BPL Community Profile

Clayton Mauritzen (GlacierRambler) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale NW Montana
About Me Clayton Mauritzen has not added a biography yet.
StateMontana
My Website URLhttp://dispatchesfromoutside.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Clayton Mauritzen

Showing 171 - 180 of 805 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...81

Forum » Thread

Re: Leki length; Anyone try the Leki flick locks? Bueller? Bueller?
The Leki Speedlocks weigh about twice what the BD Flicklocks do (the 2012 versions at least). The Leki locks come in at about an ounce per lock, where as the BD locks are more like half an ounce (...

In GEAR » BD Alpine Carbon Cork 2012 vs 2013
May 30, 11:02pm

Re: Re: Price Reduced! ULA Conduit w/hipbelt pockets
The side pockets were changed as well, I believe. Still an excellent pack at a fantastic price.

In Gear Swap » For Sale or trade: ULA Conduit w/hipbelt pockets
May 20, 9:20pm

re: Sea to Summit
Avoid Noseeum. It gets a little difficult to breath in and out of with high exertion. I have the Sea-to-Summit net, and I think it weighs something like 0.8 oz. I'm really happy with it, e...

In GEAR » head net
May 19, 4:41pm

Re: NeoAir Xlite Hack
http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=73403&skip_to_post=625778#625778

In Make Your Own Gear » NeoAir Xlite Hack
May 19, 3:48pm

Re: The holy grail of sleeping pads: NeoAir Xtherm or Exped Synmat UL?
The fabric on the Exped is actually significantly thinner (though, that still may not translate to serious durability issues). It is a 20D fabric, while the XTherm has 30D on the top and 70D on th...

In GEAR » The holy grail of sleeping pads: NeoAir Xtherm or Exped Synmat UL?
May 19, 3:41pm

Re: Re: 24: Lost Creek Wilderness
Great trip. Lovely dog (what kind?). Unfortunately, I don't bring my dog on the trail because of the bears up here. Otherwise, she'd be with me all the time. I am finding that 24s are ...

In Post-Trip Reports » 24: Lost Creek Wilderness
May 18, 5:45pm

Re: adhesive...
Thanks. I may have to try this out soon. I'll report back if I do.

In GEAR » Removing Black Diamond Trekking Pole Grips
May 18, 11:57am

Re: Removing Black Diamond Trekking Pole Grips
Curious--has anyone had any long-term issues with the GG grips? Dave C. mentions on his blog that both of his eventually failed. Also, has anyone been able to squeeze the GG grips onto a pole w...

In GEAR » Removing Black Diamond Trekking Pole Grips
May 17, 11:38pm

Re: Silicone : thinner ratios
I did my Duomid with the Permatex stuff, and it worked really well. My only complaint is that it leaves a very glossy bead that way. Henry's method is more aesthetically pleasing as you can ba...

In GEAR » ge silicone ii
May 17, 10:32pm

Re: HMG Mid
They posted a video on their Facebook page a little while back of the AMW Ski Classic, and there was one a few of the shots. Presumably someone like Luc Mehl had a prototype for testing.

In GEAR » HMG Mid
May 17, 10:27pm

All Reader Reviews by Clayton Mauritzen

Clayton Mauritzen has posted no reviews.