Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 171 - 180 of 2624 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...263

Forum » Thread

Re: discount applies to what, exactly
Of the last dozen items I've ordered with 30 or 35% additional discounts, only one or two weren't further discounted. I think they were both "Bargain Basement" "Bargain Barn...

In Gear Deals » 40% off coupon code for today only
August 27, 10:15pm

Re: Re: Re: is a knife a non-essential item?
>"I never judge someone's knife choice" I do - when I'm hiking on a paved path in Yosemite, where the greatest risk is being attacked by a hungry ground squirrel, and someon...

In GEAR » is a knife a non-essential item?
August 27, 10:01pm

Re: Your quilt is violating a Patent!
Whether 1993 is the filingdate (20 year term) or the issue date (17 years), that patent no longer has any effect on other parties. More broadly, the US patent Office switched many years ago from...

In GEAR » Your quilt is violating a Patent!
August 27, 6:36pm

Re: Are all inflatable pads measured by their deflated dimensions?
So, like fast-food burgers, sleeping pads are advertised using their "pre-cooked" weights? Get a good law firm, research the misleading diagonal measurement lawsuit (that was over $100...

In GEAR » Are all inflatable pads measured by their deflated dimensions?
August 26, 10:44pm

Re: Quinoa
*The granules are slippery and move around easily. If you take enough it would make a comfortable cushion for the top layer of a pillow (haven't tried this, but it sounds semi-plausible). I ...

In Multiple Use Gear » Quinoa
August 26, 9:22pm

Re: Shuttle from Anchorage/Palmer to Talkeetnas
NPS lists three shuttle services. Definitely check that they are still operating and that they operate that late in the season. http://www.nps.gov/wrst/planyourvisit/mccarthy-road-transport.htm

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Shuttle from Anchorage/Palmer to Talkeetnas
August 26, 8:36pm

Re: Shuttle from Anchorage/Palmer to Talkeetnas
Now that the school year has started, I need to put aside my uber-trail-angel activities. But maybe one of the other BPL Alaskans is free that day. Sounds like you already have arrangements to ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Shuttle from Anchorage/Palmer to Talkeetnas
August 26, 8:32pm

Light my fire
Piper: are you going to try to cook anything while there? Last year on Kauai, I found I could get 1-pound propane cylinders and Sterno in a hardware store or Walmart and sometimes butane for table...

In Philosophy & Technique » Travling light
August 26, 5:34pm

Re: Re: What Kind of Clothing
Bring one set of clothes and wash it at night. Whoever you meet doesn't know you wore the same thing yesterday. Whoever you are traveling with is stuck with you (and you with them) for the du...

In Philosophy & Technique » Travling light
August 26, 5:31pm

Re: Re: Question
What about gratuitous questions/answers that result in a bump? Like this one. Edited to add: **irony alert**

In Gear Swap » Bumping Not Allowed People
August 26, 1:44pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.