BPL Community Profile

Hamish McHamish (El_Canyon) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale USA
About Me Hamish McHamish has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hamish McHamish

Showing 171 - 180 of 403 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...41

Forum » Thread

_
> I have wide shoulders and find the strap a must... This. The sternum strap is great for people with non-trivial pectorals and/or broad shoulders. It keeps the shoulder straps from slippin...

In GEAR » what's the elastic chest strap for between the shoulder straps
May 13, 4:55pm

_
Can you describe the fit in terms of your chest size and how the jacket fits over layers?

In Gear Swap » FS: Westcomb Specter LT eVent XL with sleeves professionally shortened 1.5 inches
May 07, 5:33am

_
It looks like going west up Cascade Canyon would be a nice foray. Any idea where the snow level would be along there in late May?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Grand Teton & Yellowstone in late May?
May 02, 11:23pm

Grand Teton & Yellowstone in late May?
Circumstances have aligned such that I will have time to do some dayhikes in the Grand Teton and Yellowstone areas in the last week of May (coming up soon!). This is a family situation so no overn...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Grand Teton & Yellowstone in late May?
May 02, 4:13pm

_
Here is a pretty good thread on the 2012 Gorilla: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=62829&disable_pagination=1 Having tri...

In GEAR » GG Gorilla vs.MLD Exodus FS
April 26, 3:43pm

_
Received mine in size Large today. I'm disappointed, and will be sending it back. Good stuff: - Frame design is smart, minimalist, and effective. Combined with the waistbelt, the load i...

In GEAR » 2012 Gorilla
April 25, 8:32pm

_
I use a ZebraLight too, it is an impressive piece of gear. The low beam is perfect for in-camp and reading. The medium beam is plenty for night hiking, which I do a fair amount. The high beam is...

In GEAR » Zebralight h31w/h51w Or Fenix LD01 on JMT Use
April 24, 7:27pm

_
Paul, I saw that Osprey feature on their packs and liked it. I have replicated the function on a couple of my packs and it is even easier than the Osprey method. I threaded a piece of black bun...

In GEAR » Osprey-style trekking pole storage
April 22, 9:09pm

_
Great post by Bob; concur completely. Jives with all my medical training and the advice I've gotten from current ER docs who do the wilderness thing. "The solution to pollution is dilu...

In GEAR » Iodine Povidone lighter alternative?
April 21, 10:49am

_
Thanks for the great info on this pack. I am leaning towards getting one. From what I have seen, the sternum strap attachment design is needlessly complicated. Being barrel chested, I find I d...

In GEAR » 2012 Gorilla First Impressions
April 21, 10:41am

All Reader Reviews by Hamish McHamish

Hamish McHamish has posted no reviews.