BPL Community Profile

Franco Darioli (Franco) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Melbourne
About Me Franco Darioli has not added a biography yet.
CityMelbourne
StateVictoria
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Franco Darioli

Showing 171 - 180 of 4778 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...478

Forum » Thread

EE Prodigy + MLD Superlight Bivy for Winter Mtn Use in Southeast
"Specifically, I am trying to put together something that could be used when it is wet and the temperature is hovering around freezing" With rain/sleet at just above freesing (for me.....

In GEAR » EE Prodigy + MLD Superlight Bivy for Winter Mtn Use in Southeast
December 16, 7:01pm

Let's see a picture of your WATCH thread
I LOVE my Casio. The only item that has been with me on every hike since I bought it. The thermometer and altimeter work for me as does the alarm and night light I even made a You Tube video w...

In GEAR » Let's see a picture of your WATCH thread.
December 16, 2:50pm

The Better Balloon Mattress
balloons are a serious business and to think that I took the whole idea as some sort of inflated claims about hot air... Anyway my guess is that the stronger balloons will also be proportiona...

In Make Your Own Gear » The Better Balloon Mattress
December 16, 2:16pm

Debunking Hydrostatic Head
And even silnylon has a lower HH compared to PU-flys. It can go either way , just depends on how much coating there is. Some brands have silicone on one side and PU on the other but that reduces ...

In GEAR » Debunking Hydrostatic Head
December 15, 12:27pm

MYOG 2 person Tarp Tent
The design reminds me a lot of the SMD Vamp with a front entry point replacing the side entry/vestibules. A problem I see with that is, that when you access the shelter in the rain you will get ...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG 2 person Tarp Tent
December 15, 3:40am

Stove Pipe Tent Alteration
Kevin, You can buy the stove boot ready made from Ruta Locura or Titanium Goat. A local seamstress (or yourself) should then be able to sew it in.

In GEAR » Stove Pipe Tent Alteration
December 14, 4:10pm

UL Tent Vs. Traditional
Just in case someone reads all of the thread, I like to address this comment : "If you do not use trekking poles, then there is really no choice. You have to use regular tent" Most, if ...

In GEAR » UL Tent Vs. Traditional
December 13, 3:20pm

Tarptent Notch real world weights
I have an incredibly long and boring video on three of the TT solo shelters here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIt1Oezq2GQ about 2 minutes in I weigh a brand new packed up Notch at 26.3 oz. ...

In GEAR » Tarptent Notch real world weights
December 12, 8:56pm

Avoid losing your tent stakes by permanently attaching your guy lines to them
Two parts to it. First one, same as Bob Gross I can't see this happening : " I realized that one way to prevent this is to permanently fix the guy lines to the trek poles instead of my ...

In GEAR » Avoid losing your tent stakes by permanently attaching your guy lines to them...
December 12, 7:46pm

Negative weight camp pillow
"Baloon Bed" is my generic term for stuff that works in the backyard and not in the bush. Here is one of the many reasons why : Ryan , how long did it take you to blow up those 18 ballo...

In GEAR » Negative weight camp pillow
December 12, 3:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Franco Darioli

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Tarptent Contrail
My rating is based on what this shelter was designed for, and not to be understood as part of the "best tent ever, for anybody ,anywhere" award. Most of the good points have already been co...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
November 07, 4:48pm