BPL Community Profile

Sumi Wada (DetroitTigerFan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Ann Arbor
About Me Sumi Wada has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sumi Wada

Showing 171 - 180 of 488 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...49

Forum » Thread

Re: Freezer Bag Cooking for 2
>> Is this pot big enough to boil water for 2? Yes, I think so. We typically use an MSR Titan (0.85L) or the GSI kettle (1 qt=0.9L) and they both work fine. Most of our FBC meals require ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Freezer Bag Cooking for 2
January 04, 9:28am

Re: My neoprene socks didn't work.
>> I thought neoprene socks were used for winter snow hiking. Neoprene seems to work in mysterious ways. I've always thought that the use of neoprene started with diving wetsuits. A we...

In GEAR » My neoprene socks didn't work.
January 04, 9:03am

Re: Need Female (or knowledgable male) Input: 2013 AT NOBO Female Thru-Hiker hopeful needs advice on gear
No really long thru-hike experience and I'm a short (5'2") woman but here are my gear opinions for what they're worth. 1) I've been hiking with a ULA Circuit for a few years...

In GEAR » Need Female (or knowledgable male) Input: 2013 AT NOBO Female Thru-Hiker hopeful needs advice on gear
January 03, 8:02pm

Re: Is 600-650 down worth it?
I need a little clarification -- the Lumen is EN-rated to 27*. Are you looking for something that's significantly warmer than the Lumen, i.e. EN-rated to 15-20 degrees? If so, a 600-650 down ...

In GEAR » Is 600-650 down worth it?
January 03, 12:27pm

Re: Which of these 3 down jackets?
I have a Nanopuff and the Montbell UL Inner. I think the Montbell is slightly warmer than the Nanopuff and it has pockets and is lighter but, overall, I use it for similar temps. I just got a M...

In GEAR » Which of these 3 down jackets?
December 30, 12:41pm

Re: Grand Canyon Permits - fax question
All permit requests faxed in on the first day, from midnight to 5pm MST, are thrown into a "lottery" and processed in random order. There's no advantage to faxing early but make sure ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Grand Canyon Permits - fax question
December 29, 8:56pm

Re: I'm glad this generated insight...
>> I really do think - like my experiences with OR or REI - that MontBell sending me a jacket, putting a hold on my card and waiting to replace it would be the easiest thing to do. OK... d...

In GEAR » Disappointed in Mont-Bell
December 20, 9:53am

Re: More firm slpg pad
Try the Thermarest ProLites, "self-inflating" foam-filled. Women's ProLite (66") is 16oz with R-value of 2.8. Women's ProLite Plus is 21oz with R-value of 4.6. Or maybe tr...

In GEAR » More firm slpg pad
December 07, 7:00pm

Re: Updated My Gear List
You have nearly 2LB in knives and pistol. That's 15% of your base weight. Seems like a lot. Do you really need ALL of the following? Cell phone Watch Spot GPS

In Gear Lists » Update My Gear List
November 28, 3:12pm

Re: Grand Canyon in January
Personally, I'd be wary about an older "20-degree" synthetic bag unless you've used it recently down into the 20's and are confident in its temperature rating. For January,...

In Gear Lists » Grand Canyon in January
November 28, 7:15am

All Reader Reviews by Sumi Wada

Sumi Wada has posted no reviews.