Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 171 - 180 of 2671 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...268

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Native Advertising: Photo Ownership rights
>"I do that, but it is a trivial task to remove it." One of my serious photographer friends is upset that FB strips those notices from posted photos.

In Photography » Native Advertising: Photo Ownership rights
September 08, 11:48pm

Re: Re: Re: LEAVE NO TRACE
>"The reason that America was largely an untouched wilderness was not because the locals had made some noble principled choice to preserve it, but because their level of civilization was pr...

In Philosophy & Technique » LEAVE NO TRACE
September 08, 11:27pm

Re: Re: Native Advertising: Photo Ownership rights
>"A business asking users to submit both their photos and all rights to them for free is a practice that should be stomped on and obliterated. If REI were only asking for non-exclusive r...

September 08, 11:16pm

Young and stupid.
>"I got screwed when I was younger." Didn't we all? In my case, I wrote some of the first nationally-marketed microcomputer (pre-Apple) home application software while in hig...

September 08, 11:07pm

Re: Native Advertising: Photo Ownership rights
>"It's a practice that's growing more and more " While all text, images, music, and videos are getting passed around more and more quickly all the time, this isn't a new...

September 08, 10:57pm

Helical Anchors
I searched the web for a fair bit and couldn't find anyone who's doing a UL option for backpacking level tents. So here's a marketing opportunity for you cottage guys and gals: Heli...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Stake techniques
September 07, 4:24pm

Re: Re: Screw it.
3 in. x 1/4 in. Eye Lag Screws for Drop Ceiling Grid with Wood Joists would be overkill but bomber. 7 cents each at Home Depot. Install with a 16d nail. Ought to hold a hundred pounds of tensio...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Stake techniques
September 07, 4:14pm

Between Iraq and a hard place - another slogan
"When you have to Shiite really Sunni."

In Gear Deals » Name the Potty Trowel
September 06, 1:10pm

Re: LEAVE NO TRACE
I'd prefer, "Leave it better than you found it." over "Leave no trace" because LNT is not actually possible while LIBTYFI is very doable and tasked with a doable task, most ...

In Philosophy & Technique » LEAVE NO TRACE
September 05, 8:33pm

Re: No Fire S'mores
Having done S'mores indoors under oven broiler, and scorched hot dogs with a Solar Death Ray, I'm going to suggest an aluminum-foil parabola focusing IR from a pot-less Jetboil to the marsh...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » No Fire S'mores
September 05, 8:17pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.