Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Larry De La Briandais (Hitech) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SF Bay Area
About Me Larry De La Briandais has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Larry De La Briandais

Showing 171 - 180 of 629 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...63

Forum » Thread

Measuring water
What does everyone use? I use mostly prepackaged meals that call for a very specific amount of water and don't really want to experiment with alternate amounts. Carrying a measuring cup seems...

In GEAR » Measuring water
January 13, 4:48pm

Shoulders
I can't carry 5 lbs on my shoulders comfortably for an hour. In that time frame the muscles that connect your shoulders to your neck are killing me. I carry 90%+ of the weight on my hips.

In GEAR » What Dan McHale has to say about UL backpacks
January 13, 1:33pm

Big Sky inflatable pillow
"Just a couple of days ago I got a Big Sky inflatable pillow. Haven't tried it yet, but it looks promising." Be sure to let us know how it works for you. I am curious to know if y...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Question for fellow side sleepers
January 10, 10:34am

Pillow pocket
I've tried a "pillow pocket" on a BA sleeping bag and that didn't work for me, no where to put my arm...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Question for fellow side sleepers
January 09, 3:52pm

Cost
Just curious what your material costs are so far.

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG first down quilt: Karo Step
January 09, 3:07pm

Pillows
"That said, my biggest problem is getting my pillow to stay under my head." Let me know when you fix that in a lightweight way. So I can steal you idea! ;^)

January 09, 2:48pm

Typical gear sets
My $.25 (inflation). The categories could be somewhat useful as each category generally uses a different set of equipment. One example, in the heaviest category a tent is used, next we move to a ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I say let's decide on a general consensus of Ultralight definitions and terms.
January 09, 11:47am

Hip belt design
"many pack makers have designed their belts to articulate in the wrong plane which actually hurts comfort." What would the correct way be? I have no pre-conceived idea what the correc...

In GEAR » External pack frame flexibility.
January 09, 11:40am

Re: Re: Carry weight on the shoulders...
I have used several external framed packs (mostly Jansports) and I always carried most of the weight on the hips. I would adjust the shoulder straps so the top attachment point was above my should...

In GEAR » External pack frame flexibility.
January 08, 4:37pm

My buddy Les...
"Les Stroud and his soul mate wife at the time, were living the dream primitive outdoors life for years, something changed, they divorced. He still does his thing, she is not there." S...

In Philosophy & Technique » helping girlfriend reduce weight - personal fears
January 08, 12:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Larry De La Briandais

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Campsaver.com Retailer
I purchased the Vargo canister stove from them at a GREAT price. They had such a run on sales because of the low price that is was sold out. They left me a personal phone message letting me know tha...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 07, 3:07pm