BPL Community Profile

Richard Scruggs (JRScruggs) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon
About Me Richard Scruggs has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Scruggs

Showing 171 - 180 of 449 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...45

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: re: members only on Gear Swap
Guess you missed the point earlier: The object of BPL has not been to make its website "hugely profitable" and BPL certainly does not "restrict" membership. As far as yo...

In GEAR » Gear Swap & Capilene
December 04, 4:42pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: re: members only on Gear Swap
No, my point isn't that BPL is "beset by freeloaders" at BPL's expense. And I do agree that forum postings by members and non-members alike are a benefit to BPL and its followe...

December 04, 4:10pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: re: members only on Gear Swap
RE: "You can be proud to be a member but I do not use any of those additional features, which apparently includes the ability to look down on people who just want to use an internet forum wit...

December 04, 3:51pm

Re: Re: re: members only on Gear Swap
RE: "Marmot Prince" aka "Chuckie Cheese" -- "Maybe if you told me to invest in BPL before these changes I would be able to consider it, but regardless of the price I now h...

December 04, 2:21pm

Re: Christmas style lights?
Here's a light string which, while not colored, will run on 2 AA batteries -- http://www.rei.com/search?query=light+string If an electric outlet is available, here are colored and the...

In GEAR » Christmas style lights?
December 01, 7:33pm

Re: CHAFF CHAFF CHAFF CHAFF
Hmmmm. Think I'm lost. Thought this was the "Lightweight Backpacking General Discussion" thread. Muat have wandered into the "Chaff" thread by mistake. Or maybe it...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Dont buy this jacket ...
December 01, 1:57pm

Re: Zia grill--holiday sale
Gary, Can you ship via USPS? To a PO box? Thanks. Richard

In Gear Deals » Zia grill--holiday sale
November 11, 1:02am

Re: Jefferson Park
Here's a link to excellent short descriptions of trails in Mt. Jefferson Wilderness, with each trail description accompanied by a sketch map that has links to photos taken along that trail: ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » 'Lifelist' hikes in the NW
November 08, 12:42pm

Re: 'Lifelist' hikes in the NW
I see Copper Ridge Trail is on your list -- here's a trip report that includes that trail as part of a traverse across North Cascades NP -- going from east to west with the start at Little Beav...

In Pre-Trip Planning » 'Lifelist' hikes in the NW
November 05, 1:43am

Re: _ MLD Provides Outstanding Customer Service
Would like to add my appreciation and strong endorsement of MLD and Ron. Have purchased many items from MLD in the past several years. Couldn't be more satisfied with MLD products, MLD'...

In GEAR » MLD
November 04, 12:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Scruggs

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Aloksak O.P 12.5 x 20"
They do last a looooooooooooong time when used as a map case, though. JRS

In Miscellaneous Products
August 29, 2:18pm

Base Designs 1000ml Titanium Pot
Just received one of the 1000 ml Base Designs titanium pots from ProLite. At $19 plus shipping (and shipping is free within USA if order exceeds $50), this pot appears to be a bargain for what appear...

In Cookware - Titanium
March 07, 10:50pm

Backcountrygear.com
Have had many, many on-line orders at Backcountry Gear over several years, and experienced only a single error in all those transactions when they sent the wrong color of an item. As it turned out, I...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 03, 1:52pm

National Geographic TOPO! Outdoor Recreation Mapping Software - California
Several years ago, I purchased mapping software for a few of the "regional" areas produced by National Geographic. For example, the software included the North Cascades on one disk, the Sout...

In Navigation Gear & Accessories
February 06, 5:38pm