BPL Community Profile

John Abela (JohnAbela) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale www.hikelighter.com
About Me I live in the Redwoods of Northern California. It rains here, a lot, often going 30+ days without it stopping. I love it!

I have migrated from a 35 pound BPW setup to a winter time setup of under 7 pounds, a shoulder season setup of under 5 pounds and a summer time setup of under two pounds. Check out my website http://www.hikelighter.com/ for my gear list and reading my articles, and my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HikeLighter for videos on SUL and XUL gear and whatnot.
CityEureka
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.hikelighter.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Abela

Showing 171 - 180 of 1188 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...119

Forum » Thread

WTB: Jetboil Sol Ti Cup
Hello, Looking for a Jetboil Sol Ti Cup... just the cup... not the whole system. I do not care how beat up it might be, so long as the fins on the bottom are in good condition and there is no...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Jetboil Sol Ti Cup
November 15, 3:55pm

Re: To ZPacks Duplex Owners
I do not own one (and do not plan to buy one) but if the Duplex is sticker shock for you, give a look over the 2 person shelter list that I put together. You might find that for just a few more oun...

In GEAR » To ZPacks Duplex Owners
November 15, 3:47pm

Re: ZPacks The One?
Duane: TarpTent still the standard bearer for the less spendy crowd? I'd like to see some cuben material used by Henry. Never heard why he won't use it. Duane, you can learn why Henry wi...

In GEAR » ZPacks Hexamid Solplex
November 14, 2:32pm

Re: Re: Re: On the rattle

In Gear Swap » FS: Locus Gear CP3 Flip-lock trekking poles
November 13, 7:10am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ideology.
I would like to make the proposal that all MLIFE members stop visiting BPL between now and the first of the year :-D

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » BPL wants input on proposed forum code of conduct
November 11, 3:28am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hiking staff for hexamid shelter?
ps: I have always wondered how he handles using the staff for a hexamid... if the staff is 60 inches and you use a ~48 inch pole for a hexamid... I wonder if his new staff breaks down into pieces (...

In GEAR » Hiking staff for hexamid shelter?
November 11, 3:25am

sorry
sorry, didn't mean for that to sound like smack talk... too many pirate references ;)

November 11, 3:21am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hiking staff for hexamid shelter?
@Derek, well, shiver me timbers. Had no idea. Last he and I talked about such things he was using the BigStick. I don't tend to go around reading everybody elses gear list line-by-line, so had ...

November 10, 2:37am

Re: Focus Fire 14 feedback
I had a Houston moment a couple days ago with mine... photo does not show how bad it got, as I had to go grab my camera... but this happened for reasons totally unknown. You already know thi...

In GEAR » Focus Fire 14 feedback
November 09, 10:38am

Re: 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
Taking over the count-down for Ken... There are 2 months and 15 days (that is 76 total days) until the GGG West starts!

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
November 08, 9:00am

All Reader Reviews by John Abela

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Black Rock Gear Hadron

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
August 02, 6:44pm

ZPacks ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tarp & HexaNet Solo Bug Shelter
ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tarp ZPacks HexaNet Solo Bug Shelter h...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
June 27, 10:34pm

Jetboil Sol Ti
Hello Everybody, I was able to acquire the new Jetboil Sol Ti recently and I have now had a chance to use it in the field - inclu...

In Backpacks - Frameless
April 11, 3:00pm