Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John McAlpine (HairlessApe) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale PNW
About Me I now have my base weight down to 12 pounds. I'm fine with that. Any lighter seems to make for a less comfortable trip. Just turned 50 and looking forward to some epic thru-hikes.
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John McAlpine

Showing 171 - 180 of 456 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...46

Forum » Thread

Thank You Mary D,
That's exactly how I feel. I don't like or trust the security. Last month it was announced that 51% of American's are signed up on Facebook, that's 49% of us that won't see Ro...

In Gear Deals » MLD News June 2011- Goodbye Spinntex- we loved you...
June 26, 4:27pm

Cuben Sublite
I bought the all cuben lightheart tent......and it sounds like their maker Judy is busy sewng many.

In GEAR » Cuben Fiber Tarptent Sublite
June 26, 4:18pm

Slipstream is a Little Small
I just got a medium Montane Slipstream in the mail yesterday. I instantly tore into the packaging and tried it on.....too small. I typically fit all mediums. This was way to small for me. I wan...

In GEAR » Best Wind Shirt?
June 24, 1:58pm

THANKS
I apprciate all the responses. I'll wlak up to my local AT&T store during lunch and learn where 'airplane mode' is. I got into postholer.com while at work and create my site. W...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Non-Tech Person has Question
June 20, 9:24am

Baladeo 22 gram Knife
PM sent on 22 gram Baladeo

In Gear Swap » FS: Montbell Ex Light NWT XL $130; Baladeo 22g $25, 34g $30; Inov8 Roclite 390 GTX 10.5 new $95; Patagonia Zephur M $40
June 17, 3:03pm

Non-Tech Person has Question
I just got my first cell phone a year ago. It's an Android from AT&T. I'm so non-tech I still don't have a home computer.....yes I'm at work. I'd like to use my Andriod...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Non-Tech Person has Question
June 17, 3:01pm

EXOS 58
I'll take it....if your current buyer backs out. You can PM me.

In Gear Swap » Moment / Lunar Duo / Downmat 7 / Exos 34 & 58 / Jam
June 14, 2:15pm

Yea....I'd Bring Them
Hey David, Great to see you come from Northern Idaho to enjoy RNP. I was up at Muir on Sunday and I'm blown away at the amount of snow still up there. Heck...I'll be hiking from Ashlan...

In GEAR » Your predictions: Microspikes for Wonderland/Northern Loop/X-C 1st Week of August?
June 13, 12:11pm

Joe has always Responded ASAP
I've ordered many times from Joe and he answers my emails on the same day. I'd say he's not getting your emails.... He values BPL business and will do all he can to make you happy.

In GEAR » Anyone doing business with ZPacks?
June 09, 12:10pm

Montane Slipstream GL for $79.90 @ Campsaver.com
http://www.campsaver.com/slipstream-gl-jacket-men-s 15% off right now.

In GEAR » Best Wind Shirt?
June 09, 12:07pm

All Reader Reviews by John McAlpine

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

LightHeart Gear Cuben Solo W/Awning
I picked up this tent for several reasons. I wanted a light tent; I wanted it to be waterproof right out of the bag; I wanted room inside for me and all my gear; I wanted a dry entry; I wanted to use...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
October 18, 12:09pm

Kahtoola Microspikes Microspikes
I've been using these little brother crampons over the winter and have found them to be perfect. I've used them on non-glacier snow fields up to 12,200 feet and they have not failed once. The...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
August 02, 2:43pm

Osprey Exos 58
I'm 47 and been hiking on and off for 35 years. I've gone through many packs and thought it was time to try a lighter pack. Sure this pack isnt ultra light, but have you tried those things?....

In Backpacks - External Frame
July 16, 10:59am