Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nathan V (Junk) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The Great Lake State
About Me I have been backpacking for about 8 1/2 years, although I thought about trying it for a few years before that. I wish that i would have started earlier, I've had a lot of fun doing it.
CityColumbus
StateMichigan
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nathan V

Showing 171 - 180 of 181 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Forum » Thread

Nunatak
I have a down jacket with an Epic shell(Feathered Friends Hyperion), which seems to loose a lot more down through the Epic than any other down gear with regular shell material that I own. I don't k...

In GEAR » Help me buy a Nunatak
November 22, 7:54pm

sweaty back vs atmos 50?
I agree with the previous posts, I have an atmos 25 and a 50, and like them both. Very comfortable. To me the extra weight is worth it.

In GEAR » sweaty back vs atmos 50?
November 12, 12:37pm

Check This Out!
I want some.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Check This Out!
November 05, 6:42pm

1 oz. headlamp
I have been using the atom all summer, and have been very happy with it. Works great around camp after dark.

In GEAR » 1 oz. headlamp
October 18, 3:58pm

Katadyn Mini Ceramic Microfilter
Thanks for the info, I didn't think to look at www.backpackgeartest.org. I might try one sometime, have to spend the REI dividend on something after all.

In GEAR » Katadyn Mini Ceramic Microfilter
October 16, 3:43pm

Katadyn Mini Ceramic Microfilter
Has anyone tried this filter yet? It looks pretty small and is claimed to weigh 8oz, not too bad as far as filter/pumps go.

In GEAR » Katadyn Mini Ceramic Microfilter
October 15, 9:17am

Looking for a UL Down Jacket
I have a Feathered Friends Hyperion jacket with Epic shell fabric, it's wind proof, quite warm, weighs 11 oz, but isn't cheap.

In GEAR » Looking for a UL Down Jacket
October 02, 4:14pm

Lil Nipper, fuel and leaks
I had the same leaking problem with the lil nipper and the red caps, that BPL sells. I tracked the leak down to the red caps not sealing tight, so I switched back to the original cap. It's a little...

In GEAR » Lil Nipper, fuel and leaks
September 30, 7:09am

Re: Re: Oware or BMW
I have the titanium goat bivy, and it has worked well under a tarp so far for me, and it's quite a bit cheaper than the other ones mentioned.

In GEAR » Poncho/Tarp my DOWN Bag
September 13, 6:23pm

Dancing Light Gear
That's too bad, I've bought a few things from them that have all worked great. I really love my Tacoma solo w/bug netting, I've been using it all summer, great minimalist shelter.

In On the Web » Dancing Light Gear
September 12, 7:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Nathan V

Nathan V has posted no reviews.