BPL Community Profile

Clayton Mauritzen (GlacierRambler) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale NW Montana
About Me Clayton Mauritzen has not added a biography yet.
StateMontana
My Website URLhttp://longlinerelease.com
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Clayton Mauritzen

Showing 171 - 180 of 863 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...87

Forum » Thread

Re: Backcountry.com too
Anyone notice that Backcountry.com has changed theirs too? I tried to search in the forums, but nothing came up. Here's the new policy from their website: Not stoked on your gear? Lookin...

In GEAR » REI limiting returns to one year
August 11, 3:58pm

Re: Still undecided
"It's something worth thinking about as technology continues to become more advance. Even if these robots never exist in our lifetime, surely gear will get both stronger and lighter and ge...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking robot: would you use one?
August 03, 8:31am

Re: Re: Re: Re: BFM Says
The real issue with load lifters is the way that they help balance the load--which depending upon pack design can vary from none-at-all (no matter what you do) to quite a lot. There are a lot of m...

In GEAR » Does This Pack Fit?
August 02, 4:55pm

Re: BFM Says
Delmar, please know that no insult or offense regarding the BFM is intended. I'm not familiar with the book, and my objection stems only from the universal statement without regard to the conte...

August 02, 12:02am

Re: Shelter for Two
I have shared a few nights in a Duomid with others, and I never found it to be that bad. It was tight, sure, but I never felt that it was unlivable, especially compared to the sloping walls of a lo...

In GEAR » I think I want a duomid?
July 31, 11:32pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Where Shoulder Straps Join
He did say "Backpacker's Field Manual" so I assumed it was the magazine. But I checked, and there is a book with that title as well. So I could have been mistaken about that part. ...

July 31, 11:13pm

Re: Re: Mostly catch and release, but...
Greg said it well. If I can take non-native fish, I will. Even more, if I can keep non-native invasive species, I would prefer that--I refuse, for example, to throw lake trout back alive in mos...

In Fishing » Mostly catch and release, but...
July 31, 10:15pm

Re: Where Shoulder Straps Join
No offense Delmar, but the advice from Backpacker has been so contradictory over the years--even issue to issue--that I don't put much stock in their comments. Also, they're just wrong. ...

July 31, 10:07pm

re: Ohm Frame
Mark, the Ohm does have a frame, and it's rather robust, even for being so light. It's a pretty ingenious system that has worked for a lot of people. Given that, Sean I think you'll b...

July 28, 11:58pm

Re: Re: Re: My pack fit
Sorry--I wasn't clear enough. By "up" I meant in torso length, not up in the belt adjustment. In other words, I think you might do well with an extra 1.5" or so of torso length...

July 28, 11:19pm

All Reader Reviews by Clayton Mauritzen

Clayton Mauritzen has posted no reviews.