BPL Community Profile

Dave Heiss (DaveHeiss) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Backpacker since 1973, started going lighter in 2003
CityCamano Island
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dave Heiss

Showing 171 - 180 of 274 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Forum » Thread

3oz IKEA woodstove
I cut up a couple of the IKEA utensil holders and am pretty happy with this version. First I cut one large feed hole and two smaller vent holes: Then I used a stepper drill to enlarge some of th...

In Make Your Own Gear » 3,06 oz. ikea woodstove
March 03, 6:25pm

FUGU Jacket
Tad - I'm 6-2 and about 180 pounds. I normally take a 36/36.5 inch sleeve length, and while the 35 inch sleeves on my large Montbell Thermawrap UL jacket are fine, on the Fugu the large size...

In Gear Deals » NB Fugu down jackt $119
February 03, 9:47pm

FUGU Jacket
Received my Fugu Jacket today - I think it might be one of the very last large talls they had. It was an exchange for a previously ordered large size that was just a little too short in the arms. I...

In Gear Deals » NB Fugu down jackt $119
February 03, 6:18pm

Firefly stove set sold
Firefly sold to a good home. Hope you enjoy it Ron!

In Gear Swap » Ursacks, GG Firefly stove, and Pot cozy
January 06, 4:49pm

Firefly Stove
Joseph, The Firefly stove is now sold (sale finalized a couple of hours ago). Sorry, but it went to a good home.

In Gear Swap » FS: GG, MLD, BPL, and other good stuff
January 06, 4:45pm

IKEA woodstove
Hi Timo, How well is the revised design working for you?

In Make Your Own Gear » 3,06 oz. ikea woodstove
January 03, 10:26pm

Hexamid specs
Hey Nathan, How tall are you? It would be nice to know so I can use your photos to judge the usable size of the new Hexamid - thanks.

In GEAR » Hexamid Prototype Pictures
January 03, 10:24pm

Gossamer Gear Firefly Stove
The Ursacks are gone (shipping today to Ian and Ted), but the Firefly stove set is still available. Price drop to $25, plus $3 USPS shipping. I've added some photos of it too, to show the repla...

January 02, 1:49pm

Ursacks, GG Firefly stove, and Pot cozy
Unused Christmas gift money is welcome here! SOLD! Gossamer Gear Fire-fly alcohol stove. Complete set (stove, windscreen, reflector base, and pot stand), though I did replace the original heavy ...

December 30, 4:34pm

Santa was here
A Garmin Foretrex 301 Caldera Cone system for my Titan Kettle Gram Cracker and 3-cup bowl with cozy Plus some other stuff for my life away from backpacking....

In GEAR » Christmas Loot! Show us what ya got!
December 25, 7:53pm

All Reader Reviews by Dave Heiss

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Versalite
Andrea - I'm looking forward to your opinions on the Versalite 50. I've still got that pack on my short list, and hope you can provide some input on its comfort and functionality. My only conc...

In Backpacks - External Frame
August 13, 5:37pm

02 Rainwear Rain Suit
I also have an O2 Rainwear suit. I picked up a pair a few years ago and have been really happy with the performance, but I still wince at the screaming yellow color every time I put them on. It is def...

In Clothing - Raingear
March 26, 11:34am