BPL Community Profile

KEN LARSON (KENLARSON) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Western Michigan
About Me Mounteering, climbing and backpacking and outdoor endeavors I have been engaged with since age eleven all over North America and Canada. Retired educator, researcher and outdoor facilitator. Currently dealing with Multiple Myeloma Cancer and still backpacking with the grandchildren on a "lighter note".
CityGrand Haven
StateMI
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by KEN LARSON

Showing 171 - 180 of 578 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...58

Forum » Thread

Fire Pot and Titanium Windscreen Kit
Thanks for all the work you have put into this project. I believe you have engineered a winner! Here is a sampling of my data that might add food for thought for what it is worth...... NOTE: ...

In Gear Deals » Fire Pot and Titanium Windscreen Kit
September 09, 1:31am

2013 inov-8 Roclite 295s Update
This response is directly from the shoe designer concerning the updated Roclite 295 fit: "All I can really say is that the last is the same so the volume is the same. The stitch and turn co...

In GEAR » 2013 inov-8 Roclite 295s
September 07, 4:53am

PLB Issues
"Neither spot or plbs or inreach or sat phones work well unless you have a clear view of the sky.” Just returned from Isle Royal National Park where I use ACR Resqlink™ 406 GPS (PLB-375...

In GEAR » Experiences with satellite phones?
September 06, 4:37pm

Fire Pot and Titanium Windscreen Kit
Dan... Have you conducted tests to determine the boiling time for 2 cups of 70*F water using your StarLyte Original and Modified stoves using S-L-X, HEET, Sunnyside 834 or Everclear 190? Do yo...

In Gear Deals » Fire Pot and Titanium Windscreen Kit
September 05, 3:22pm

"The Issue"
E-Mailed Ryan and Stephanie concerning the SSI issue. Reply from Stephanie is as follows: "Thanks Ken. Yes, the issuing company is working on it - we had a business name change last year and ...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Ssl certificate not valid
September 05, 7:55am

Ssl certificate not valid
YEP...Microsoft alerted me also last night. IGNORED and signed in. BPL ISSUE?

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Ssl certificate not valid
August 31, 8:53am

Sap residue on pot from twig fire
Try some Isopropyl Alcohol or olive oil.

In GEAR » Sap residue on pot from twig fire
August 22, 5:03am

Sawyer MINI Filter - UPDATED

In GEAR » Sawyer MINI Filter
July 16, 1:55pm

2" x 2" x 2 mil Reclosable Bags
Have been using these for years and the product cost is reasonable.....1000 @ $4.71 + http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=42307&catid=883&clickid=searchresults

In GEAR » Ezy Dose Pill Pouches
July 08, 10:21am

***Clarification & NEW TRICK for Original SAWYER Filters to use in FIELD BACKFLUSHING***
Drew....I am still confused as to the process you have tried to described. Being a visual learner a picture as I previously indicated would be of help to me to understand your method as I was un...

In Make Your Own Gear » 2 gram back flush for sawyer squeeze
June 28, 9:35am

All Reader Reviews by KEN LARSON

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

123Mountain OUTDOOR EQUIPMENT
>>>>>>>>BEWARE<<<<<<<< Read the BB Business Review BELOW before you decide to purchase ITEMS from this company. BB Business Review

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 22, 7:19am

SOTO PRODUCTS STOVES & POCKET TORCH
Would highly recommend ANY of SOTO's products as they RATE 5 in my estimation. I have purchased and have used many of SOTO's products (STOVES: iso & white gas and POCKET TORCHES: butan...

In Stoves - Canister
May 24, 10:57am

Sawyer In-Line Filter
SP-125 PURIFIER (NOW - SP-35 PURIFIER)

In Hydration - Water Treatment
March 08, 2:15pm

MSR Mountain Safety Research HyperFlow microfilter
I purchased one of the very first MSR Hyperflow filters from REI (April08) and experienced many of the filter issues that have been mentioned (reduced output, hard pumping, backflushing difficulties a...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
February 25, 10:24am

Alpkit CarbonLite
CarbonLite hiking/trekking pole review: • I have been using “h...

In Trekking Poles
June 30, 9:06am

PossumDown Gloves (BPL Gear Shop)
I was interested in the level of warmth provided by an overmitt and wool liner combination and did some cold weather testing of hand gear for the last three days, since the temperatures in Michigan we...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
November 30, 1:57pm