BPL Community Profile

KEN LARSON (KENLARSON) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Western Michigan
About Me Mounteering, climbing and backpacking and outdoor endeavors I have been engaged with since age eleven all over North America and Canada. Retired educator, researcher and outdoor facilitator. Currently dealing with Multiple Myeloma Cancer and still backpacking with the grandchildren on a "lighter note".
CityGrand Haven
StateMI
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by KEN LARSON

Showing 171 - 180 of 500 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...50

Forum » Thread

Soto Muka Liquid-Fuel Stove
The Soto Muka Stove - Review GO HERE

In GEAR » Soto Muka Liquid-Fuel Stove for Snow Camping?
December 29, 7:14am

**** FS Osprey Ariel 75 WOMEN'S Backpack****
Sending you a email. Ken

In Gear Swap » Wanted: Osprey Ariel 75
December 27, 2:04pm

IT IS A STATE OF MIND
Make peace with imprefections. ~Don't sweat the Small Stuff~ Live within your limits ~ BUT stretch them!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Getting older, as good as u were 10 years ago?
December 27, 10:42am

The biggest, baddest Swiss Army knife ever!

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » unltralite knife
December 24, 5:11am

Evernew Water Carry
Check out Antigravity Gear GO HERE As of 20Dec2012 George had them in stock.

In GEAR » Can anyone find the Evernew 2L bottle?
December 21, 5:58am

Slow Walker
Wool Liner Dachstein Wool Mitt Black Rock Type Down Mitts MLD Type Shell Interchange the Wool and Down inner mitts per conditions/needs. Always carry two chemical heat pad when either the w...

In GEAR » Winter Gloves and Miitts system
December 17, 6:38am

Boot Expert
May I suggest using Dave Page to Cobbler to help you. I had similar issue years back and he did some stretching on my right leather mountaineering boot that made a world of difference. His work w...

In Make Your Own Gear » Stretching tight leather boots and plastic double boots.
December 15, 11:52am

Alternative Method to Seam Sealing
I'm intrigued by your sealing the inside of the glove as opposed to the outside, or did you say you seal both? >>>SEALED inside ONLY. What is your reasoning for sealing the ins...

In GEAR » MLD Rain Mitts
December 14, 12:46pm

Alternate Method to Seam Sealing MLD Rain Mitts
I seamed sealed the MLD mitts a bit different after my research and using "past knowledge" seam sealing tents and clothing over twenty years. My method is as follows: PREP: 1.I ...

In GEAR » MLD Rain Mitts
December 14, 11:45am

**** FS Osprey Ariel 75 WOMEN'S Backpack****
This was my wife’s pack whose dimensions are: Height of 5”–1.25”, Hip Measurement of 37” and Torso Length of 14.56”, and Weight of 130 lb. The Amelia 75 is in EXCELLENT condition as it ...

In Gear Swap » **** FS Osprey Ariel 75 WOMEN'S Backpack****
December 10, 6:17am

All Reader Reviews by KEN LARSON

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

123Mountain OUTDOOR EQUIPMENT
>>>>>>>>BEWARE<<<<<<<< Read the BB Business Review BELOW before you decide to purchase ITEMS from this company. BB Business Review

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 22, 7:19am

SOTO PRODUCTS STOVES & POCKET TORCH
Would highly recommend ANY of SOTO's products as they RATE 5 in my estimation. I have purchased and have used many of SOTO's products (STOVES: iso & white gas and POCKET TORCHES: butan...

In Stoves - Canister
May 24, 10:57am

Sawyer In-Line Filter
SP-125 PURIFIER (NOW - SP-35 PURIFIER)

In Hydration - Water Treatment
March 08, 2:15pm

MSR Mountain Safety Research HyperFlow microfilter
I purchased one of the very first MSR Hyperflow filters from REI (April08) and experienced many of the filter issues that have been mentioned (reduced output, hard pumping, backflushing difficulties a...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
February 25, 10:24am

Alpkit CarbonLite
CarbonLite hiking/trekking pole review: • I have been using “h...

In Trekking Poles
June 30, 9:06am

PossumDown Gloves (BPL Gear Shop)
I was interested in the level of warmth provided by an overmitt and wool liner combination and did some cold weather testing of hand gear for the last three days, since the temperatures in Michigan we...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
November 30, 1:57pm