Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Fred eric (Fre49) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale France, vallée de la Loire
About Me Fred eric has not added a biography yet.
CountryFrance

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Fred eric

Showing 171 - 180 of 395 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...40

Forum » Thread

SL5
I bought a shangri la 5 too for hiking with my wife and son. I dont plan to buy the nest, he is too heavy for my liking. I am hesitating between doing an 1.1 silnylon floor / nanoseeum inner like...

In GEAR » Shangri La 5
August 15, 12:22am

pfd
Yes i would stay with synthetic/down atm if i was looking only for a warm vest. But for an hiking / packrafting trip the use as a pfd is interesting and i will look for some info about it. The ...

In GEAR » Insulation Warmer Than Down...
August 09, 2:23am

etrex
i am still using an etrex legend C. my only grip with it is i cannot upload scanned maps, and i for sure will never buy again a GPS that doesnt allow it. H serie might be way better, i never tr...

In Gear Swap » WTB: simple GPS
July 25, 1:29pm

Re: Cheap alternative to the zia fabrications ti grill?
looks like a purcell trench grill http://www.purcelltrench.com/grills.htm

In Multiple Use Gear » Cheap alternative to the zia fabrications ti grill?
July 18, 11:54am

deluxe ridgerest
You need to compare it to the previous "deluxe" ridgerest with the same weight and an R of 3.1 hence the +.4 = +13%.

In GEAR » Thermarest Ridge Rest SOLAR
July 14, 3:41pm

fake wallet
I am 100% for separating my cash, as to give robbers "enough" but not that much. But i wouldnt do the fake card trick or give a false number, a few people have been killed for that. L...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Global Test: One Gear List for Two Years and Five Continents
July 14, 3:07am

Outdoor 2010 Friedrichsafen
http://www.outdoor-show.com/od-en/press/novelties.php a few interesting looking items like this new mat : Exped AG Stand: A3 - 303 Hardstr. 81 8004 Zürich Switzerland Tel.: +41 44 49710...

In GEAR » Outdoor 2010 Friedrichsafen
July 13, 5:16am

inner tent
I use them for my myog inner bug bivy for my paratipi, but i wouldnt use them for the outer shell.

In GEAR » terra nova 1 gram tent stakes
July 04, 12:37pm

fast and light kit
i had a harder time repairing one than in the test : - a mice did a hole in the corner of my wife neoair - as my firelite 1100 bottom isnt flat i tried the "press with hand palm méthod&qu...

In GEAR » neoair repair
July 01, 9:31pm

baladéo
baladéo is a french company too :) créated by Luc Foin and Stéphane Lebeau in 1995.

In GEAR » Baladeo 34 Gram (1.19 oz) Knife
June 30, 9:40pm

All Reader Reviews by Fred eric

Showing 1 - 9 of 9 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Design FS exodus
After a few overnight with this pack ( he was too big , but i wanted to try it asap, planning for 2013 TGO ), i just did my first one week snowshoeing hike with it. - first as i have complained on ...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
March 03, 3:09am

Black Rock Gear Hadron
I ordered an XL Hadron, because the previous blackrock hat i had was a slightly tight fit in L. Evan questionned me by mail to check if i really needed an XL. I ended with a slightly larger than nor...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
September 15, 12:30pm

MLD Trailstar
After some week end uses ill give it a 5 as a 2 adults plus 4 year old son shelter. With a ground cloth and stakes i am at about 550+150+100= 800g for 2 1/2 people. I like the simplicity , no ve...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
September 04, 8:03am

Backcountrygear.com
I wanted some dry bags for packrafting and to try shipito I bought 2 POE pneumo ltw 50l the last model with rounded bottom They sent me the 2009 model with square bottom that was on sale on their w...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 13, 12:52am

PHD minimus down socks
sizing is strange, my wife feet are 5/38 so i ordered Small in fact i can use them and my feets are 10 /44. The loft is impressing, but due to the construction you have a lot below the feet and b...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
April 01, 6:18am

Watchful Eye Designs Aloksak
i usualy use a ziploc for my money, visa card and id card while hiking this time when i left for 3 weeks in Greenland i decided to use the small aloksak that was given me with some other purchase o...

In Miscellaneous Products
August 09, 2:16pm

Thru-Hiker.com
Had after thought and sent a mail to change order. 30 min after it i recieved answer and refund so i could redo order : Hello Frederic- No problem at all with regards to the order changes. I&#...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 10, 2:01pm

TarpTent Double Rainbow
DR in the snow! Its a great lightweight 2 persons tent. First i like the headroom and 2 larges entries . My wife and i...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
February 20, 9:36am

Garmin eTrex Legend
I bought one and only use it for snow hiking out of trails. Otherwise as i cannot hike close to my home, i dont hike often in the same place, so i wouldnt buy a 100€ map for only 5-6 days of use. ...

In Navigation Gear & Accessories
December 11, 11:40pm