BPL Community Profile

Einstein X (EinsteinX) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale The Netherlands
About Me Started hiking somewhere around Y2K, with a 50 pound pack, incl. food, water and fuel.
That dropped down to ~37 pounds incl. f, w & f, which wasn't that bad concidering traditional gear and food for ten days!
Than the UL bug bit me and my gear weight dropped and dropped to a baseweight of ~10 pounds for my Scotland-16-day-Solo.
Going solo for 3 days two nights max, baseweight is down to 4lbs2; Going solo for longer baseweight is down to 8lbs2.
CountryThe Netherlands
My PDF Gear ListGear list TGO Challenge 2008

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Einstein X

Showing 171 - 180 of 345 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...35

Forum » Thread

Calling Sarbar,
Sarah, I once tried to contact you through your website but got no response, hence now i'm contacting you through this forum. I want to make your Rendezvous's Trail Energy Bars, but h...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Calling Sarbar,
April 13, 4:36am

Re: Re: Your Avatar
Changed my avatar again. This one was in Slovenia hiking up to a 6000 foot pass. Eins

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Your Avatar
April 13, 4:22am

Re: sporks
There is no bigger secret you're missing concerning sporks. The problem when you try to combine two (or more) functions into one item that usually both functions don't work well anymore. Ta...

In Editor's Roundtable » Is National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS) Ready to Go Light?
April 13, 2:39am

Re: Re: Shawn, NOLS gear?
>>But kitchens are the ultimate weight hogs. Yes, students carry about 10 days at a time. The result is about 20 pounds of food per person per cook group. Now add two big pots, and a big Fryb...

In Editor's Roundtable » Is National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS) Ready to Go Light?
April 12, 3:57am

Making my 2nd BP, questions
At the moment I'm making my second backpack (well at the moment I'm at work, but tonight I'll work on my BP again). The BP will largely be based on Gossamersgears G4 model, with some of...

In Make Your Own Gear » Making my 2nd BP, questions
April 02, 6:03am

Re: space blanket
I use mine as a groundsheet, so it's not an unused piece of gear. Although I'm soon gonna include a bivi in my kit, than I might leave it at home. But I also do not have sufficient convi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » E-Blanket, do you carry one, why or why not?
March 31, 6:12am

Re: Rain and Footwear
>>....but am I missing something?<< Half way through my two week hike through Scotland my GTX boots got wet: the water was deeper than my boots were high. The shoes only got dry afte...

In Philosophy & Technique » Rain and Footwear
March 22, 10:41am

Re: Backpacking w/ dog?
>>Are there other breeds of dogs that I should look into?<< Uhmmm.... The lightest one? Sorry couldn't resist Eins

In Philosophy & Technique » Backpacking w/ dog?
March 22, 10:02am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Pasta cooking
I've been doing my first drying in my oven last night and two weeks ago. I now have a home dried pasta-minced meat-tomato sauce-pesto meal and a mashed potatoe-bacon-vegetable meal waiting in m...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Food drying
March 21, 4:44am

Re: Thanks les
The most elegant way to do this, Brett, is to replace the excisting zipper with one that is seperatable. I would let the seamstress do this at store where I bought my SB cause she's much better...

In GEAR » MYOG help! how to join two sleeping bags?
March 20, 5:37am

All Reader Reviews by Einstein X

Einstein X has posted no reviews.