BPL Community Profile

Larry De La Briandais (Hitech) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SF Bay Area
About Me Larry De La Briandais has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Larry De La Briandais

Showing 171 - 180 of 566 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...57

Forum » Thread

I would, but...
I have a MUCH lighter tripod that I would use. I think it weights about 1 lb.

In GEAR » Would you carry a tripod on a bike tour?
October 31, 5:57pm

depends on if I'm awake or asleep...
For sleeping, my BAIAC. I know it's too heavy, but compared to all the comparable pads it was MUCH cheaper and I finally sleep like a baby . :) When awake, it is the sawyer filter. It rep...

In GEAR » What's Your Favorite Piece of Gear?
October 31, 2:29pm

Re: SAR Victims
The only rescue I have ever done was a "hawt" young lady. Granted, she was with one other "hawt" young lady and their boyfriends. She was full on heat exhaustion. Inexperienc...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What does the typical Search and Rescue victim look like?
October 28, 4:57pm

Re: Re: GPS
"Mau Piailug showed how Real Men navigate." Now THAT is awesome! Talk about real world skills. I humbly need at least a map... ;)

In GEAR » To GPS, or not to GPS
October 24, 12:21pm

GPS
I would say that a GPS is very useful. If you are solely on roads, then not so much. When trying to follow new and unknown hiking trails it is more useful, but there is the tail to follow. When ...

In GEAR » To GPS, or not to GPS
October 24, 10:45am

hiatal hernia
I have one, probably had it my whole life. I can get heart burn much easier than most, have stomach aches easier than most, but it has never affected my activity levels. The biggest two problems ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Recent injury on the trail
October 22, 4:40pm

Pancakes
The biggest problem with pancakes is having to drag along the pan to cook them in. I have made many, but always on short trips where weight isn't a big deal. I used the syrup packets from Pac...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Pancakes
October 21, 4:18pm

Ticks
What kind of tick is that? I've never seen one like that.

In GEAR » Gear to protect against THE most deadly backcountry beastie...
October 21, 3:31pm

Is is only women
Is it only women that are prohibited? That's what is show in the sign, therefore, it should still be permitted for men. ;^)

In Philosophy & Technique » No naked hiking
October 18, 5:53pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The most "non lightweight" thing you've seen on the trail
PMs work too. ;)

In GEAR » The most "non lightweight" thing you've seen on the trail
October 16, 4:21pm

All Reader Reviews by Larry De La Briandais

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Campsaver.com Retailer
I purchased the Vargo canister stove from them at a GREAT price. They had such a run on sales because of the low price that is was sold out. They left me a personal phone message letting me know tha...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 07, 3:07pm