Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jeff McConnell (Catalyst) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Jeff McConnell hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Jeff McConnell has not added a biography yet.
CityWinchester, CA
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear List3 Season SoCal/Sierra List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeff McConnell

Showing 171 - 180 of 992 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ...100

Forum » Thread

ULA
I use the ula ohm 2.0 and the circuit when I need to carry a bear canister. After trying quite a few packs these have become my favorites.

In GEAR » What's your light or UL internal FRAMED pack?
June 01, 9:39pm

spout
Good to know. I just saw that after tracking down a picture on trail designs' website. Thanks for the help!

In GEAR » dent affect performance much?
May 28, 5:47pm

dent affect performance much?
Just received a sidewinder with .9 ti evernew pot that I bought off gear swap. I was disappointed to find a dent in the pot. I'm wondering if there is a safe way to push the dent back in with...

In GEAR » dent affect performance much?
May 28, 4:47pm

Ohm
Tom's advice is good. If I had to guess I'd say the ohm would probably serve you great. I have an ohm I use for most trips and a circuit when I need a bear canister.

In GEAR » ULA CDT, OHM, or Circuit
May 25, 6:15pm

tarptent
The TT notch and stratospire 1 are both worth checking out as well. Both are solo tents with an inner mesh netting to keep out bugs that is removable. Something else you can do is look through all...

In GEAR » Getting back into backpacking -- going UL after years of carrying 50+ lb packs
May 23, 8:53am

Ukulele
I've been throwing around the idea of learning the ukulele and I think it would be fun to take on trips. Now, my singing voice is another matter! I may stick to just playing the instrument wh...

In GEAR » Musical Instruments
May 20, 9:11pm

bright blue
I guess a guy can dream of a bright blue ULA pack...:) I think I'll shoot for navy and go black if I don't like it. Reading reviews a lot of people complained that the navy blue rit dye c...

In GEAR » dyeing a pack
May 20, 8:31pm

dyeing a pack
So I've read a couple of the threads on dyeing ULA packs and I think I'm going to give it a go on my Circuit. I need some color wheel help. Really, I'd like a royal blue color, but I&...

In GEAR » dyeing a pack
May 20, 6:00pm

women's pants recommendation
I'm looking for hiking pants for my wife. I could use some recommendations. It looks like REI has a good deal on these. Anyone use them?

In GEAR » women's pants recommendation
May 18, 1:27pm

yep
No way I'd be able to use a quilt that warm in summer. I find my Revelation 20 degree can get too warm at times.

In GEAR » 10F EE RevX Quilt too warm in summer?
May 16, 9:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeff McConnell

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Vasque Breeze GTX
I bought theses shoes for a day hike of Mt. Whitney. They performed very well. Good traction on wet rock and scree. I also used them for a 5 day backpacking trip of Whitney through the back country...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
February 20, 12:20pm