Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Lance Marshall (Lancem) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon
About Me Lance Marshall has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://www.wvi.com/~ulmyog/
My PDF Gear ListPCT Gear Lists

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Lance Marshall

Showing 171 - 180 of 238 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

Re: "Still, the math is interesting"
Mike, Thanks for the thought provoking questions. Here's my two cents worth: Does your spreadsheet calculate the Cat curve in the plane of the fabric? Or, does it calculate the curve in ...

In Editor's Roundtable » MYOG Technical Note - Catenary Curves
October 18, 9:55pm

Pucker factor
Debra, The curve is gradual enough and the fabric forgiving enough that there is zero pucker factor when sewing a flat felled seam in a curved ridge line. I posted some pictures in an earlier...

October 16, 1:51pm

MYOG Technical Note - Catenary Curves
Roger, As an advocate of catenary curves and using spreadsheet calculations for laying them out, I appreciate your article. I've tried the 'hang and trace' method and found it f...

October 14, 10:45am

Catenary Curve Ridgeline Explaination
Kier: The tent ridgeline uses the complete curve layout from zero to max back to zero. Here's a rough drawing of how the curve was layed over a straight ridge line. I overlayed it to interse...

In Make Your Own Gear » Catenary Help
October 06, 8:42pm

Downloadable Catenary Curve Spreadsheet
I've put my 2006 catenary curve spreadsheet on-line. The spreadsheet was created using Microsoft XL 2002. The spreadsheet is at the bottom of the page and is 23kb. The web page works with E...

October 06, 6:54pm

Catenary Help - white lines
The material in the above pictures is actually the fly portion of a tent I designed and made for myself. The white lines mark where the mesh walls attach to the fly. More information and pi...

October 01, 11:02am

Posting a Long Gear List
There is a thread from 2007 that has a few hints: 2007 Thread Hope that helps!

In Philosophy & Technique » Posting a Long Gear List
September 30, 1:09pm

Catenary Help - Pictures
Use a flat felled seam. The plans I work from have a 1" seam/hem allowance all around so I offset the two halves 2/3". One side gets 2/3" allowance, the other side gets 1-1/3"...

September 29, 1:48pm

Catenary Help
Yes you can copy your Grace tarp. Start in the middle and work outward ignoring the extra length on each end. The spreadsheet I posted in 2006 is still available. 2006 Spreadsheet -Lance

September 27, 3:48pm

WTB: Cheap pots
Matthew: I just measured my Kmart Grease Pot. 5 cups to the rim. 4 cups to within 5/8" of the rim. I've had both the Walmart Grease Pot and the Kmart Grease Pot. The lids and gre...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Cheap pots
August 17, 12:46am

All Reader Reviews by Lance Marshall

Lance Marshall has posted no reviews.