BPL Community Profile

David W. (Davidpcvsamoa) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale East Bay, CA
About Me David W. has not added a biography yet.
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David W.

Showing 171 - 180 of 450 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...45

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: CA People -- in the hole for $500 per person?
This article hits the nail on the head and although it was written in 2009, it may as well have been today. California The ungovernable state I'll gladly throw in $500 for a new state ...

In Chaff » CA People -- in the hole for $500 per person?
May 14, 10:43pm

Re: northern california trip recommendation please
A few destinations in the Emigrant/ N. Yosemite area that fit the billing: 1) Kennedy Lake out of Kennedy Meadows 2) Kibbie Lake out of Cherry Reservoir

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » northern california trip recommendation please
May 12, 10:03pm

Re: Iceland Lake Route/ Emigrant Wilderness
+1 on Richard's Map and on Rick's comments about the other routes that are shown on my Wilderness Press Map. I tried to make a loop using some of cross country routes and I did not find a ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Iceland Lake Route/Emigrant Wilderness
May 11, 10:17pm

Re: Meetup - Emigrant Wilderness, CA June 15-17
It looks like a great group so far and others are still welcome to join. Below is a picture of Many Island Lake for those who may be on the fence. I am looking forward to getting out there.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Meetup - Emigrant Wilderness, CA June 15-17
May 10, 1:24pm

Meetup - Emigrant Wilderness, CA June 15-17
PLEASE NOTE THE HIKE HAS BEEN MOVED FROM TO A HIGHER ELEVATION DUE TO HOT WEATHER. The hike will be from Kennedy Meadows to Emigrant Lake. I have received confirmation from everyone that that chan...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Meetup - Emigrant Wilderness, CA June 15-17
April 26, 11:33pm

Nice
Thanks for the scouting report Jay. From the pictures it looked like a great time.

In Post-Trip Reports » Emigrant Wilderness-HWY 108
April 23, 8:03pm

Re: Emigrant Wilderness-HWY 108
Hi Jay, I was thinking similar thoughts today as I was driving through Oakdale on 108. I just looked at Caltrans and 108 is closed before Kennedy Meadows so unless someone has skis or a snowmobi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Emigrant Wilderness-HWY 108
April 17, 6:54pm

Re: music
That would have been great. We will have to do a trip this summer.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » July 3-8th: 80-90 mile, partial cross country Sierran trip. EPIC!
March 26, 9:45pm

Parking
If you guys from the Bay need a place to park I have a space for you in north Modesto right off CA99. It would be no more than a few minutes detour to get back on CA108/120. If it's only one c...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » July 3-8th: 80-90 mile, partial cross country Sierran trip. EPIC!
March 26, 8:31pm

Great Pictures
Sorry I missed this one. It looks beautiful and chilly. As a fellow Contrail owner, I feel like I suffered vicariously through Jay. I guess I will need to buy or borrow a tent before I do the Lo...

In Post-Trip Reports » Lost Coast Challenge 3/23-24
March 26, 8:13pm

All Reader Reviews by David W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Osprey Packs Customer Service
After 3 or 4 years of use I had some wear on trampoline mesh of my Osprey Exos. When the plastic hipebelt buckle broke I sent it to Osprey and they sent me and identical replacement pack at no cost. ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 10, 9:07pm

Gossamer Gear
When one of my LT4 poles broke, I emailed Gossamer Gear and within a hour I received a friendly email from Grant to send it in. Gossamer Gear sent back a repaired pole at no cost. In addition to mak...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 10, 10:36pm