BPL Community Profile

Jake D (JakeDatc) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Bristol,RI
About Me http://www.geargrams.com/list?id=9466
CityBristol
StateRI

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jake D

Showing 171 - 180 of 1099 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...110

Forum » Thread

Re: RE: How Much Extra Food? If Any
I tend to bring more snacks than i actually eat. luckily i usually have pretty high cal/oz ratios so it's not much weight in the long run. an extra Clif bar or pb crackers isn't going to ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » How Much Extra Food? If Any?
August 28, 11:32am

Re: Re: Looking to shed some pack weight in a hurry
copy and paste the link. that is before food and water. i'd probably be around 21-22lb with 1 liter of water and 4 days of food. I never went over 25lbs total on my Long Trail thru hike (u...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Looking to shed some pack weight in a hurry
August 28, 8:03am

Re: Re:Looking to shed some pack weight in a hurry
never said roughing it.. for your trip i'd have a 12.5 lb baseweight with a fully enclosed tent, full size neo air, pillow, 20F quilt, camera, canister stove and bear spray. http://www.geargra...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Looking to shed some pack weight in a hurry
August 28, 6:15am

Re: traffic jam
Yikes.. the 2nd picture looks like the line waiting for pictures with the summit sign on Mt Washington sometimes. between people hiking, driving and taking the cog railway it is nuts. my group ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » traffic jam
August 27, 8:39pm

Re: Re: Re: Looking to shed some pack weight in a hurry
"I still don't feel it will provide durable long lasting protection and its kind of wasteful at the same time." I have the original one i started with last year and it made it 19 d...

August 27, 8:18pm

skip the shovel.. you can dig a hole with your trekking pole or tent stake. skip the pack cover. Put things you need to stay dry in a trash compactor bag, twist it shut, pack the rest on top ...

August 27, 1:45pm

Re: Re: Unsure about this conversion from boots to trail shoes
I think conditioning your feet to Hiking in general takes time. between climbing, hiking and spending most of the time barefoot or in sandals when not working my feet are pretty bulletproof. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Unsure about this conversion from boots to trail shoes
August 27, 1:01pm

Re: Re: Unsure about this conversion from boots to trail shoes
I'm not a fan of having my shoes soaked when i can avoid it, i cross streams barefoot usually. It does take some extra time but the comfort factor is worth it. If i had a crossing where i wa...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Unsure about this conversion from boots to trail shoes
August 27, 10:48am

Did you buy the Atmos at REI? exchange it for an Exos 58 and you'll drop over 1lb and have nearly the same room but less weight. I switched from Miniworks to Sawyer squeeze and never lo...

August 27, 10:28am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2 nighter
Did you survive? ;)

In Pre-Trip Planning » Easy one nighter in New England?
August 26, 7:44am

All Reader Reviews by Jake D

Jake D has posted no reviews.