in ...

August 05, 10:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Michael Martin

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Backpacking Light Ti Esbit stove
If you just bend the arms up slightly, it will support a Heineken Pot cleanly.

In Stoves - Other
May 26, 3:06pm