BPL Community Profile

Clayton Mauritzen (GlacierRambler) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale NW Montana
About Me Clayton Mauritzen has not added a biography yet.
StateMontana
My Website URLhttp://longlinerelease.com
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Clayton Mauritzen

Showing 171 - 180 of 830 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...83

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Wet Weather Shelter Philosophy
Bears have incredibly powerful senses of smell, so I would imagine that the trace scents left over from FBC in a well-ventilated tarp would be similar to anything else already on your pack or other...

In GEAR » Wet Weather Shelter Philosophy
June 29, 8:34pm

Re: Re: Re: don't want trail runners
Runningwarehouse.com and Zappos.com were great for me. Free shipping on orders and returns, and neither have balked that I return at least two shoes for every one I've bought. Despite doing my ...

In GEAR » don't want trail runners
June 29, 8:55am

Re: Neoair Pillow?
I tried the NeoAir pillow, thinking that since I love the mattress so much, the pillow would be nice and supportive. Long story short, I didn't like it, no matter what inflation level it was a...

In GEAR » Best lightest pillow recommendations
June 28, 12:14pm

Re: Re: Embrace
I really like my Rab Pulse jacket. Reasonably light (sub 8 oz for XL on down), Pertex Shield+, and some very fantastic DWR. I think they've changed their jacket line-up, though, so I'm ...

In GEAR » Shell-Rain Jacket UL/SUL recommendations
June 27, 9:55am

Re: Re: REI Flash Pad (made by Exped?) on sale for $75
REI lists this as a 30 denier fabric vs. the Exped's 20 denier. This is really interesting. For that price, I'd be willing to cut it down to to torso length and reseal it. That is, if ...

In Gear Deals » REI Flash Pad (made by Exped?) on sale for $75
June 26, 11:36am

Re: Tent FS
Would you consider a regular Rainbow? (It's 40" wide, and I've fit two in there a few times.)

In Gear Swap » WTB: Double Rainbow, Lunar Duo, gate wood with net, or other 1-2 man.
June 25, 8:03pm

Re: Wrap Around Belt
FWIW, I forgot to mention that the distance between where the two sides of the hipbelt attach is the same as Granite Gear uses. The difference is that the GG packs curve down to 6" between the...

In GEAR » hyperlight mountain gear
June 25, 7:23pm

Re: Thanks
I sold my XLite last year after getting in an XTherm in the crazy Eddie Bauer Black Friday sale. It is now my only pad for year-round use. With the more durable bottom, I don't worry about ...

In GEAR » NeoAir XTherm
June 21, 9:56am

Re: re: 50 pound Gorilla
Glad to hear it. I imagine that the difference in body type is as much a part of pack performance. I found it completely inadequate for my needs--largely due to the shoulder straps design (sewn s...

In GEAR » The 50 pound (GGear) Gorilla
June 19, 11:56pm

Re: The 50 pound (GGear) Gorilla
Have you run into problems with the 6061 aluminum stock GG uses? From my experience with the Gorilla, the stay is pretty bendy. Also, the one I loaded up and wore around the house had a very poor...

In GEAR » The 50 pound (GGear) Gorilla
June 19, 8:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Clayton Mauritzen

Clayton Mauritzen has posted no reviews.