BPL Community Profile

Kier Selinsky (Kieran) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Seattle, WA
About Me Kier Selinsky has not added a biography yet.
CitySeattle
StateWA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kier Selinsky

Showing 171 - 180 of 513 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...52

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: tarp, bivy, ground cloth vs. UL tent weight/cost analysis
There are much cheaper/lighter tarp setups than what the OP mentions, as Randy points out. But there's also much cheaper/lighter tent options than what the OP is using too. Case in point: TarpT...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » tarp, bivy, ground cloth vs. UL tent weight/cost analysis
March 01, 12:17pm

Well I'll be darned...
I can't find the citation for where I learned to never inflate by mouth. I'm thinking it might have been in one of the Clelland books or something, but not sure. Neat to see that Cascade De...

In GEAR » Neoair All-Season questions
March 01, 11:15am

Re: Neoair All-Season questions
You shouldn't blow up any pad by mouth. Your breath contains a lot of moisture. It will condense in the pad. At best, over time you'll get some heat-robbing water. At worst, in winter, you&...

In GEAR » Neoair All-Season questions
March 01, 9:32am

180 South
Patagonia's been adopted by yuppies, but they still produce great stuff, so it's not quite fair to hold the yuppy image against them. If you have Netflix, check out 180* South (180 Degre...

In GEAR » Patagonia-Just curious
March 01, 9:22am

I Heart BPL
I just gotta say how much I love this community. How many places can you have so many knowledgeable people gathered up to have a good convo with the author? So cool. Can't wait to pick up this ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Andrew Skurka's The Ultimate Hiker's Gear Guide: Book Review
February 29, 2:57pm

XLite vs XTherm?
Does the XLite use the same material as the upcoming XTherm? I want to get the XTherm because it's r-value makes it reasonable for shoulder seasons and it's light. I guess I'll be sure ...

In GEAR » NeoAir XLite didn't make it through night 1
February 26, 11:24am

Time vs Lust
I think the time comments are spot on. I wouldn't have nearly as much gear lust if I had as much time to use it as I do to shop for it. :-) That being said, I try to temper my purchases by r...

In Philosophy & Technique » Does the UL philosophy produce materialistic backpackers?
February 25, 8:22pm

XTherm
That's not that much cheaper, but about 10oz heavier, than the upcoming XTherm. Nice to have an option, but I think I'll be holding out for the XTherm.

In GEAR » Another new insulated pad: Big Agnes Insulated QCore
February 24, 11:26pm

Olympic Oatmeal
Saw this recipe from an olympic swim coach years ago, don't recall who: -1 serving of steel rolled oats -1 serving whey/casein protein (agree with others, stay away from soy, we all probably ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » High Protein Trail Foods
February 23, 6:47pm

Upper bounds and breathable?
I have no experience with neoprene - how breathable is it? Accordingly, is there an upper bound to the comfort? At what temp should I expect to switch to wool? I know everyone's different, just...

In Editor's Roundtable » Fast and Light Shoulder Season Footwear Tips
February 22, 11:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Kier Selinsky

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Driducks rainsuit
I picked up one of these suits excited to have some lightweight gear that was actually cheap. I got it home, and tried it on to be sure it fit. Then I repacked it and put it in my pack and went out to...

In Clothing - Raingear
November 01, 6:47am