BPL Community Profile

Lance Marshall (Lancem) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon
About Me Lance Marshall has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://www.wvi.com/~ulmyog/
My PDF Gear ListPCT Gear Lists

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Lance Marshall

Showing 171 - 180 of 231 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

Catenary Help - Pictures
Use a flat felled seam. The plans I work from have a 1" seam/hem allowance all around so I offset the two halves 2/3". One side gets 2/3" allowance, the other side gets 1-1/3"...

In Make Your Own Gear » Catenary Help
September 29, 1:48pm

Catenary Help
Yes you can copy your Grace tarp. Start in the middle and work outward ignoring the extra length on each end. The spreadsheet I posted in 2006 is still available. 2006 Spreadsheet If you&...

In Make Your Own Gear » Catenary Help
September 27, 3:48pm

WTB: Cheap pots
Matthew: I just measured my Kmart Grease Pot. 5 cups to the rim. 4 cups to within 5/8" of the rim. I've had both the Walmart Grease Pot and the Kmart Grease Pot. The lids and gre...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Cheap pots
August 17, 12:46am

Newbie tarp camping question
Try these recent discussions here or here or here. Also try searching the forums for bugs, snakes, scorpions, bears etc. Go for it!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Newbie tarp camping question
August 13, 10:15pm

Rigid bottle for Sawyer Squeeze dirty bag.
While section hiking the PCT the past few weeks I observed a number of thru-hikers with Sawyer Squeeze filters attached to rigid soda/water style bottles. It seemed pretty simple; no separate ...

In User Test Forum » test
June 24, 11:50am

Has anybody made the Ray Way backpack?"
Nick, I’ll take a stab at it. I can’t claim to be an expert, but here are a few thoughts: 1.) Since G wraps around F, that means G will be a double-layered piece of fabric when it is sandw...

In Make Your Own Gear » Has anybody made the Ray Way backpack?
June 11, 6:22pm

Reverse zipper for footbox
Brad, Thanks for the praise! A few more hints: Heat seal the fabric portion of the zipper. The fabric will melt and seal before the coil. Practice on a scrap piece. It doesn't take m...

In Make Your Own Gear » Reverse zipper for footbox
June 10, 4:10pm

Reverse zipper for footbox
Brad, is this what you are trying to do? Assuming I understand the problem correctly, here is how to solve it: Open up the end of the zipper an inch or two and trim one side back two or t...

In Make Your Own Gear » Reverse zipper for footbox
June 10, 12:31pm

UL Creatures - Pine Marten
Pine Marten, near Park Ridge, Oregon Cascades, 11/2008

In Photo Gallery » UL Creatures
June 07, 10:17pm

Grosgrain ribbon or Nylon webbing?
My preference is to use nylon webbing for the piece that goes into the 'adjustable' part of the ladderlock. It's stronger for where it enters the side/back seam or tab and doesn't...

In Make Your Own Gear » Has anybody made the Ray Way backpack?
June 01, 5:33pm

All Reader Reviews by Lance Marshall

Lance Marshall has posted no reviews.