BPL Community Profile

Dondo . (Dondo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Colorado Rockies
About Me Dondo . has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://dondo1.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dondo .

Showing 171 - 180 of 1032 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...104

Forum » Thread

Golite Shangri-La 2 Shelter: Keep it Simple Stupid
Here's the reply from Golite: The lack of weight savings in this case, I guess) is due to additional guy points, nest toggles, updated vents and (overall) slightly different materials/constr...

In GEAR » Golite Shangri-La 2 Shelter: Keep it Simple Stupid
November 22, 5:29pm

Re: Smell
Randy, the RMNP rangers are passing out something called Restop 2. The manufacturer claims that the odor is contained. From my brief time in carrying it in cool weather, I have no reason to doubt ...

In Post-Trip Reports » 27 Hours in Glacier Gorge
November 17, 6:20pm

Re: WTB Poncho Tarp
James, I have a Golite that I can give you a good deal on. I'm on the run right now but if you shoot me a PM, I'll get back to you tonight.

In Gear Swap » WTB Poncho Tarp
November 17, 6:48am

27 Hours in Glacier Gorge
It's funny, Jim. The night before leaving for my trip, I was taking my dog for a walk and noticed a woman across the street cleaning up after her Saint Bernard. That made me think that maybe i...

November 16, 9:06am

Randy, thanks for the info on Pear Lake. That may well be my next trip in RMNP. Sid, thanks. Your response to carrying poo was the most common one I got when telling friends and family about the...

November 16, 8:35am

Re: Re: Underated
'm noting that folk from BC, Washington and Western Montana have a different take on layering than the Sierra and High Rocky-ites do. Am I wrong? I can't speak for everyone in the Rockie...

In GEAR » Fleece options for wet weather
November 14, 7:40pm

Everything you ever wanted to know about managing your P00P.....but were afraid to ask.
The American Alpine Club met recently in Golden to discuss this weighty issue. Here's a link to what the best minds in the field are saying.

November 14, 6:03pm

Re: The plot may thicken
Yeah, Gary. We're lucky to have Mark Udall as our senator. As a mountaineer and outdoorsman, he does have an instinctive grasp of the issues we're dealing with. I sure hope the park ad...

November 14, 5:29pm

Thanks, Jonathan. You bring up some important points. Despite my wise-ass comments, I can see that the park service had to make a tough decision between two not-very-appealing choices. Coliform le...

November 14, 8:03am

Re: Re: Golite Shangri-La 2 Shelter: Keep it Simple Stupid
Miguel, the similarity in weight between the 2009 and 2010 versions despite using different weights of fabric has puzzled me as well. My 2009 version weighs 21.6 oz. without the stuff sack. Your 20...

In GEAR » Golite Shangri-La 2 Shelter: Keep it Simple Stupid
November 12, 8:52pm

All Reader Reviews by Dondo .

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell U.L.AlpineBurrow Bag #3 Long
Nice review, Mitchell. After our discussion here about this bag back in April, I had a serious hankering after this bag. I really had no need of another bag and managed to resist until the Memorial ...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 29, 8:38pm

Rocky Rocky GTX Socks
Mine fit well. Size 10 slips right over a thin pair of wool socks and my size 9.5 feet. They are comfortable inside my trail runners and do what they claim to do--keep my feet warm and dry in wet, col...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
February 27, 8:01pm

Pacer Poles
Here's something I just posted at the Editor's Roundtable forum. It occured to me that it belongs here as well. Heather, here's something I posted on the TLB general discussion forum a...

In Trekking Poles
December 12, 8:28pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
This is the book I recommend to friends and folks I meet on the trail who are interested in going lighter. It's fun, unpretentious, and lays out the basic ideas in ways that are easy to understand. Do...

In Books and Media
November 23, 8:15am

Eastern Mountain Sports
Craig, good news. The last EMS store in Colorado closed a few months ago so no more tax for you. It was two miles away from my home in Denver and I miss it but I'll admit that I took full advantage o...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
November 21, 9:20pm