Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Franco Darioli (Franco) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Melbourne
About Me Franco Darioli has not added a biography yet.
CityMelbourne
StateVictoria
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Franco Darioli

Showing 171 - 180 of 5158 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...516

Forum » Thread

Minor mod to the Notch
I'll have to re-read this later on (can't work out exactly what you have done right now...) but I thought that I'll love to see photos of members crouching inside their (LW)tent vestibu...

In GEAR » Minor mod to the Notch
September 07, 5:44pm

Shelter Recommendation Needed
Seam sealing , if done the TT way , should add less than 1 oz for the DR, a bit more for the SS2. ( I have done a few...) When the silicone is mixed (as it is in the TT $5 kit) it is probably a b...

In GEAR » Shelter Recommendation Needed
September 07, 4:41pm

Tell me about TT solid inners
Rutherford, I have used both solid and mesh TT inners in windy condition and on snow. As you noted there are shelters that don't have an inner but are considered "4 season", it jus...

In GEAR » Tell me about TT solid inners
September 07, 4:30pm

TT Hogback
Hi W. I have a very long and soporific video on the Hogback, so please do not watch it whilst driving. Eventually at 7:07 you can see how I get into the Hogback. (I am giving you the time so you...

In GEAR » TT Hogback
September 07, 3:47pm

Stake techniques
With most tents there is a "best" tie-out direction. That is, if you want to pull the tent (or tarp) panels taut the guyline needs to be pointing in a certain direction. If, in the ide...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Stake techniques
September 02, 6:51pm

Need help choosing hybrid singlewall shelter, solo
Andrew, "does adding the solid interior to a Moment DW make that much difference?" I am not Eric but have had the luxury of being able to compare TT shelters side by side although, so...

In GEAR » Need help choosing hybrid singlewall shelter, solo
September 01, 6:34pm

OH NO!!! More decisions???
A useful site for camera size comparison is camerasize.com It lets you compare the sizes of dozens of different models including several lens options For example this is the Sony A6000 compared t...

In Photography » OH NO!!! More decisions???
August 30, 5:07pm

Bumping Not Allowed People
"I think most of you are smart enough" Include me out.

In Gear Swap » Bumping Not Allowed People
August 26, 6:17pm

Need help choosing hybrid singlewall shelter, solo
Andrew, "I like the Contrail's design aesthetics, but I'm worried about functionality in high winds with pole support on only one far end." Valid concern, however it can work i...

In GEAR » Need help choosing hybrid singlewall shelter, solo
August 26, 4:25pm

Tall person's support thread
TENTS "Tents are an issue. Even a tent with a purported 90" floor is probably too short" Yes. The linear measurement is NOT a good indication of the usable space available. In fa...

In GEAR » Tall person's support thread
August 23, 5:49pm

All Reader Reviews by Franco Darioli

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Tarptent Contrail
My rating is based on what this shelter was designed for, and not to be understood as part of the "best tent ever, for anybody ,anywhere" award. Most of the good points have already been co...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
November 07, 4:48pm