BPL Community Profile

Adan Lopez (Lopez) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale San Gabriel Valley
About Me I dont own a scale or spend alot on gear, still I manage an 8lb base thanks to you good BPLers. Enjoyment is the goal here, which means light gear is important as is "lightness of mind". Kit must not be complex, fragile or expensive.
CitySan Dimas
StateCA
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Adan Lopez

Showing 171 - 180 of 804 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...81

Forum » Thread

Book
Craig, bring the Quanah book over, dude. I sampled a bit of Blood Meridian, very dark, ultra-violent, almost gratuitous. Just a bit much, I guess. I know, I'm a wuss. Grapes of Wrath was so,...

In Chaff » Stuck in bed for a week, help me find a book!
April 28, 4:05pm

Tall Guys
Nathan, If you're 6'6" then most likely your torso is 24" or more. I think your primary consideration should be an internal framed pack made long enough for your torso. The only ...

In GEAR » Packs with great load transfer
April 28, 12:38pm

Post trip blues
Steven, Have you considered maybe you don't get out often enough? Your post trip depression blues may be a sign you are not fully satisfied and want more. Just a thought.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Post trip depression
April 28, 8:47am

Born to Run
I enjoyed this book a lot. At the time, I found barefoot running and the Tarahumara very interesting. Otherwise, I would say the writing was unremarkable, it was mostly the topics I enjoyed. I didn...

In Chaff » Born to Run ??
April 27, 1:32pm

Books
I enjoyed "you cant win" by Jack Black. Love the way they talked, learning all the early slang terms and just the hobo life, fascinating stuff. Also, many of John Muirs writings held me f...

April 25, 7:54pm

Stuck in bed for a week, help me find a book!
Healing up from minor surgery this week and I'm trying to find something to read. Mountains, running, wandering, climbing, early California, the American West, are all topics I can't get en...

April 25, 4:30pm

Dri-star
The Dristar socks are too thick for me, I have a bunch of these and I cant wear them. They seem hotter and wick less than regular cotton for me, even in the office. Thin dress socks are not as bad ...

In GEAR » Really thin socks
April 25, 9:23am

Jackson Falls
Rob, that place looks killer. Nick B might know more about it, that dude has been around the Sespe.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » sespe may 18-20th
April 24, 9:41am

cycling socks
Stephen, This is a very timely post, i also discovered cycling socks recently. $5 for Pearl Izumi socks at REI, super thin. They worked well for my Grand Canyon run recently. I've worn those &...

In GEAR » Really thin socks
April 23, 5:38pm

sharing a tent
"That's the last time I'm sharing a tent with Adan. Lucky I didn't get herpes from him too." Craig, Herpes symptoms can sometimes take a few weeks to surface.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Grand Canyon- Double Crossing aka "Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim"- BPL Group Run
April 23, 9:49am

All Reader Reviews by Adan Lopez

Adan Lopez has posted no reviews.