BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 171 - 180 of 2290 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...229

Forum » Thread

Re: PCT
>" I know dogs are capable of some pretty incredible things, like the Iditarod, so maybe it's doable but sounds like a bad idea to me." +1 No one is taking a AKC purebred on ...

In On the Web » Canine thru-hike of CDT
January 16, 7:17pm

North of Sweden
>"If you see a commercial fisherman repairing a net, chances are that he will be using a Vickie." True that. I've posted in other little Vickie threads that THE most common kni...

In GEAR » One ounce knife and sheath
January 16, 6:42pm

Re: BPing on O'ahu?
I was on O'ahu doing a week of work two different times and had a day or two off. I googled the Hawaiian hiking club and saw that they had various outings scheduled. I met at the trailhead an...

In Pre-Trip Planning » BPing on O'ahu?
January 15, 9:21pm

Re: Pics

In Pre-Trip Planning » CA Drought and 2014 hiking season
January 15, 9:11pm

Pics

In Pre-Trip Planning » CA Drought and 2014 hiking season
January 15, 9:11pm

Got a Mountain Lion photo in Alaska.

In Photography » Got my mountain lion pictures!!! I did it!!
January 14, 6:15pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Measuring water
I concur with Jeremy that (if the buckets are larger than cups (a reasonable assumption) and the two buckets are the same size/fullness at the start, then) there is exactly as much water in the win...

In GEAR » Measuring water
January 14, 6:10pm

Re: How much air intake does my DIY hobo stove need?
You could drill the heck out of the lower sides (think of them as lightening holes) and wrap with a variable amount of aluminum foil to find the ideal open area.

In Make Your Own Gear » How much air intake does my DIY hobo stove need?
January 14, 11:15am

Re: Batteries in ACR's
DD: so if you get lost near the end of the each life cycle, you get new batteries indefinitely?

In GEAR » ACR ResQLink manufacture date
January 13, 7:25pm

Re: Re: Measuring water
Whether with indented dots or scratches, you can average the two measurements on each side of a cylinder. i.e. if you mark 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, and 1 cup marks on opposite sides, you can get precisel...

In GEAR » Measuring water
January 13, 7:23pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.