Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Erik Basil (EBasil) - BPL Guest

My Locale Atzlan
About Me Erik Basil has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Diego
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Erik Basil

Showing 171 - 180 of 858 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...86

Forum » Thread

Re: RE "Big Agnes "Q Core SL" REALLY DISSAPOINTED!"
I'm really bummed to read this, and I will check it out the next time I'm down near our REI. If the pad is narrower than the 20" BA I already use, it's absolutely no good for me. ...

In GEAR » Big Agnes "Q Core SL" REALLY DISSAPOINTED!
February 28, 7:07am

Re: Re: Re Re Damage from backpacks
The school backpacks issue is real and a total PITA. Many schools have eliminated lockers, partly out of hysteria over "contraband being stored" and partly due to real issues, and the en...

In Philosophy & Technique » Damage from backpacks
February 27, 7:25am

on the BA bag
Matt, I can give you some feedback on the Big Agnes bag system, rather than that particular bag, so I hope this is helpful. Since the BA bags are "quasi-quilt", meaning uninsulated on...

In GEAR » I need a new 3-season bag..thoughts
February 27, 7:08am

Re: BA
Well,I admit that I was excited by this tent, for the weight and capacity rather than the name. However, the photos in this thread are much more illustrative than those I found on BA's site, a...

In GEAR » Big Agnes Scout 2
February 27, 6:55am

Re: Another thought on external frame packs
Jim, if you pull out that old dinosaur Tioga, check out the shoulder straps. Mine hardened after 30 years and, when I called Kelty to see about ordering some just like those on my son's newer ...

In GEAR » External Frame Packs?
February 27, 6:43am

Light vs. Comfort
Generally speaking, if you want light and narrow at the expense of comfort and ventilation, the internal- or frameless-backpacks and rucksacks are better. If you want comfort, ventilation, high-...

February 26, 7:22am

Sahara convertibles
I've been having good luck with the Sahara side-zip convertibles from REI. They're light, have pockets where I want them (cargo) and do multi-duty as hiking shorts, swim shorts and then lo...

In GEAR » Hiking Pants
February 26, 6:48am

Stake out the rocks...
Greg, you just need more line, so you can stake out the rocks you use to stake out the tent...

In GEAR » Grand Canyon Trip Report: Lessons Learned -Flying Tents, Ursack Minor Failures, LT4 Repairs
February 26, 6:43am

Re: Squeaking
Max, it's pretty common with metal-frmed externals for them to develop a squeak, but it's simply resolved most of the time. Some packs never do it, but it was pretty common "in the ol...

February 25, 8:51am

Re: Re: Oily skin and down bags
I agree that this "oil issue" applies to all bags other than those awesomely comfortable flannel-lined, rectangular bags with outdoorsey patterns in the liner... well, maybe those, also. ...

In GEAR » Oily skin and down bags
February 25, 8:41am

All Reader Reviews by Erik Basil

Erik Basil has posted no reviews.