BPL Community Profile

John Brochu (JohnnyBgood4) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale New Hampshire
About Me John Brochu has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Brochu

Showing 171 - 180 of 426 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...43

Forum » Thread

Re: Lowering a pack using rope
Chad, Just a shot in the dark here... but is that the 4th class section of the approach to the ACC hut on Castle Mountain in the Canadian Rockies? John

In Philosophy & Technique » Lowering a pack using rope
December 17, 7:43am

Re: I"M GONNA TELL MY DADDY!!
>>>Well scwarckek I'm not really looking to trade with some nasty homeless looking guy either so no quam here. Far as I can remember, Jesus was rather fond of homeless guys and in a...

In Chaff » How Did BUSH WIN...?
December 17, 7:11am

Re: Re: The Ramen thread: How do you like yours?
I do all my "cooking" in those steamer bags. I like the chicken Ramen and I dump it and two cups of hot water into the bag, then add 1/2 cup of stovetop stuffing and let it rehydrate f...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » The Ramen thread: How do you like yours?
December 15, 2:24pm

Re: ml
>>>This might sounds rediculous... but how do you guys know you are using exactly 15ml or 20ml or whatever ml?<<< I bring a little measuring cup like those that come with cough...

In GEAR » School me... Alcohol Stoves
December 14, 2:20pm

Re: Heavy windshirt
>>>I like GoLite Ether (3.17 oz) and Wisp (3.01 oz). Light, breathable, and the DWR is good.<<< Is the Wisp really supposed to be breathable? Mine doesn't seem to breathe a...

In GEAR » Another windshirt thread
December 14, 2:12pm

Re: Caldera Cone
Wow, that's pretty good. My last Caldera set-up took 20ml to consistently boil, or I used 15ml if I was just making hot water for drinks. With 15ml sometimes it didn't reach a boil (alth...

In GEAR » School me... Alcohol Stoves
December 14, 1:58pm

Re: trying to understand backpacking light
I'm certainly not an expert but I'll take a crack at answering your questions. >>>I take it one can backpack light now because of advances in gear technology that enable improve...

In Gear Lists » trying to understand backpacking light
December 11, 10:52am

Re: Ultralight living
Awesome photo Ali.

In GEAR » Ultralight living
December 11, 8:19am

Re: Layering Under Heavy Down necessary?
>>>It looks like most "mountaineering" people throw on their down over all their other stuff, base, fleece, shell. Is this for the convienience of not changing clothes frequently...

In GEAR » Layering Under Heavy Down necessary?
December 11, 7:58am

Re: Great shelters
Does anyone think the "Bilgy" tarp shelter design offered at Quest Fabrics would be a good one to try in cuben fiber? I can't figure out how to post a direct link so you have to sc...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Tents?
December 11, 7:05am

All Reader Reviews by John Brochu

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

zpacks Company
I first bought a Blast 18 which is now my go to pack for extended weekend trips. Since then, Joe has made me a custom cuben fiber cat tarp, a custom cuben fiber rain skirt, and a custom stake bag. ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 16, 1:42pm

ULA Conduit
Used this pack on 5 or 6 overnight trips ranging from one night to 7 nights and a base weight ranging from 8 to 12 pounds. The pack is outstanding. It carried well up to 28 pounds. The hip belt po...

In Backpacks - Frameless
February 11, 9:51am

Sierra Designs Isotope Jacket 2007
I bought this jacket a while back mostly to bring on longish alpine routes as a wind/emergency rain jacket. I've only actually used it climbing once, but have carried it up several climbs in my ha...

In Clothing - Raingear
July 03, 9:23am