BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 171 - 180 of 2287 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...229

Forum » Thread

Re: Pics

In Pre-Trip Planning » CA Drought and 2014 hiking season
January 15, 9:11pm

Pics

In Pre-Trip Planning » CA Drought and 2014 hiking season
January 15, 9:11pm

Got a Mountain Lion photo in Alaska.

In Photography » Got my mountain lion pictures!!! I did it!!
January 14, 6:15pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Measuring water
I concur with Jeremy that (if the buckets are larger than cups (a reasonable assumption) and the two buckets are the same size/fullness at the start, then) there is exactly as much water in the win...

In GEAR » Measuring water
January 14, 6:10pm

Re: How much air intake does my DIY hobo stove need?
You could drill the heck out of the lower sides (think of them as lightening holes) and wrap with a variable amount of aluminum foil to find the ideal open area.

In Make Your Own Gear » How much air intake does my DIY hobo stove need?
January 14, 11:15am

Re: Batteries in ACR's
DD: so if you get lost near the end of the each life cycle, you get new batteries indefinitely?

In GEAR » ACR ResQLink manufacture date
January 13, 7:25pm

Re: Re: Measuring water
Whether with indented dots or scratches, you can average the two measurements on each side of a cylinder. i.e. if you mark 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, and 1 cup marks on opposite sides, you can get precisel...

In GEAR » Measuring water
January 13, 7:23pm

Re: Re: ACR ResQLink manufacture date
You could express your concern and ask for the serial number of the unit they propose to ship you. Presumably, they'd grab the most recent one for someone who thought to ask.

In GEAR » ACR ResQLink manufacture date
January 13, 7:13pm

Re: sharing resupply service JMT at Le Conte Canyon Ranger Station?
Marla: I could potentially find a San-Francisco-based hiker who jump at $200 to be a porter. I would have as a college student 30 years ago, am still in touch with the UC Berkeley Hiking Club, and ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » sharing resupply service JMT at Le Conte Canyon Ranger Station?
January 13, 3:25pm

Double-tube pack.
I had a Great Pacific Ironworks* softpack that was two vertical compartments. You couldn't haul a kitchen sink, but stuff was easier to find and less stuff got unpacked onto the ground than wit...

In GEAR » Rolled or Folded Ridgerest as Packframe
January 12, 11:33pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.